Philadelphia Babies
Options

BFP! W/C, Malvern, Mainline area- pls rec your OB

For many reasons, I will not go back to the practice that delivered my son (Marlino, Chastney, Russine et al).  Today we got a + pg test and I need to find a new OB ASAP.  Do you have any recommendations?  I would really like someone caring and compassionate.  TIA

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: BFP! W/C, Malvern, Mainline area- pls rec your OB

• Options
    I recommend Peden, Belden, McConnell and Finnegan who deliver at Lankenau. They were great and very compassionate with good bedside manner throughout. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Dr. Melissa Delaney is a great OBGYN.  She delivers at Chester County Hospital, and I believe she will also do Paoli.  Very friendly and easy to do business with.  Down to Earth and easy to talk to, no matter how ridiculous you may think your questions are.  VERY generous with BC and PNV samples!

Office is very clean- and purple!  If you check her out, you will see what I mean!

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would go back to my OB- Phillip Hirshman in King of Prussia on Shoemaker Road. He was very understanding, laid back and extremely compassionate. His nurses are wonderful. the practice delivers at Bryn Mawr which has a GREAT NICU (just in case)--

congrats and gl

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go to Main Line Women's Health.  They have offices in Malvern, Rosemont (Bryn Mawr) and Plymouth Meeting.  Dr. Bernardini is great, as are Dr. Lu and Dr. Leone.
  • Options
    Dr. Leone delievered my baby- i wasn't her OB patient- she was filling in. I didn't care for her, she was very strict, all business, didn't answer my questions--- however it was very very early in the morning on memorial day. However that really doesn't excuse how she was. JMHO
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Why will you not return to that practice?  That is my OB office and now I am a little concerned.  Please elaborate.
  • Options
    I just switched to this practice.  Dr. Bernardini came highly recommended.
  • Options
    Main Line Women's Health in excellent.  In particular Bernadini & Dien.  I started out at PENN & transferred at 16 weeks. (PENN is great also, just nto goegraphically convenient for me).  Drs, nurses & midwifes are all amazing.  I was hospitalized at 10`& 13 weeks.....all 5 Drs have excellent bedside manner.  Never in a hurry, sat down (literally in the rocking chair) & disucssed all my options in detial - spent anywhere from 10-20 minutes on any given visit......you'll never get that amount of time from PENN. (was hospitalized there as well at 5 & 7 weeks). The nurses in the practice were very helpful in getting my records transferred.
  • Options
    imageBride2b2004:

For many reasons, I will not go back to the practice that delivered my son (Marlino, Chastney, Russine et al).  Today we got a + pg test and I need to find a new OB ASAP.  Do you have any recommendations?  I would really like someone caring and compassionate.  TIA

I don't blame you AT ALL.  I used to be a patient there as well and I was horrified with the care I received.  Chastney was an *** when I had to call with a night emergency... I had had a biopsy and then intercourse a few days later and was bleeding everywhere.  I was never told I had to wait 2 weeks to have intercourse. He called me an idiot and yelled at me for waking him up.  He was the on call doctor!  

When I got a positive pregnancy test, I made an appointment at 6 weeks.  Went in, she stuck her hand in and said "Yup, you're about 6 weeks." and that was it.  No prenatal vitamins, no estimated due date.  She didn't even do a urine test!!!  I called my sister about it aftewards and she told me to RUN to a new OB immediately.

I loved Dr. Sara Wheeler of Great Valley OB/GYN.  It's a great practice. 

• Options
    Can I also ask why you won't go back to Russino & Chasteney? THey are my OB and I'm due in 2 months with DC #2. Chasteney delivered my DD and I had a great experience with him. Just wondering what happened with you that I should keep an eye out for? Sorry you had such a bad experience and hope you can find a doctor that you love.
  • Options
    I also had a great experience with Dr. Chastney, as he delivered my daughter 2 months ago. Can anyone fill me in.
  • Options
    I used the midwives at The Birth Center but had to be transferred to Bryn Mawr Hospital due to complications during my labot.  Dr. Leone (Main Line Womens Health) delivered me and she was great (as were my midwives that stayed with me through the whole thing!)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"