TTC after 35
Options

CD 1 and SA results

ugh well period started today. As if that wasn't bad enough we got the results back from the Sperm analysis and it's not great.

2% morph (they want it over 3%). Recommendation is a cocktail of supplements (no big deal).

I copied in this next part b/c it's new to me.

Also anti-sperm antibodies (ASAB) were found on @ 24% of the entire sperm. Sperm antibodies reduce fertility, but do not invariably prevent conception. Rather, the effects are graduated; i.e., the larger the immunologic response, the less likely it is that a pregnancy will occur.
Once sperm antibodies have formed, they can affect sperm in several different ways. Some antibodies will cause sperm to stick together (agglutinating antibodies). Agglutinated sperm clump together in huge masses and are unable to migrate through the cervix and uterus.
Recommendation: only 1-2 cycles of IUI instead of 3. Need to use a special "medium" to help sperm get make it to the destination. Recommended against TI (with clomid) which was our plan this cycle due to travel plans mid cycle.

So basically we're out this cycle and DH is being a total baby about it. He's been moping about and won't even talk about IVF at this point. We conceived our son with no help so it does seem like a lot to jump to IVF but I'll be 40 in two weeks so we don't have a lot of time.

Anyone else with male issues?

Re: CD 1 and SA results

• Options
    I'm sorry you got crappy news :( I don't have any personal experience but please try to understand your husband's feelings. Most men feel as if they are not "true men" if they find they may be the cause of fertility issues.

Things are raw with both of you right now so I would give yourself a couple of days. He may just need some time to process it. At one point it would be good to talk to your husband and let him know it's ok and you still love him.
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    I have no words of wisdom, but I suspect @Nikolie93‌ is right that YH's ego is a bit bruised right now and that is clouding his perspective.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You guys are totally right. I gave him some space and just let him be tonight. He's warmed up a bit and is being more affectionate. :) We go in for our regroup next Tues so hopefully the doc can word things better than I can.

• Options
    MH has low morphology but his other numbers are amazing. Morphology isn't the only thing that matters. How are his other numbers?  What supplements did they recommend?

I have DH on a few different supplements including a multi, maca, CoQ 10, Vit C, fish oil,  Gingko Biloba and royal jelly/pollen/propolis. We'll see what his semen looks like when we do IUI.
    Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    I am glad you gave him some space and he seems a bit better now! 

Sometimes us ladies concentrate so  hard on the getting pregnant part that we forget how it may impact our partners. I know that I had to take a step back every once in a while and try to look at it from his point of view. 

Good luck with the upcoming appointment :)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    @waterbaby318‌ - we haven't seen a full report yet but I requested it. The morph is something that can be addressed with supps but the antisperm antibodies is more concerning.
    The supps they put him on are Vit C, Vit E, CoQ10, Omega 3s, L-Carnitine, and a Multi. Think that's all (but don't have my notes in front of me.) I'm making up pill packs for him this afternoon to help make it easier.

Crossing my fingers my day 3 (2) labs come back OK today. They screwed up last time they ran them so we had to wait until now.

• Options
    @lucyspeople FX for your labs today, I hope you get great results!
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • Options
    Good luck, let us know!

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    How did the rest of the labs go? Hopefully things have gotten better with DH.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    C_GirlieC_Girlie member
    edited January 2015
    My dh also has Low morphology, I'd be lucky if he took his supplements once a week. I have to constantly remind him to take them, but I don't wanna come off looking like I'm harassing him. Good luck
  • Options
    @C_Girlie‌ - I literally hand the supplements to him. He made a joke last night that I wait and watch him take them. I don't think I go that far but I should probably back off a bit. I found it helpful to make up little packets for him with the pills to take each morning. I don't think he'd do it if he had to open up six bottles!

My numbers were really good especially considering my age. So relieved!
    E2 = 21
    FSH = 4.6
    LH = 2.0
    AMH = had this done in oct but can't find number. It was good tho
    AFC = 13

So thank goodness we aren't dealing with both sides but I almost think it's be easier if it was due to me b/c I'm a fixer. Anywho we go in Tues for our regroup. Can't wait for that!

• Options
    I have to put all the supps together too but NBD.

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    Yeah for good numbers (i know nothing about all this) and hopping supps help YH.

Good luck!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"