Trying to Get Pregnant

Long Cycle/Not Ovulating Advice?

Hi ladies, I've been lurking here for awhile, tried posting once and didn't like the negativity in the responses, so its taken awhile to feel comfortable posting again.  Some things I'd like you to know before you respond:
1) I see what's happening, I don't want to switch boards, and I don't need others telling me to.
2) Please be kind and positive

Okay - So my cycles since going off BCPs (~7 mos ago) have all been 35+ days with an average length of 40 days.  From what I read, this can be a sign of issues, and I should be far enough past BCPs to not be affected by them (and the last time I came off (was going abroad for a year) I had no issues and was regular very quickly afterward.  Per OB/GYN's recommendation, I started temping this cycle (currently CD 31 with no sign of ovulation).  My chart is below, but has been pretty all over the place with dips for a few days and rises for a few days, but has no biphastic pattern that you are supposed to see.

CM (mmm fun stuff) - I haven't been officially charting it, but it too has been all over the place with a few days of watery-ness and then not, and then it'll be back... I'll put it all on the chart next cycle

I recognize that we haven't been trying that long, and that there are still about 9 days of this cycle (or potentially more, so I may not have o'ed yet, even though I might), but... I don't like the erratic temps, and family history is that no one has ever needed more than 2mos to get pregnant, and usually the issue is with being pregnant when they weren't trying.

SO....
Does anyone have advice concerning how long to wait before showing the charts to the doc?  
Also, I'm in info-seeker - so worst-case-scenario (I'm not ovulating) - what might I be looking at for next steps?  (The most detail I've seen is "the doc will run a battery of tests...")  And how long does it take from charts showing no ovulation to medicated cycles, etc.?

Thanks for your help and loyalty to TB!
28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
TTC#2 since 2/2017

Re: Long Cycle/Not Ovulating Advice?

• Loading the player...

• I'm also calling bullshit on no one ever in the history of your family ever at any point taking longer than 58-62 days to conceive. It's a 20% chance every cycle, whether you believe it or not.
    If the 20% number is correct, then 36% of women are preggo within 2 cycles, including anyone with IF issues in the stats.  So, it is not outrageous for that to be true of the female relatives I know, especially adding in the fact that non of them have any IF issues.

I didn't add my original comment about family history for any reason other than to add to my current frustration, and the fact that NO ONE I know in my family can relate to where I am currently because they haven't experienced it, which is why I'm turning to the community here.  

Feel free to ignore it if you find it irrelevant, I'm just trying to give as much info as possible as I try to figure out my next steps.  I'd love to hear from the community who has more experience than my family can offer.

28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Joy2611 said:
    You may not dictate responses.  It is not kind or fair to do so, so please ride off on your high horse now.
    I know myself.  I know what *I* need. I'm letting the community know where I am right now and what *I* would find most useful now. A member can be kind and positive while being truthful and honest.  I'm merely asking for consideration on a topic that is very sensitive for me in a difficult and frustrating time.  

I am not on a high horse.  I'm in a deep, dark hole and need the community's help to get out of it.
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• That community has left. They've gone to the dark side.
    Really?  The ugliest responses I've seen have come from people with that link in their siggies...

And yes - to the "I get what I give" - at THIS time I'm asking for help.  at ANOTHER time, I'll be able to offer additional support as I have more experience to share rather than just quoting the same old stats that get thrown around.

I have an MA in education and am a chaplain.  True LEARNING comes with compassion and care, not hard facts and rebellions.

Let me therefore clarify my initial request from "be kind and positive" to "be compassionate"  If someone can't be compassionate on this board, I don't know why they are here or feel they have to post a reply to me.
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• @WA85 - Thanks :)

I've been trying to be more consistent on timing, but balancing that with waking up a lot once it gets near the 6:30 alarm-clock...  I'll try to be more consistent!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• My best advice I can give.. Is to get on a diet. That's what I've started. I've started taking prenatal vitamins, and watching that I eat more veggies, and get a walk/run in everyday. Weight plays a big role into why some don't get pregnant.
  • I wasn't implying she was over weight! She asked where to start. I suggested her to be on a diet. I should have stated a healthy diet. Sometimes weight does plays a roll in the equation to getting pregnant.
  • I know you stated you don't want to go to the other board but you will not find the help you need here. The dump has ran off all of the knowledgable members. All you will find here is rainbow glitter farts and everyone squeezing about implantation bleeding and posting pee sticks.
  • I know right!
  • LoYoLaurenLoYoLauren member
    edited January 2015
  • PumpkinTi said:

@maygrace and the others who have been guninely kind and helpful, as I asked- thanks for the advice and compassion!

To others - Yes I'm a news poster, you were once too. I have also spent lots of time reading and getting info. This is another place to turn. I have my reasons for staying here, I could list, but then you'd attack me more. It was a leap of faith as I begin this journey, I will be able to give others support, I have posted responses to others, but some make it hard to get into this clique. But don't worry, because I'll just keep posting here, and since theres that new forum many jumped ship to, I won't be a bother if I post here.

So refreshing. A brand new start to this once barren wasteland. Finally we have the knowledge and power this board needs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"