February 2015 Moms
Options

Patience !!!!

hi so this is my first time posting a question on here but I figured I'd give it a go, I am currently 38 weeks and 4 days my dr says my cervix is still pretty high and that I'm not dialated at all, she says this is normal because it's my first and she says it can also change fast. Does anyone have any tips that have worked for them previously that I could try to help baby make its way into the world ? Quicker

Re: Patience !!!!

• Options
    You will find a lot of things on the internet that you could try, however most if not all don't work. Only time. I'm prego with my 3rd. My first was born on his due day. Second was induced at 39 weeks. Changes to your body are happening daily. Hang in there a couple more weeks. Maybe your little one just needs a little more time to finish growning. I know it's easier said than done.
  • Options
    Nope. Baby will come when he/she is ready.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this like the question of the day? Why do you want to hurry things up? :-O
  • Options
    HayleyBug55HayleyBug55 member
    edited January 2015
    Wtf is up with WK's recently? Baby will come when baby and your body are ready. Simple as that!! I don't know why people can't understand that. I would never forgive myself for inducing medically or naturally early and something be wrong with my baby and them have to spend time in the NICU. Why chance it? We're all tired and uncomfortable!! I have been that way since about 30 weeks but I've made it this far and I'm pretty sure I can handle a few more weeks. Why chance forcing your baby out when they're not ready and something be wrong with them? I just don't get it. It's selfish and unnecessary. You did the deed to get pregnant now suck it up for the last few weeks.
  • Options
    OP, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. There are a few things that I think you can do to gently encourage labor, but those really won't do anything if you're baby/body aren't ready yet. The only one that comes to my mind is (how to put this delicately...) having marital relations with your SO. There are probably a few others. 

As for medical induction, please only consider that if it's truly medically necessary. I know things can be uncomfortable for you at this point, but the baby is still growing and developing and needs this time in your womb for optimal development. If the baby is ready to come out, he/she will come out. 
  • Options
    HayleyBug55HayleyBug55 member
    edited January 2015

momofcpah said:

Oh give it a rest ladies. I am so sick of seeing you guys bash on women bc they are tired of being pregnant at 38 + weeks. They are considered full term at 37 weeks. So if they want some suggestions on how to help the process along who cares. Quit being ugly and making smart comments. I am having my fourth child and have been induced with EVERY one of my pregnancies and only had one child that needed to be induced bc of a medical necessity. The rest were my choice bc I was sick and tired of being pregnant and baby was well ready. So back off.

100% agree. Its like all these women hate anything thats being asked. Jesus! Stop being so damn rude to others.
    And the WK now has her trusty steed!! Together they will tell everyone how big of a bitch they're being and save TB from bullies. B-)
    Will this crap ever end? They never came out of hiding until AFTER most the regulars left. Now all the sudden they have the balls to come out and say something. :-?

Edit: what's the use in spell check if it messes up all the time?
  • Options
    For Gods sake, shutup already
  • Options
    @flyinghigh89‌ WHY ARE YOU HERE?
  • Options
    I have a right to be here do I not?
  • Options
    @flyinghigh89‌ You also have the right to keep your shitty attitude, unhelpful advice, and rude comments to yourself but that doesn't seem to be enough to motivate you.
  • Options
    ReignJohnsonReignJohnson member
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    I'm not trolling anything. Everyone puts their opinions on here and that's my opinion. I'm not the only person sick of mothers being treated like crap because they ask questions not everyone likes, I think that's apparent. You ladies can all have your say about these "trolls" and "WKs" but then when we reply defending ourselves and others we get ridiculed more.
  • Options
    I don't get it, all these WKs can just leave this forum if they don't like what they hear. Why stay if you think everyone is mean and unhelpful? You are free to find another site.

OP, I am tired of being pregnant too but now I'm just going with it. She'll come when the time is right. There's really nothing you can do although I hear walking or sex can help.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    You're also free to leave if you think all these newbies are ruining it, there are just as many people moaning about this site for different reasons to us "WKs". It's a two way street if that's the case.
  • Options

Maybe that's what you ladies need to remember then isn't it. There's enough women saying that they feel like they haven't been able to use the site because of bullying and sarcastic behaviour etc so why not take that into account?

What I don't get is, if so many people didn't feel like they could use the site, why didn't they just find another forum that they liked? There are plenty of other forums (or "apps") out there, and you can easily find one where you like the people who are posting and the general tone of the place.
    For some, that place was TB. Those people who liked it here stayed and made friends. Those who didn't left, hopefully for a place where they found what they wanted. That's totally OK, not everybody had to like the same thing. But if you choose to stay in a community you should respect the rules of that particular community. That's just common sense. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay, but if you stay, you should do so because you like it there. Not because you hate it.
  • Options
    Baby will come when it's ready dear this is something that can't be rushed along.. I know how the last few weeks are long and tiring and bloody painful too but I think we all can say we would prefer what's best for baby and what's best for baby is to be left alone till it wants to make an appreance. If you are really concerned about stuff, speak to your midwife and see what she advises. She may be able to advise on ways to help cope with stuff..
    I hope you feel better soon chick.. Plenty of rest :) x
  • Options

I get the whole tired of being pregnant thing.  We're all tired.  You just need to find ways to deal with it and guess what?  Forcing your baby to come out before he/she is ready is NOT the way to deal with it.  My way of dealing with it is finding ways to pamper myself.  Last night I went to yoga.  The stretching and meditation helped me feel AH-MAZING!  Next weekend I have a prenatal massage scheduled.  I'm also getting a pedicure at some point.  It gives me things to look forward to and helps me deal with how uncomfortable and tired I am right now. 

One of my good friends decided she was "tired of being pregnant" and she did everything she could to induce labor on her own.  Her baby was born a week early but he's had breathing difficulties since day one.  He has what she calls "dusty spells" where he chokes on the fluid that's in his lungs.  He almost choked to death on the way home from the hospital and they had to pull over on the side of the road to suction the fluid out of his lungs.  At 8 weeks he's finally doing better, but to me, that doesn't sound worth it. 

Keep in mind that this is the easy part!  If you think you're tired now, wait until your L.O. is born!  

• Options
    Will OP ever reply?

And can't we all just get along? %-(
  • Options
    @Xoxolicia‌ she's still cooking! I have my doctors appointment at 1:15 to check for strep B and fluid levels.I think the worse case scenario is being induced at 39 weeks at this point. On the bright side my mom has been a blessing coming over every day to help me get last minute things ready for her. And she brings me mexican and Chinese food alot! How are y'all doing in the big city? It has to be much more fun than here.
  • Options
    @Xoxolicia‌ I don't think these drive by posters will get sick of it. They only have a month or so to be here and will probably not look back after their baby has come. None of them want to be a community. They all want a personal google.
  • Options
    @Xoxolicia‌ it went great! Levels are good and my OB is even betting we won't have to induce. I wish I wanted fruits. Lol all I ever want is mexican food. I really miss working but I think I'd be dead by now if I was still working. When do you go on maternity leave?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"