January 2013 Moms

storing LO's puzzles

How do you store your LO's puzzles? 

I feel like if I put the pieces in a bag or container, he won't play with them as much. Also, I would probably have to open the bag or container every time he did want to play with them. I like the puzzle racks, but do they just get constantly knocked down when the kids try to slide a puzzle off?

He only has two or three puzzles out at a time, and the rest I keep packed away in the basement to rotate in and out. There are always random pieces floating around, or they crash down when he tries to get one off the shelf, which upsets him.

I know puzzles are so good for his little brain and his motor skills, but I kind of hate them.
IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

Re: storing LO's puzzles

• I have no good solutions to offer. I too have a love hate relationship with them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just thinking about this the other day. At dollar general there is magazine organizers similar to these and I thought the puzzle could fit in it with the pieces loose in the bottom. But I haven't tested that theory.

Putting one puzzle out at a time is a good idea @MichieU79. My husband and I were just discussing the toy rotation idea so I'll think I'll run by the store tonight and grab a few totes. J has soooo many toys after Christmas and his birthday it's ridiculous. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • @jobiann we are all about the toy rotation. We actually put half the toys he got for Christmas away as soon as he opened them so he's only ever seen them the once. I will do the same with any birthday toys he gets. I think I will rotate the toys out around March 1 which means he's had 2 months with the ones out now, and when i bring the others out he will be thrilled. We don't have a very big house and there's just no room for all this stuff! I should also admit that I am Re-wrapping some of the puzzles we got him for Christmas as birthday gifts. He won't know the difference! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are definitely not alone!  I've done the same as PP.  I just put them in a zip block bag and open it everytime she wants to play with them.  I only have 2 out for now just because I handle all those pieces all over the floor.  Sometimes she takes them out and doesn't even play with them!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"