Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Rhogam shot?

Did anyone receive this with a first trimester loss? How do you know if you need it? I don't even know my blood type!
Me: 34 | He: 40
TTC since 08/2012
DX: DOR

Re: Rhogam shot?

• I've had to have this shot with with all 3 of my MC's because I'm o negative.

Did you have to get it?
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @Nikolie93‌ No medical professional has mentioned it to me. I'm going to ask. I don't think I'm o negative. Is that the only time you need it?
    TTC since 08/2012

• Loading the player...
  • I'd like to think your doctor would have tested you to see what your blood type is. Mine did. That wild determine whether you need the shot or not. Did you have any bloodwork done?
    Married 10.03.2014
    TTC the day we were married
    BFP October 2014 - Due 7/2/2015 - MMC discovered 12/1/2014 (D&C)
  • They checked my blood type during my first MC and found I was o negative.

I have heard some ladies say it's not necessary to get the shot if it's an early MC but I have no experience with that since u got it all 3 times.

I would definitely ask your Dr to check your blood type, even if they won't think it's necessary to give the shot.

As for all the blood types that may require the shot, I can't be sure. Sorry!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• If you are RH negative (O-, A-, B-, or AB-) then you need it.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Thanks everyone. I know my RE tested my blood type. I suspect they are on top of this, but I will ask tomorrow.
    TTC since 08/2012

• Im an RH neg blood type and they gave it to me.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • If you are Rh- and more than 6-8 wks when you miscarry then you will need the shot within 72 hrs of miscarrying. Your doctor should be testing you if you were far enough along. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I had a rhogam shot while i was still pregnant before i miscarried. If you're blood is negative then you have to get it or your cgances of miscarrying are increased by a lot is what my doctor told me. It tells the body not to reject the baby.
  • As the other ladies have stated, you need the rhogam shot if you are found to have Rh negative blood. (Which your Dr.s office should have done a blood draw to find out.) I had a mmc at 6 weeks, and after my d&c, I was given the shot. However, my doctor said I only needed the shot the one time and wouldn't need it going forward. When you have Rh negative blood, your body can attack a fetus that has Rh factor blood. The shot is supposed to help prevent your body from making antibodies against babies with Rh factor blood.

1st BFP 08/08/14 EDD 04/21/15 confirmed MMC 09/17/14 waited for natural m/c no luck, D&C 10/06/14
    2nd BFP 02/06/15 EDD 10/13/15
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Creativity knows no bounds.
  • If you are RH negative (O-, A-, B-, or AB-) then you need it.

What she said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"