March 2014 Moms
Options

Boobs

Anyone still here interested in the weekly check in? I think it's on Tuesday?

1. Anything new this week?
2. Challenges/successes?
3. How many nursing sessions/bottles does LO get during day/night? If you give bottles, how many ounces?
4. Questions?

Re: Boobs

• Options
    I'm still interested!
    Lo has been biting this week but she has a tooth coming in, so I think when it's through, she'll stop biting.
    She has 4 nursing seasons a day plus a bottle of BM before bed. That bottle is 4oz.
    The big thing on my mind right now is weaning. I think we'll stop nursing at a year, maybe keeping the first session only. But I have no idea how to go about weaning when it's time or how to start introducing cow's milk.
    I also don't know how LO will do with weaning. She loves nursing but is also really easygoing. So it could go either way. But my goal was always a year and I would like my body to myself for a few months before getting pregnant again.
    I know those weren't really questions, but they are my concerns!
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options
    :-t Today is Tuesday!?
    Who knew. @-)

- LO is playing suck/don't suck so milk is spraying everywhere. Not fun. But at least he isn't biting.

2. Challenges/successes?
    - see above, plus DS1 is being overly destructive and disruptive. LO is avoiding naps whenever possibly and my energy is completely drained due to the cold.

3. How many nursing sessions/bottles does LO get during day/night? If you give bottles, how many ounces?
    - in 24 hours he nurses 6-8 times usually. 4 daytime, 1 at bed, 1 or 2 MOTN.

4. Questions?
    - can someone please take my kids for a few days. Lol. I'm sick. :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

We finally have a routine- yes!

2. Challenges/successes?
    Routine has been a success even tho she's still only sleeping 45 mins. And I'm impressed I'm still breastfeeding at 10 months!

She usuAlly gets between 5-7 feedings a day- 4/5 during the day and 1/2 during the motn. She can take a bottle but I'm not pumping anymore as she'll take formula if she needs a bottle. I've also added formula instead of water at meal times.

4. Questions?
    Same as @katka512‌ how do I wean? Going to check out kellymom now.....

Thanks for starting @fish8412‌ !

• Options
    1. Anything new this week? Not really
    2. Challenges/successes? She still wants to comfort nurse at night which I want her to stop doing.
    3. How many nursing sessions/bottles does LO get during day/night? If you give bottles, how many ounces 3-4 mostly for naps and bedtime

4. Questions? None today
  • Options
    katka512  I have heard that you can start to introduce cows milk at around 12 months.  I totally understand how you feel. I really enjoy nursing (more than I envisioned) and so does LO, so I will probably continue past my 1 year goal.  However, I would love to diet/exercise more before tttc.  I am probably going to wean very gradually so it is easier on both me and LO.

WisconsinCheese12     How many times a night does your LO comfort nurse?  My LO used to only comfort nurse once a night, but now it is more like 2 or 3 times.  ughhh so tired!  I have a huge freezer stash so starting this weekend my husband is going to give her a bottle when she wakes up in the middle of the night.  I am going to get the bottle ready while he changes her diaper.  I'm not going to interact with her at all.  We are both hoping that she will take the bottle and pass out without me...fingers crossed this will reduce the number of night wakings.  
  • Options
    Started my new job today (teacher at head start!) and I'm debating whether or not to worry about pumping there. It'd only be for a couple weeks and pedi approved us to begin introducing whole milk if I run out of freezer stash/can't pump enough. She'd only get a bottle or two while I was gone, so itd still be mostly breast milk she's getting, so I'm not sure what to do. She'll be a year in two weeks.
    2. Challenges/successes?
    My pump/boobs are finally cooperating again so I don't have to pump 4-5 times a day for 1-2 bottles!
    6-7 a day, 1-2 of those overnight, though she's miraculously slept through the night the last two days, so I'd be happy to drop the 2 and 5 o'clock sessions.
    4. Questions?
    What would you do about the above situation? Re: pumping/working/whole milk
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options

2. Challenges/successes?  LO is waking a lot at night.  She wants to nurse immediately.  Sometimes she passes out, but other times she stays awake for 30-60 minutes, just hanging out.

3. How many nursing sessions/bottles does LO get during day/night? If you give bottles, how many ounces?  LO nurses 4 times during the day.  She used to only wake once a night, but now it is more like 3 times a night. I am exhausted.  

4. Questions?
    Any suggestions for night weaning?  I am open to ideas other than CIO.
  • Options
    @dancer7889‌
    If your boobs could handle not pumping while you're at work then I would just give her cows milk.
    DS1 wouldn't take a bottle and he wouldn't drink BM from a cup, so he slowly switched to cow's milk (doctor's approval) when I returned to work (he was 9 months)and nursed while I was home.
    DD weaned herself at 10.5 months and switched to cow's milk immediately.

Maybe pump once at work for a couple days while LO has WCM and if there are no problems then drop the pumping at work?
  • Options
    Nothing really new.
    Still only pumping 2 ounces at bedtime while she takes a bottle of bm and f. I ordered small shields to see if that makes a difference. I'm also gonna try to nurse her at bedtime to see how that goes. She hasn't wanted to nurse at bedtime in months but she's gone back to nursing in public which she hadnt done for a while so I think I'll give it a shot.
    Breastfeeding 3-4 times per day and a bottle of mixed breast milk and formula at bedtime.
    Bedtime bottle is about 2 ounces of breast milk and 3-4 ounces of formula for a total of 5-6.
    Not really any questions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SurpriseAt39‌ - I think that's going to be my plan. I pumped before I left for work at 7:45 then didn't pump at work and fed her when I got home about 2:45. I was full but not too uncomfortable. I'm going to try to not pump in the mornings, but she slept in today (after being up a bit last night) so I couldn't nurse her before I left. I'm picking up some whole milk tomorrow and I'm curious to see how she takes it.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"