Minnesota Babies
Options

breast pump recommendations?

I am currently pregnant with our first and looking at breast pumps I have no clue which one would be a good option. They are not cheap so I don't want to end up getting something that I am going to dislike. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Re: breast pump recommendations?

• Options
    Definitely check with your insurance, a lot of them are being covered now. All I had to do was get a prescription from my midwives and take it to the supply store at the hospital.

That said, with my son I had a Medela pump in style advanced and didn't really have any issues. This time around I went with a Hygeia Enjoye and love it. Medela seems to be the go-to brand, but the Hygeia is awesome and works better for me.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options
    Yes, check with insurance. I just found out I'm 100% covered as long as I get a prescription.
    I had a Medela with my first. I loved it, but when I went to make sure it was still working and looking good I took off the front plate and there was mold. 

I asked someone I know that has a ton of experience with baby products and she highly recommended Hygeia. I've done some research, and I'm definitely going with that one if I can get it. Not only is it a closed system, but I've read that for momma's that may have a slower let down (like me), that it is really great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies to check with insurance first. I used a Medela brand pump, I liked that the shields came in many sizes as I needed somthing other than the 'standard'. I also would suggest getting a manual/hand pump as well. You never know if your electric pump is going to give out or you will need to pump someplace without an outlet. Another tip, use wet bags to transport dirty pump parts, much easier than having dirty parts in your clean bag (also more discreet if you end up keeping them in a communal fridge at work).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Check your insurance. I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lara0802 said:

Not only is it a closed system, but I've read that for momma's that may have a slower let down (like me), that it is really great.

This is part of why I love mine, I'm able to get two let downs per session which I could never do with my Medela.

image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

• Options

+MeganS+ said:
    Check your insurance. I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Love it.
    This.  My insurance covered the Medela PISA. 
  • Options
    Hygeia Enjoye I believe has BPA free components not sure about the others..? Does anyone else know?
  • Options
    I EP for both of mine when they were small... My recommendation is going to be a Medela rental or a Hygeia rental grade... The pump kit for the Hygeia's is the same as the Medela pumps, but since the Hygeia's are a closed system, you can resell them safely after you're done with it unlike other pumps out there... If you do go the rental route, check around because you may find a medical device company that is closer to your house than the one on the list that the hospital will likely give you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the breast pumps are covered under Ucare Medical Assistance insurance?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"