St. Louis Babies

Mercy delivery?

I'm seeing Dr. Minchow-Proffitt for my pregnancy.  She mentioned laboring in the tub at Mercy but didn't say anything about delivery.  Can you deliver in the tub?

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Mercy delivery?

• No you can't - if you even get a tub. I was annoyed that I requested one and didn't get it. The nurse acted like she didn't give two shits that I wanted one.

Please, when you go into labor, if you can wait until 6 am to go to the hospital, your crew will be MUCH better. We went in at midnight and I think there might have been one person who knew what they were doing - the nurses sure didn't.

• I heard you can deliver in a tub at Mercy only if you have a Midwife.   Hope this helps!  I'm taking my tour this weekend so I will find out more information. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe in the birth center.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • If you deliver at the Birth Center, you can have most of your labor in the tub, but yes when it's time to push you will have to get in bed, because not all of the medical supplies that the OB needs can not fit into the bathroom. Which all of the RN''s that I had with my delivery were fantastic!
    Anniversary

• I got to the hospital at midnight with my daughter and our nurse was AMAZING! Her shift ended 30 minutes before I delivered but she stayed b/c she said she'd been with us since midnight and wanted to stay for her birth. She was born 4 days after the new unit opened in 2013 and the rooms are amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"