Trouble TTC
Options

Regulating period with red raspberry leaf tea... TTC

echhimechhim member
edited January 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hello all! I have had irregular periods for the last few years (that I know of). I had never paid much attention to how long my cycles were until about 2 years ago, and more so now that I am TTC. My periods differ monthly, from 45 day cycles up to 79 (the highest I have recorded so far). I did a lot of looking online, or should I say obsessing, over how to regulate a period. I went to my doctor, who recommended starting me on birth control, but I had tried that a few years ago and it was fine while I was on it but as soon as I stopped taking it my periods were back to being irregular. I started drinking the raspberry leaf tea 2 times a day just under a month ago, (beginning of Jan. 2015) and this month my cycle was 38 days (first time I have had a cycle in the 30's range in who knows how long)!! I don't know if it is just a coincidence or not, I will keep drinking the tea for the next few months to see. Also, I feel it gave me a lot more fertile quality mucus. I never really have clear or stretchy, although I do not think I have ovulated any previous months with how long my cycles have been. This month there was definitely more clear! I really am starting to believe this tea is a miracle drink. Anyone else have this happen?
Also, this is my first time writing on here so I thought I would give a little summary.. I found out I had a bicornuate uterus about two years ago, and have been ttc for a little over a year. I have never been pregnant, and am praying for a miracle! I believe I may have PCOS, but have not had this confirmed. 
I would appreciate any input :)

Re: Regulating period with red raspberry leaf tea... TTC

• Options
    Welcome! I am sorry you have to be here and hope your stay is short. I have not tried the tea, but my periods have been regulated by taking Metformin. I was prescribed that once I was diagnosed with PCOS. I do hoe you are able to see an RE if you haven't already. Also, some of the members of this board do not appreciate the term Baby Dust, so I would suggest editing your post to remove it. Good luck on the next steps of your journey.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    Oh thank you for the info! I removed it :) New to this and had seen that a few times, figured it was good luck. I have an appointment set up for the end of February, and I am hoping I can get some answers. I have no other symptoms of PCOS besides the irregular periods and not ovulating (to my knowledge) but I would like to know. I hope your stay is short, as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have tried the tea but to increase the lining of my uterus and it did not work. I know that a lot of people believe it really words, but there is no way to tell. I would definitely recommend going to a doctor if you have reached one year without any BFP's.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    I have a doctors appointment coming up, but I always like to try natural remedies and didn't think it would hurt anything. I am surprised at how short my cycle is this month compared to the many previous, and thought I would share. :)
  • Options

echhim said:

I found out I had a bicornuate uterus about two years ago

How? Like, test wise. How did you find out? 

I had pain in my left ovary, and went in for an internal x Ray to see if I had a cyst or anything, I can't remember the technical term for that procedure but they wrote me a few days later saying I had a bicornuate uterus with two separate horns.
  • Options
    kbojo24 said:

Welcome! I'm glad the tea worked for you! I have some fertility blend tea but I didnt see much of a difference so I stopped drinking it. I also only have one kidney! I donated one of mine to my niece. Good luck!!

I haven't tried anything specifically labeled for fertility, but I am sorry the blend tea didn't work for you. Do you have irregular periods as well? Also, that is very awesome of you to donate a kidney! You are a blessing. I hope you have no troubles with the singular, I haven't had many just mostly watching my diet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"