February 2015 Moms
Options

Stop warning me!

This article rang so true with me... I've had a very difficult pregnancy and been on bedrest for the last 11.5 weeks... There is nothing I look forward to more than having my boy here...

I'm not scared of sleepless nights or no alone time.... I'm just ready for the pleasure that comes with being a mommy! I wish the "fearful, dreadful warnings" from "well meaning women" would stop.

Are any of you fed up?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6471948?utm_source=today.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_facebook

Re: Stop warning me!

• Options
    Right there with you! I find it patronizing, even if people mean well. I know that it will be way harder than I think and that I will have sleepless nights, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww I love this..so true
  • Options
    Fair warning: all the "just wait"s from other people never stop. Your child will have wonderful, delightful, awe inspiring phases, and then there will be phases that make you want to pull your hair our and drink all the wine ever made.

But you know what? Through it all, you will love that little bug more than you ever thought possible--and it only grows every day. Smile and nod, and then do your own thing. :)

"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I can't believe that people actually make negative comments about it? I personally have never heard anything more than "it will be rough at first but it is so worth it" and that never offended me because it's true. Being a new mom takes some getting use to and you will be exhausted at times.... Of course, but in the end it is the best exhausted feeling you have ever had! And of course the "soak it all up they grow up fast" comment.... And that is true also
  • Options
    @starrynight1658‌ all the wine ever made...yummmmm!

Now I want some :x
  • Options
    Luckily with baby #2, nobody warns me about anything if they know I already one child. Other pregnant women will ask me how things went with my first and I tell them straight up that the newborn period really sucked for me and that I had a very hard time with it. But I also say that some people love it. Everyone is different. 

I don't like sugarcoating the work of taking care of a baby, but I only offer my opinion if someone asks it of me. 
  • Options
    Oh that's a sweet article. Thanks for sharing! I realized I had been stressing and bracing myself for all the negative things and not really looking forward to the good stuff. Luckily I started remedying that a while back, even encouraging my husband to anticipate good things too. So true!!! People can be so negative. It's like their gift to you- the burden of how miserable life is! Maybe it can be, but any chapter can be miserable. Our responses to it can help! Here's to lots of snuggles and wine and reveling in early morning feeds when all is still and quiet.
  • Options
    Yea, I have received countless rude discouraging comments.  I try to ignore them b/c I believe its all about perspective.  My husband and I receieved the same type of comments when we got married about how hard it would be, blah blah blah.  Well it really hasn't been that hard for us its been awesome.  I believe raising our little sweetie will also be awesome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"