Late Term and Child Loss
Options

NILMDTS on the Today Show

heres the link to the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep segment that aired on the Today Show. I love to see babyloss in the media... I want it normalized and I want newly bereaved parents to understand that this happens to more people than they realize. They don't need to feel so alone. What do you think? Does the media attention help or hinder the babyloss community?

https://www.today.com/video/today/56822214
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: NILMDTS on the Today Show

• Options
    I loved it! The family they featured was so much like mine that I definitely cried through the segment, but I was so happy to see awareness brought to baby loss, trisomy, and NILMDTS. If one more family knows to ask for NILMDTS, I think they accomplished so much with the segment.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                        motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    **ticker warning**

Thanks for sharing this!  I didnt know they existed until after I had the twins, but luckily our hospital had an on site photographer that took pictures for us (we also would not have had the time to call NILMDTS, anyway).  But after hearing about them, I just want to tell everyone that they are here - what a wonderful thing to do for families!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's great. I also knew nothing about baby loss or NILMDTS until we had Nathaniel. The hospital actually called and set it up for us and the photographer was able to come out that day. They are some of my favorite pictures we have of him. I wish that everyone knew that they existed.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    They are such a great organization. I wish we had known about them - our hospital thankfully took some photos but I wish we had more. MH is a photographer (more hobby than professional) but I've thought about us contacting them at some point to take part, sometime down the road, as someone who has been there, to be available for our local hospitals. .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    stefuge said:
    They are such a great organization. I wish we had known about them - our hospital thankfully took some photos but I wish we had more. MH is a photographer (more hobby than professional) but I've thought about us contacting them at some point to take part, sometime down the road, as someone who has been there, to be available for our local hospitals. . 

This....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"