Trouble TTC

Was hoping for a more of a successful visit-Monpur injections for IUI

I went back to the doctor today...no follicles growing.  This was after Chlomid 100. So we are starting Menopur injections tonight.  I go back Friday for more bloodwork.  The nurse told me the injections would sting.  Anybody experience that?  Any other side effects?  She is supposed to call me later tonight so I will ask how long I will be on the injections.

Also, the doctor suggested doing this for an IUI, but said if I wanted to take it slower that I could do injections with TI.  Although he mentioned that if we do that I still would have to do 6IUI's before going to IVF (because of my insurance) and that this round of injections wouldn't count if we did TI.  I guess we will just do the IUI then...... 

What is everyone else's experience?  I just feel like the 20% success rate in IUI sticks in my head..... it just seems so small.

Totally feeling lonely.  And having to do injections brings me back to a terrible time in my life.  I am totally fine with doing the injections- its just the memory.  After my pituitary surgery, went through radiation and then I had to give myself injections everyday for a few years when I was only 21.  I was a practically a baby-just a difficult time in my life, that's all.

Feeling sad......
2001 diagnosed with pit tumor-surgery, radiation
Conditions: Acromegly (controlled), colitis (controlled)
2/2014 met with RE and High Risk doc
5/2014 stop BC, TTC naturally
Never got period or ovulated
12/2014 provera (very little shedding), chlomid 50mg -No follicles growing/no ovulation
1/2015 chlomid 100mg -so far no follicles growing
1/20/15- nothing growing-staring Menopur injections for IUI

Re: Was hoping for a more of a successful visit-Monpur injections for IUI

• I would definitely do IUI over TI especially if your insurance requires 6 before IVF. I just started Menopur last night along with Gonal F for my IVF cycle. 2 suggestions can they prescribe you some Lidocaine cream to numb the injection site and possibly doing the injection intramuscular. My husband has had to do them for me. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"