April 2014 Moms
Options

Honeymoon

Where did you go on your honeymoon??

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    My hubby and I went to Hawaii. It was a 10 hour flight and at the time there was no direct flight out of philly. It was a total nightmare getting there and back. On the way we had a layover in Denver and 1 hour after we took off all of the lights went off in the cabin. We were told that one of the generators went and we would have to go back to Denver. We had to circle the city for over an hour to burn fuel and then had to wait 8 hours in Denver. It would have been fine if we could have gotten out and seen the city but they kept telling us it was only going to be another hour!! Then we had to stop in LA bc the pilot had been flying for too long. When all was said and done we were over 16 hours late getting to Honolulu. Other than that it was a great trip! Then of course we came home and had to emergency land due to bad weather. Needless to say I hate flying!!
  • Options
    I hate flying too and also hate beaches and heat. We drove to Santa Fe/Taos. We stayed in beautiful b&bs and a hacienda. It was so nice!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to Hawaii as well, stayed in Waikiki. It was amazing. We climbed Diamond Head, saw Pearl Harbor, Kualoa Ranch, took a Lost tour. We are totally going back one day sans kids!
  • Options
    @Teresa1896‌ that sounds wonderful! I love road trips! We did one the summer we got preggo. Boston, Maine, and NH. Best trip ever!!!
  • Options
    @Talltrees82‌ we did all the same things with the exception of the lost your!
  • Options
    We went to British Columbia. Spent a week in Vancouver and another week in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. That way we both got our fantasy vacation!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    We went to CA - Napa Valley and then San Fransisco.  It was wonderful and we can't wait to go back!!!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Talltrees82‌ we did all the same things with the exception of the lost your!
  • Options

@Teresa1896‌ that sounds wonderful! I love road trips! We did one the summer we got preggo. Boston, Maine, and NH. Best trip ever!!!

@Zachysmommy‌, I want to go to Maine!!! I was born around Boston but don't remember living there at all (we moved when I was 4). I tend to plan trips around food....lobstah!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    @mamrotu73‌ going on an Alaskan cruise is a dream of mine!
  • Options
    We didn't go on a honeymoon. But DH's brother got married last January in the Dominican Republic so we used that as a honey/baby moon. The only downside was being that I was six months pregnant, I couldn't drink or do some of the activities. It was beautiful though, and we had a blast!
  • Options

@mamrotu73‌ going on an Alaskan cruise is a dream of mine!

Me too!

• Options
    juniper75juniper75 member
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    juniper75 said:

We went to Turks and Caicos - it was fantastic and we will go back again sometime.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but where is that?

• Options
    @Teresa1896‌ Maine was beautiful. We went to Bar Harbor. It was beautiful! Ate lobster for every meal. We went to the national park, kayaked and tooled around the cutesy town. We also stayed in a weird b&b where everyone chatted during breakfast! It was great!
  • Options
    juniper75juniper75 member
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    @SarahL2P‌ loved Vegas! My fav island for all inclusive is def Aruba! But I have never been to Jamaica.
  • Options
    We went to Maui. .We had a great time even though I was on my period the whole time plus I got sunstroke and was throwing up all night one evening. 

Favorite honeymoon memory: We walked into our room and started looking around and we couldn't find the bed! Turns out it was a murphy bed, which I'd never seen before. It was a good thing I noticed the built in wall unit had handles before we called the front desk to ask! 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went to NYC for a couple of days and then flew to Italy for 2 weeks. We spent a few days in Rome, a few in Sienna, a couple in Florence, and a couple in Venice. It was my first trip out of the country not on a cruise ship.
  • Options
    We went to Chicago for a few days after our wedding. On our one year anniversary we took a 10 day trip to Scotland as our real honeymoon. It was amazing!
  • Options
    We back packed through Greece. It has been 6 years and I am still traumatized from this trip. I was to old for backpacking and hostels, even then. Nothing says romance like a shared dorm room or sleeping on the floor of a ferry.
  • Options
    macgrs said:

We went to the Grand Canyon, Zion, and Bryce Canyon National Parks. We hiked a ton and drank a buttload of margaritas. It was awesome!!

That sounds like my ideal trip!
  • Options
    We went to Vancouver and Pender Island, BC. Our honeymoon was in March and the island got so much snow that power was out nearly everywhere. I think we were the only people on that island under the age of 50... Still, it was perfect for us. Can't wait to go back for a visit!

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• Options
    We went to Disneyworld it was a blast!
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• Options

2 part honeymoon (nearly 16 years ago!):

Part 1 - local ski resort condo for 3 days (awesome! Snuggling by the fire and cooking meals in our condo)

Part 2 - Disneyland (During spring break... did not think this one through)

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    We are poor and spent all our money on the wedding itself so we did the wine country tours in Michigan and stayed at a small bed and breakfast close by. We then drove to his parents lake house about an hour away and spent a glorious fall week fishing and enjoying our time as newlyweds. I call it our hillybilly honeymoon but it was so much fun!

• Options
    Hillbilly honeymoon here too - were pretty much at the end of our ressources after the wedding and did a roadtrip to the maritimes - Our friends near Halifax invited us to stay with them for a couple days, and we did cheapo motels in PEI for another couple days. It was still fun and lovely, 'cause road tripping is what I'm used to for vacations, just wish we could have stayed in nicer hotels. One of these days...
  • Options
    @Roufi‌ Prince Edward Island is a dream of mine . I am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan.
  • Options
    Married in Vegas then went to Cancun! First time I needed a passport and it was all inclusive (even room service and tips) and amazing! Didn't know I was KU until the morning we got back-so then I started feeling guilty about the jetted spa, sea-food, eggs, and coffee! Perfect baby tho so it was all worth it... Can't wait til we can vacation again!
  • Options
    Maui for us. Dinner cruise, whales, snorkeling, island tour, helicopter ride! Awesome!!
  • Options
    We went on our honeymoon for our one year anniversary so we could save up extra as we traveled through Europe for 2 weeks- it was amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"