January 2015 Moms

"Getting down" pp

Just out of curiosity, after this LO or any previous pregnancies, are there any ladies who didn't wait for the all clear pp to get down with your SO?
Flame free (hopefully) maybe share? I kinda want to know if anyone had anything negative happen?

Re: "Getting down" pp

• I was cleared at my 6wk check up with DS1- but it hurt for months after that still. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Never ever had any interest in doing "it" until after 6 weeks. I was way too preoccupied!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Nope. Not me. Even though I was cleared St 6 weeks pp, I still wasn't in the mood, and it was weeks after that. Maybe even months after ds2.
    With ds3, we DTD 6 weeks pp. I took one for the team, not that I wanted to.

• Jellybean707Jellybean707 member
    edited January 2015
    The midwifery office I work with(overseen by an OB) doesn't "clear" you for sex after a normal delivery with no complications. After DS they said I was welcome to have sex as soon as I felt healed and it felt good/enjoyable for me. 

For me that was right around the 4 week mark. We went slow and it was really good. I plan to just follow my body's lead after this LO too.

ETA: They did say to wait until after I wasn't having any bleeding at all, not even spotting. We also used condoms for the first month or so.
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• We didn't wait. I listened to my body and it was around 4 weeks

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• No. After having DS, we waited until about 2-3 weeks (not 6 weeks).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I waited until around 4wks with DS2 and DS3.  Little Lady is 23 days old and we will be waiting MUCH longer than 4 wks this time around.  LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Dr cleared me this time at 3 weeks which I thought was weird.

With my first I was young and stupid and DTD a week and a half after baby and ended up with an infection.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • We waited 4 weeks. I felt comfortable enough to try, so we did and used a condom. I told my midwife at my 6 week PP appointment and she was completely fine with our decision as long as I was comfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor's office does 4 week check-ups. In the past he's cleared me then but I've always told my husband that the doctor asked me to wait until the 6 week mark. I have no desire and my husband is still taken care of in other ways.
  • I didn't wait. I was a bit before 5 weeks. But I was kinda in the mood after going 4 months w/o since I was in hospital.  And I felt ready, and felt I was totally healed.  Had no issues!
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • I went around 5 weeks because the bleeding stopped it sucked for a good while though! Lube was my friend!
  • Breastfeeding mamas, know that you will be more dry while you nurse so lube is a great thing to have on hand!
  • I get so embarrassed to buy lube. Coconut oil it is!

I second that! I ended up going to one of those girly parties and bought it from there! Maybe I should invest In coconut oil!
  • Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! I am 4 weeks pp and have been done bleeding for about 4 days, so DH and I decided to give it a go last night.
    It actually wasn't bad! Just went really slow, and lube omg, lube!!!
    It was worth it after nothing for 2 almost 3 months -_-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"