Formula Feeding
Options

Formula Build Up on Tongue

Hey ladies, my LO is 3 weeks, she's been EFF and I noticed her tongue sometimes has formula build up. Does anyone else have that issue?

Re: Formula Build Up on Tongue

• Options
    That's pretty common. You can use a soft cloth or baby toothbrush to brush their gums and sort of swipe their tongue. Btw, the earlier you start the tooth-brushing, the easier time you will have. Do it before they have teeth and they accept it so much more easily.
  • Options
    My LO had that happen a few times. We just used wash cloth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is also 3 wks old and I've noticed this, but didn't think it was anything I should be concerned about. Is this something I should be removing from the build up on her tongue?
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought that's what my DD had when she was an infant, but it ended up being thrush, which I learned is very common. Not saying that's what your child has, but I didn't even know it existed when mine had it so just a heads up.
  • Options
    I am thinking it may be thrush too. My girls each had it at some point. Thinking my 7wk may have it too now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    My daughter would get that all the time. Dr told me it was common and was nothing to worry about