October 2014 Moms
Options

Real Estate Taxes

Kelsbells6Kelsbells6 member
edited January 2015 in October 2014 Moms
We're all scattered across the country - what are your yearly real estate taxes???

Re: Real Estate Taxes

• Options
    That makes me feel better @SaraML13‌. Where are you located???
  • Options
    Mine are cheap, $2100 a year. That's why a lot of folks retire to my area from DC, NY & NJ. We also have no sales tax.
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kelsbells6Kelsbells6 member
    edited January 2015
    @SaraML13‌ I pay $18k and I'm in Long Island. We do have great schools but I cannot get the town to fix the curb they took out last year plowing! It really sucks. We don't have a huge house or piece of property but it's all about location!!

BTW / I love Chicago and Frank Lloyd wright houses!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We rent, but our neighbors pay $26k. We have friends who pay > $40k. One couple we think pays Close to $100k after comments made while drunk.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    My uncle pays $40k and my parents pay $24k. I guess I'm lucky.
  • Options

We rent, but our neighbors pay $26k. We have friends who pay > $40k. One couple we think pays Close to $100k after comments made while drunk.

:-O
    Wow.

image         image

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I know how much lower mine are than most areas because I spent several years originating mortgage loans all across the country. Luckily, we only pay about $2500 for our home in Jacksonville, FL.
  • Options
    I legitimately have no idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Options
    We pay about $3k. We live in the CA Bay Area.
  • Options
    We just moved so I think it'll be around 3K. In Virginia it was double that.
    January Snow Fail

• Options
    We pay just a hair under $5k - 2 minutes ago I thought that was alot. Its still high for Eastern WI and for the house we have

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Around 8k and we are NW of Chicago...not a suburb though.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    I have two houses. I paid a little over 5k for the one I live in and 1700 for the one I rent out.
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Right around $1k.
  • Options
    $1,100 I think. It may have gone down a bit this year.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    6k suburbs

And my house isn't an expensive home in town

• Options
    In the teens which is average around here
  • Options
    We pay $3,500 in Central Illinois
  • Options
    We will pay $1200. We live just outside of Atlanta.
  • Options
    $33k. I live in Alaska.
  • Options
    apk4 said:

$33k. I live in Alaska.

;;)

image         image

• Options
    SPurp13 said:
    I have no idea, but it's definitely under a grand. If I told you my mortgage for a pretty nice house with 4 bedrooms, and two baths, you would shit yourselves.

#WVAintSoBad
    Update: I asked my husband. I win. He says he thinks it's around $600.
  • Options
    We rent but I work in a real estate office so I know that taxes around us are all over the place. I'm in Pittsburgh and I've seen taxes under $1000 and over $5000 and beyond for similarly sized homes. It's just a matter of school districts, proximity to the city and house/lot size for the neighborhood. When we do buy a home I'd like to stay under $2500.

• Options

Like the daycare expense thread, this thread teachs me that I cannot complain. Ours are 3500 which I do think is high for where I live but wow. I can't believe how much others pay.

• Options
    Holy hell! Ours is 1800 which is high considering we live in BFE...
  • Options
    $33k. I live in Alaska.
    ;;)
    How's that working out for you, @apk4?
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options

Yeah...we live in BFE too. Real estate value is through the roof in the cities here. So we live in a podunk town with a population of like 2500 if we're lucky. I think ours is about 2k. I can't believe some people pay 30k!!

image         image

• Options
    Yeah...we live in BFE too. Real estate value is through the roof in the cities here. So we live in a podunk town with a population of like 2500 if we're lucky. I think ours is about 2k. I can't believe some people pay 30k!!
    I KNOW. I told the girl sitting next to me and she was like WHAAAAT. Ours is $600 and hers is $700. So. Yeah. And I swear we don't live in the ghetto, and our houses are nice.
  • Options
    $33k. I live in Alaska.
    ;;)
    How's that working out for you, @apk4?
    Freaking expensive for freezing my tits off all the time.
  • Options
    @apk4

Do you have to walk a half mile to shit in an out-house too?

image         image

• Options
    We pay $3k, which seemed like a lot to me until I read this thread. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    My town is $30 per $1000 which is the 3rd highest in my state and it essentially gets us nothing. We didn't do our homework before buying in this town. Apparently we have a really amazing high school that all our $$ goes to.
  • Options
    Well this thread makes me feel better about the close to $8k we pay. However this reply comes to your from the tax tax tax state of CT. If they could, they'd tax the air we breathe. I added up the car tax we paid last year....over $2k! Just for our cars.
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    edited January 2015
    SPurp13 said:
    I KNOW. I told the girl sitting next to me and she was like WHAAAAT. Ours is $600 and hers is $700. So. Yeah. And I swear we don't live in the ghetto, and our houses are nice.

We are very ghetto adjacent.  With the homestead exemption credit it was under $200.  I just looked it up because I honestly had no clue.  No wonder our school system is shitty and utterly useless.

We are hoping to move this year and it will go up to around $2,000.

ETA:  We also pay sales tax and state income tax so that is part of the reason it is so low.  We are taxed every which way they are able to tax us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"