May 2015 Moms

Tired of what our BMB has become?

Let's face it: the current status of our BMB is in shambles. Can we please ban together to try to get things back on track?

What do you want to see moving forward?

Re: Tired of what our BMB has become?

• Loading the player...
  • Completely agree with above PP.
    Thanks all

I just wish people would read the READ ME FIRST thread (is it still there?) and lurk for a while to get a feel for the place.

@ramy3 @irishtheatrechic‌ is it possible to repost these threads at this time? Thank you both for sticking around, btw.
  • GFJ48 said:

These people are assholes. They are never going to read the announcment posts or figure out how things work.

They're here to talk about themselves & use us as Google.

This!
  • @petrichor10‌ said everything flawlessly.

I've been on the bump for a year and a half now, since we first started TTC. and I've never seen it like this. I agree with all PP's, im not sure it'll ever go back to the bump that we all loved.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish there was a way to fix it but I am doubtful.
    I have been trying to ride it out over here and be supportive where it is needed but it is at the point where I am just finding it depressing.
    I will even type out responses to the new posters telling them (within the TOU) to fuck off, but I just end up erasing it and moving on.
    I'll just cry in a corner for now. Or fully switch over to the dark side...

Pregnancy Ticker

IT'S A BOY!
    C.G.M.
    Due 5/25/2015
    Likely to arrive via induction or c-sec 1-2 weeks early

• shmeell25 said:

obimom said:

I wish there was a way to fix it but I am doubtful.
    I have been trying to ride it out over here and be supportive where it is needed but it is at the point where I am just finding it depressing.
    I will even type out responses to the new posters telling them (within the TOU) to fuck off, but I just end up erasing it and moving on.

Come on! You know you want to ;)

@shmeell25‌ can you PM me the link? I thought I book marked it but can't find it.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pbnuggetpbnugget member
    edited January 2015
    I want to see people who want to be part of this board stop using generic avatars. It is impossible to recognise all the posters with the same fucking generic pic. Get a pic so you are recognisable. Same goes for anyone with Knottie numbers as their screen name, change that shit.
    I felt bad that I was doing it wrong and changed. Sorry about that. Hope we can still be friends :) 

**Shit, it didn't change. Will try again!! 
    -Di 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have always been more of a lurker because of my work schedule. By the time I got to a thread, the question had usually been answered and I didn't want to be repetitive. But, I would respond when I thought I could be helpful. I too find myself rolling my eyes at most of the posts now. TB is not the same at all. This place used to be helpful and entertaining. I LOVED you ladies! I've always been an app user and have looked into other apps but do not care for the others. Guess it's back to my old school checklist and Google reviews. You girls were so much better!!
  • What about doing a reintroduction thread? I saw it on another board on TB. Just an idea.
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • shmeell25 said:

obimom said:

I wish there was a way to fix it but I am doubtful.

Come on! You know you want to ;)

Ouu, That winky face totally did it for me. Imma do it!

Pregnancy Ticker

IT'S A BOY!
    C.G.M.
    Due 5/25/2015
    Likely to arrive via induction or c-sec 1-2 weeks early

• Not to be a Debbie Downer, but at this point, I am pretty sure it will never get "back on track". 
    This place used to be full of awesome, but now thanks to many factors, it is now full of WTF.
    We can all have high hopes, but honestly, I don't see anything getting "fixed".

This board is now very foreign...I don't recognize at least 30 people on here.
    Where did you all comes from?!?!

• As of now I'm looking at TB way more than posting. Reason being I don't know any of these posters and honestly, I'm going to be pretty wary of them the next few weeks. I also wonder why they were "afraid" or "felt uncomfortable" to post anything. It really does feel forced to welcome a new member that is for the first time not afraid to post..... Bc then, no offense and not everyone is like this, a really stupid question is about to be asked.
  • I don't have much to offer on how to fix what's been screwed up BUT as someone whose first post was WKing, "you guys are mean" crap, I'm sorry. I did lurk before posting but didn't see any of the snark prior to that post. I was very involved on a forum in 2006...and either etiquette has changed and or is different for each forum. That said, I had no f ing idea what a troll was, what a white knight was, still not entirely sure what post it is (metaphorical or a feature on the non app site?). I read the NEW TO MAY/BUMP threads and didn't see the stuff that I needed to know before posting (about WKing, not barging into a room and talking -should be common sense but, evidently, it wasn't in my head!). I hope this board becomes what you ladies want it to return to. (I think I intro'd a couple of times but because I'm "just" an app user, I have no idea what I've posted).
  • I dont post a whole lot but occasionally chime in. I do miss hearing about all of the regular users lives. I miss the daily posts on wfl or wfd. Where was TMI tuesday? Those are my favorite.
    I feel like I have no real right to start it because I am not a regular enough member but I really really wish it was still going.
    I understand the reasons the regs left. This same sort of thing happened on the chit chat board on theknot.coms community a year or so ago. Two of their best users were banned because a newbie was pissed off about something dumb that was said. I left them shortly after my wedding but it started to suck before then.
    Please come back guys!!!!!!! We need you to make this place great again.
  • I want to see people who want to be part of this board stop using generic avatars. It is impossible to recognise all the posters with the same fucking generic pic. Get a pic so you are recognisable. Same goes for anyone with Knottie numbers as their screen name, change that shit.

I'm sorry!!! :/ I came to the community through the app and lurk/participate primarily through that. I did figure out how to make a ticker and a siggy but by the time I realized most people had real pics in their avatars my POS computer tanked out...and I don't know how to change it on my phone. I will find a way!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NanSee3NanSee3 member
    edited January 2015
  • My nipples are itchy dammit!
  • Not to be a Debbie Downer, but at this point, I am pretty sure it will never get "back on track". 
    This place used to be full of awesome, but now thanks to many factors, it is now full of WTF.
    We can all have high hopes, but honestly, I don't see anything getting "fixed".

This board is now very foreign...I don't recognize at least 30 people on here.
    Where did you all comes from?!?!

THISSSS!!!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm jumping ship. All the quality, funny, meaningful posting has stopped and there's ppl popping out of the wood works introducing themselves and repeating threads we covered back in aug/sept. I just can't! It's annoying and it's also really weird to see ppl pop up in a community six months into a nine month preg process...strange!
  • Rosie3rd said:

I'm a new poster and the reason I came so late to this forum is I had family support and friends around. I am now isolated and came here looking for people with whom I could share similar experiences with. I'm not interested in any of the drama surrounding the banning etc, only because I only just joined and am not really a part of that situation. I'm sorry you ladies lost your friends and moderators, that's a really sucky situation. There are still people on here who want to participate and not cause any trouble.

Ditto.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"