Stay at Home Moms
Options

A cleaning schedule...

NewMrsMacCNewMrsMacC member
edited January 2015 in Stay at Home Moms
Do you have one?
How is it working for you?

Here is mine.

Monday and Tuesday are laundry for me. I lost one of the two days last week ( running errands for sick family member). So, now these clothes are piled up like, ridiculous. Great.

Wednesday is all floors- mopping and detail vacuuming. I'm a FTM with a newly crawling 8m old.. Jesus Christ! How do they get into all the shit they get into??!!!? Detailing a floor is a new and obsessive ritual to which I have recently committed myself... (after finding various small and terrifying debris in my infant daughters little hands.)

Thursday is dusting and windexing

Friday is bathrooms

Weekends are just the normal eveydays, cleaning and sweeping kitchen, vacume in living room rug, picking up toys and nursery etc.

Share your schedule!

Re: A cleaning schedule...

• Options
    Mine works well when I actually stick to it.

Everyday I make the bed, scoop the litter box, vacuum, dishes, and general picking up.

Mondays, my laundry (hubs does his own), clean the bathroom, pay bills

Tuesdays, dust, clean the kitchen

Wednesdays, E's laundry, go to target

Thursdays, mop the floors

Fridays, wash towels and sheets, grocery shop
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Everyday I make the beds, empty the dishwasher and load it, vacuum the main floor, do a load of laundry or two and swiffer
    Then Mondays I clean all the bathrooms.
    Tuesday I vacuum upstairs and the basement.
    Wednesdays deep clean the fridge before grocery shopping and organize the pantry.
    Thursdays I clean bathrooms again, washing all the bath mats, etc.
    Fridays I wash all the sheets and dust.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guennie said:

What is this cleaning you speak of??

Seriously, I keep up with trying to keep things picked up and put away and I try to clean up after myself as I go but I don't get any major cleaning done on a regular basis. I don't like it that way but I just don't have the energy. The only laundry on a schedule is diapers since I cd.

Being almost 42 with a high energy 1yr old, I just don't have the stamina I had in my 20s or 30s. My house isn't going to win any awards for cleanliness anytime soon. But at least I know my daughter is getting me 100 percent. And I'm ok with that.

I am sure my schedule will go to hell once my LO becomes mobile.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I just got an app where I can check off what chores I do. I am going to try it out and see if It will help me stay clean and organized.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, cleaning is much easier when your kid is in school like mine lol! When she was younger I just got through the day lol! Dishes and laundry were all I did with DH and I tag teaming the bathrooms maybe three times a month or so. Don't stress when you have younger kids.
  • Options

Everyday I do laundry and dishes. Laundry seems to be easier for me with one load or two a day. At night I set up the washer on a timer to start the next morning. Switch to the dryer and then let it sit till the night. Once LO is in bed I fold and put away and set up the next load.

I set up my weeks by rooms.
    Monday: Master bedroom and bath
    Tuesday: Nursery and office
    Wednesday: Living room
    Thursday: Kitchen
    Friday: Main bathroom

I don't have a large house so this works for me right now. I'm new to SAH and DS is only three months so we will see if I can keep it up or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can I join you guys here? Do you do intros??

Anyway, I got a roomba once lo became mobile. It was the only way I could somewhat manage the floors between lo and 2 cats and a dog.

I wish I could stick to a schedule! If I run the roomba, keep the dishes up, and get a load of laundry done I consider it a win.

Expecting #2 in 2 weeks so I've talked dh into cat duty HA

I'm also thankful my dh has a big aversion to toys everywhere so he keeps those tidy at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea of setting up the schedule by rooms. I've never tried that, but am thinking I might like to try it...

• Options
    girlymama79girlymama79 member
    edited January 2015
    I do everything on Friday. The rest of the time is just normal dishes and picking up.

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • Options
    Cleaning schedule?
    Nope.
    Floors on the main level get swept 3 times a day (after each meal the kids have).
    Dirty dishes go into the dishwasher when they are dirty.
    Toilets, tubs and sinks get scrubbed when they've started staining.
    Carpets get vacuumed when the hair over-runs them. Lol.
    Dusting happens when we move something on a shelf to notice.
    Laundry happens during 'cheap rate' times (after 7pm weekdays or anytime on the weekend) unless it's an emergency (pee the bed, puke, blood stains).

Toys get picked up when it's super dangerous or we have company coming.

If anyone wants to come clean my house on a schedule, let me know so I can give you my address. =))
  • Options
    This is helpful to see. I'm in the middle of moving etc so things are crazy. I am also newly sah. Hopeful to find a rhythm when we land. Lol.
  • Options
    @tee18 you aren't obligated to do an intro, just jump into posts that interest you. Welcome! :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    No schedule , maybe I need one? Lol have almost 3 year old and newborn. There isn't much cleaning going on! Picking up when I can and trying not to live in pj's everyday...haha
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Yeah, no set schedule.

I do laundry 2-3 times a week, but have been doing it more now that I'm potty training.

I clean as needed, or as I have time for. I have an almost 3 year old and a 6 month old.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I'm following for inspiration lol. I currently have no schedule and work piles up FAST.
  • Options
    A schedule? nope.

If it needs picking up, it gets picked up when we get a chance. The vacuum gets run once a week or as needed for big messes, no obsessive detailing even with a crawler. Laundry gets done when it piles up enough, or someone runs out of something, whichever comes first. Normally 4 loads a week plus diapers, and occasionally bedding and carriers. Laundry gets put away 1-2 times a week, if I'm lucky.

"deep cleaning" is done when people come over, 1-2 times a month. This includes getting all the pacifiers and toys out from their hiding spots, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning off our "drop off zones" which is a living room chair and a table in another room, and closing the bedroom door because I don't have time for that crap.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I wish I could stick to a schedule! I am ftm to 2 month old. I am pretty good about keeping the kitchen clean and laundry done, other than that I have a hard time peeing without lo attached to the boob! Hopefully soon he will take longer than 30 min naps during the day! Ladies who actually keep the house clean, pat yourself on the back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"