May 2015 Moms
Options

I swear I googled!!

Morning Ladies, I am looking a for a bit of insight from all you vets (that are still around RIP those who are not). I have about a dime sized lump in my underarm. I have googled this condition and I found everything from breast cancer (yikes), to swollen lymph nodes. The interesting thing I found out is that lumps in armpits can be common in pregnancy (weird right?) Has anyone else heard of this and/or experienced it? Obviously I am going to talk to my doctor about it Friday but I was just wondered what you guys thought... you know just for fun! ;)

Me: 29

DH: 28

Love: 5/28/2008

Marriage: 5/18/2013

TTC#1: 6/2014

BFP: 8/23/2014  EDD: 5/7/2015

Re: I swear I googled!!

• Options
    My guess is lymph node. 
    Myself: 30 Hubs: 30  Married in 2010
    BFP: 9/17/2014 (and 9/18...and 9/19...)
    Estimated Due: 5/22/2015
    First one :)

• Options
    Yeah I've actually had a swollen lymph node under my left arm since I was pregnant the first time last year. Dr. Had no concern about.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ob. They checked it my first visit

imageimage

• Options
    My sister had this - it seemed to have something to do with milk production but her doc wasn't concerned.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've been to doc about this years ago after my DD and they were going to hve surgery to remove it. Then it went away a couple weeks into breast feeding. This pregnancy it's back and OB said it's normal and could actually be supplying a milk duct and that's why it swells during pregnancy. She said it's fairly common and she wasn't worried.
  • Options
    Yes I have them too, they are lymph nodes and are related to pregnancy. They will go away sometime after pregnancy but may stick around during breast feeding too. Just don't play with them or irritate them. Too often people want to squeeze them, won't help, but only make them more uncomfortable.
    Mother to Joelle (13), Jaxen (3) and Jayla (due 5/6)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    armywife0528armywife0528 member
    edited January 2015
    So my mom had this when she was pregnant with one of my brothers. I actually remember it and have since confirmed it with her. It was a random milk duct. She could actually get some milk from it. I know milk ducts are fully formed by the end of 2nd tri, so maybe that's what it is? Just one that wanted to do its own thing? Hers was just a lump under her arm. I don't think she would have known it was a duct if she hadn't tried to squeeze it.

ETA: typo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes and your doctor should check it out. Before having children I developed a pea sized lump in one, that after an ultrasound the doctor determined was harmless breast tissue.  It went away for many years and did not appear during pregnancy or breastfeeding with my oldest child.  During pregnancy with baby #2 it appeared in one armpit (again same side, pea sized) the doctor again determined it to breast tissue and it went away at some point until birth.  After birth it became golf balled sized for the first few weeks when I was full of milk and then went away until this pregnancy when it reappeared, first as a pea sized lump, then grew to quarter sized and it's mate appeared in the other arm pit.  Anything unusual should be checked by your doctor because no one can diagnose you over the internet, but it could very well be the same thing I have which is perfectly normal and harmless.  If I were in your shoes I would leave a message with the doctor on the non emergency line and either the doctor will have you come in now to be seen or will have you wait your next appointment, but either way the doctor should do a breast exam.
  • Options
    I haven't had them in this pregnancy, but I have had them before. My dr had said it was hormonal for me. (Lymph node)
    May '15 Bitter Snatch
  • Options
    Sometimes google can scare you. While I am not sure, I'm glad you are going to talk to your doctor about it. I hope it's harmless!
  • Options
    Hope it turns out to be nothing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"