October 2014 Moms
Options

I know we've talked about this already but bear with me!

Right now, Brooke sleeps at night in her rock and play in our room and naps...well in our arms mostly.  When we lay her flat she wakes up almost instantly.  She is swaddled for naps and night.

I want her in her crib soon and would like her to start napping without us holding her.  For those of you who have made the transition, how did you do it?  What worked, what didn't.  Help me!

(I'm going to search the board now, but in the interest of time...)
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: I know we've talked about this already but bear with me!

• Options
    Unicorn baby made the switch seamlessly. Apparently he had gotten so big he was actually uncomfortable in the rnp so he liked all the room he had in the crib. We swaddle him arms out.
  • Options
    When we transitioned, I started with just naps. Once she would go down pretty easy for those. I started at night.

It was honestly a lot of trial and error. For us, it was white noise, swaddle, rocking to sleep in our arms, then laying her down. Sometimes she wakes up, but if I give her the paci that is usually enough to get her back to sleep.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    starybstaryb member
    edited January 2015
    I started putting DD in her crib for some of her naps around Christmas but we just put her in the crib for the first time last night. I'm not gonna lie, it was rough. I put her down 3 times before she actually slept at all and then she was up 30 minutes later. It took me a few tries to get her down again but then I got two hours. The rest of the night she only gave me 30 minute stretches but she started going down on the first try so I feel we made some progress. Plus I got her down for an hour and a half nap this morning, so yay!

Oh, I did turn the heat up and I think that helped. She slept with a blanket at the bottom of the RnP so I figure the crib is a little more cold.

My best advice is to just try it and see what happens. There's some good advice from PPs that I'll be trying out tonight.

Good luck!

Eta: she was swaddled for that 2 hour stretch. She doesn't always tolerate being swaddled but when she does it works!

• Options
    We have been working on transitioning for a couple weeks now, no success yet.  He will nap in there unswaddled, I will put him in there when he is asleep or falling asleep and he will stay if he takes the paci.  Trying to get him in there at night is a bigger challenge, we do white noise, dark room, no noise, sometimes he stays for his first stretch of sleep, otherwise we cosleep.

Good luck, decreasing the noise and bright lights has really helped and paci when he takes it.

imageimage
  • Options
    Oh and I have an awesome sound machine that runs all night. I use a red light in his lamp so it is not bright. I rock him until he is almost asleep.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We make sure the room is between 70-72. Whenever it gets colder DS wakes up a lot more. We also have a humidifier going in his room at night to help with the dryness of winter & some white noise. Once we start the bedtime process there is very little talking or light to help settle down. Change diaper & put into pjs all with a only night light on.

When he's put down we leave him be & let him coo & babble to himself all he wants & only go in & pick him up if he is upset. If that's the case then we walk while I sing until he calms down & then start all over. We put him down sleepy but awake so he learns to put himself to sleep & it's been working great.

If you go in to check make sure LO doesn't see you if she is still awake. That always wakes our LO up.

I slept in the recliner in his room for the first week because I always wanted to check & make sure he was ok lol but it helped me. Little guy has been sleeping 10 hours a night for about a month now.

Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We made the move from rnp to pnp cold turkey. It was pretty terrible. And then I gave up and now I change him from pnp for the first long stretch then back to rnp. I'm pretty sure this isn't my finest idea. But I/he gets a bit more sleep than when we went cold turkey.

My goal was to have him in his crib at 3 months. I don't see It happening because I'm a weenie who can't leave him in his own room.

Good luck. Hopefully it will go smoothly. And sleep for all.
  • Options
    Im on the November page but was due end of October so sometimes I just lurk on here! My LO is in her crib and has mild case of reflux. Her doctor advised me to roll up a towel and put it underneath the mattress. That may help your daughter transition to crib from rnp because she'll still be on a bit of an incline.
  • Options
    Last night was night 2 in the crib for DD so I thought I'd give you an update. It went much better. She went down without crying every time and I got longer stretches than the night before. I did put a fuzzy blanket down for her to lay on, I used the same one we used in the RnP. Also, the leaving my hand on her chest for a minute thing seemed to calm her when she stirred after being put down.

• Options
    We have a towel under the mattress to elevate it due to reflux. Sometimes he sleeps for hours in his bed, other times he's waking every 15 minutes. However, we're still having issues with reflux.
    To keep him from waking we use a sound machine, swaddle, lay him down slowly, keep a hand on him, and use the paci if he wants it.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"