Breastfeeding
Options

Medela PISA vs Hygeia

I'm expecting my second child and am looking to get a new double electric pump. I work full time and pumped a lot for my first. My PISA treated me well for the time that I was using it. Now I'm able to get a new double electric pump covered at 100% through my insurance. Both PISA and Hygeia are on the list. I've heard that Hygeia is better. True? Does it live up to the hype?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Medela PISA vs Hygeia

• Options
    I have both. I think the mechanism for the hygeia is gentler and can turn up the pressure higher and have had zero problems with mine over the past year. So I can't comment on the customer service. But I like that I can use it with the Medela pump parts I already have and don't use the ones that came with it. I kept my medela at work and the hygeia at home and it was awesome not having to haul them around. But I didn't have the option of getting a Pisa from insurance (just the medela personal pump) so I opted for the hygeia.
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• Options
    Not a fan of Hygeia at all. Their customer service stinks. The writing on my collection bottles completely wore off after only 6 weeks and they wouldn't replace it. Basically just got a "sucks to be you" type of email back. Really, those bottle cost you like 10 cents each to produce. I find the pump its self to be big and bulky. Its difficult to tote around. Their flanges only come in a few sizes, I need the smallest size flange (they don't make it). No let down feature on the pump, which it does have controls but you would have to set down a flange to control while pumping. In short I just don't like it. Hygeia is a new company and I feel like they still have alot of kinks to work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"