April 2015 Moms
Options

BTDT moms - which trimester feels the longest?

My question is for all the moms who already have had children. I was wondering - In your opinions - which trimester feels longer: the first or the third?

Re: BTDT moms - which trimester feels the longest?

• Options
    For me, it's the third. Feels like it will never end!
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a tie for the first and third. First trimester I'm as sick as a dog, and third I'm fat and uncomfortable.
  • Options
    For me it was always the third.
    So anxious to have that baby!
  • Options
    kjuryflkjuryfl member
    edited January 2015
    3rd, hands down.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    3rd ugh
  • Options
    For me it's the first because of how incredibly sick I get.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    3rd. But my whole first pregnancy felt like it took forever. This one is going crazy fast.
  • Options
    The 2nd and however long you are overdue. 3rd tri flew by last time with appointments and childbirth classes.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    1st for me. I swear 1st trimester lasted a lifetime... The rest of the pregnancy has flown by. Although, I may change my answer when week 39 rolls around. The last couple weeks of pregnancy are the longest days of your life.
  • Options
    With my first, it was 3rd. But that's because I was 2 weeks over due. This time I think 1st felt the longest. We will see though.
  • Options
    For me it was the first tri. I was so nauseous and so emotional. The 2nd and 3rd seemed to fly by because I felt I had so much to do to prepare do baby.
  • Options
    First because I was worried about a loss, couldn't be reassured feeling her move and I was sick a lot.
  • Options
    I vote for the first. The vomiting, weakness, and fatigue is the worse. Also I don't usually go the whole third trimester with my other children, so it seem to end so abruptly.

• Options
    The last 4-6 weeks seem the longest.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Options
    3rd for sure.  I went 8 days overdue with DS though - which won't happen this time (RCS).  So hopefully that will help...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• Options
    Right now I feel like time is flying. I feel like the second trimester was the longest.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM so I don't actually know, but this makes me laugh every time I see it. If fact that all my mom friends agree is any indication, I guess the third feels the longest for most people....
  • Options
    Ugh 3rd with my first. Once I got there somehow I was convinced it would fly by, yet it felt like an actual year. This time they are all flying by. Getting nervous that as soon as it's the 3rd tri for me were gonna slow down.
  • Options
    I think each one seems like the longest while you're in the thick of it.  Then when it has passed you look back and think damn that went fast.  But, I've never made it to the full 40 weeks or past, so maybe 3rd if you're overdue. 
  • Options
    1st for me
  • Options
    While I'm in the 1st I feel like it drags a lot of it is because you haven't shared the news yet so only you know why you are acting cranky and feel like crap all the time lol
    However the 3rd comes in VERY close you are just so ready to be done and are uncomfortable especially near the end. I'm only 30wks and already over it! :)
  • Options
    For me it's the first. Not a lot of people know, it's too early to really start planning/shopping. Apts are super far appart. The third tri flew by last time! I had 3 months left, then all of a sudden, my due date came! There are so many last minute things to do at the end, and so many apts, that it flew by!
    That said - the days that passed after my due date were the longest days of my life!!! lol And with a toddler to care for this time around, I imagine the third tri will pass in a blink of an eye.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    totally agree with @frownyface‌
  • Options
    They all seem like forever, lol. I am going to say first probably drags the longest because you are not showing generally, you have to wait to tell people, and your appointments are so far between. Whereas by 3rd trimester you are showing, you go into appointments more frequently(me every week), if someone throws you a shower it usually happens during this trimester, and time seems to fly by too quickly almost- except maybe the last few weeks seem to drag from anticipation. ;)
    Baby #1: EDD:  5/31/08   DD born sleeping due to severe preeclampsia at 22 weeks 1/26/08
    Baby #2: EDD:  4/28/09   DS#1
    Baby #3: EDD:  5/26/11   DS#2
    Baby #4  EDD:  4/1/2015 

• Options
    2nd definitely the longest, 3rd the shortest because you are prepping for baby.  Guess everyone's different.
  • Options
    The 2 trimester for me. Just seemed like the weeks dragged on and on and on. Third went fast with all the baby prep and appointments
  • Options
    1st and 3rd tie!
  • Options
    First! Living on my hands and knees at the porcelain throne seemed to last a lifetime.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • Options
    1st for me, feeling sick combined with worrying about it sticking. 3rd is long too- I went 2 weeks over with one and 10 days with the other. That doesn't help.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    I didn't have a full 3rd but 2nd Tri felt the longest for me.
  • Options
    First for sure
  • Options
    By all means, the 1st is the longest. You're sick. You can't vent with many people about it. Your first appointment to see your baby takes forever (9 weeks in my clinic) and first tri fatigue sucks big ones compared to 3rd tri fatigue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Being pregnant with baby number four, I'm going to have to agree that the longest trimester is the one you're in. You're always waiting for the next change to happen (trimester 1- when is this morning sickness going to stop or how long until my bump starts to show or until I'm not so tired! Trimester 2- when can we set up the nursery, when will my maternity clothes fit right or when will I/my partner feel the baby move? Trimester 3- how much longer I'm so uncomfortable, when will I be able to see my feet or tie my own shoes again, when can I lay on my tummy again or how much longer until I get to see this little one?)so each trimester seems to take forever! Then again, maybe I'm a little impatient too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"