August 2014 Moms
Options

Rolling over

My little guy is a week away from being five months. He's rolled from his tummy to back a few times but nothing consistent. He gets tummy time and rolls from his back to side. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? He's not a super chinky baby-14 lbs and long. Thanks!

Re: Rolling over

• Options
    LO is 5 months and has only rolled twice. The pedi said she thinks they don't necessarily roll as early since we don't put them to sleep on their bellies anymore.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    LO can do tummy to back, but not often, she'd rather hang out on her tummy lol. She's getting to the point where she can "fling" herself from her back to her side when she's in her crib (it's sort of funny to watch on the baby monitor), but hasn't had the control to go all the way from back to belly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is going to be 6 months next in a few days and in the last two weeks he has become a rolling machine. He had no interest in it a month ago and now he rolls back to belly to back all the time
  • Options
    Thanks!!! This is my second, but my first was a while ago and premature so not a great comparison.
  • Options
    He rolled once, but I think it was a fluke.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lynds002 said:
    He rolled once, but I think it was a fluke.

lol. this is where we are, too. DS loves when we help him roll over, but won't do it himself.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    At LO's 4 month shot apt. (he was actually 5 mo) the Ped said I should start paying attention while he plays and look for the 6 mo milestones -repeating sounds you say- passing toys from one hand to another- and sitting unassisted...he is doing all of those.  Then she asked about rolling over 4/5mo milestone = nope (he's done back to belly a couple of times).  She said he may just skip that altogether; which is fine as long as they are on target with the other milestones. 
  • Options
    Rolling over is a curse!!! It's a nightmare, especially when they only know how to roll onto their belly and not back :(
  • Options
    DD started rolling back to tummy 4 days before she was 5 months. I agree though that it's not the best milestone as her crib gymnastics were pretty disruptive for a while getting wedged the way and that.

• Options
    He has no interest, even with tons of floor time. He did it once, but I think it was also a fluke. The pediatrician wasn't worried in the least so I guess he can continue to be lazy.
  • Options
    Ours is finally (5 months today) and he finally figured out how to put his arms out front rather than at his side to roll over :) But I think he is motivated as a means to get out of tummy time!
  • Options
    DD is 5 months, 2 weeks old and just started consitently rolling from back to stomach. (She has been able to stomach to back for about at least a month, but couldnt get the other direction.)  Since then she has become a rolling machine.  This morning when I went in to her room, she was even on her tummy in the crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been reading about how rolling is a 6 month milestone (used to be 4 months) here in this era of Back to Sleep...

image    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"