November 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding moms....morning beverage

Just curious to see how many breastfeeding mom's out there enjoy a morning cup (or two?) of coffee. I wasn't the biggest coffee drinker BP but have come to look forward to my 1 cup of coffee, usually with milk or almond milk, in the morning, especially after a long night with LO. I go back to work in 2 weeks and I don't think I'll make it without atleast 1 cup of warm, delicious coffee! Yum.

Re: Breastfeeding moms....morning beverage

• I can't function without coffee. When I was pregnant I limited myself to one 8oz cup a day. Now I have anywhere from 1-3 cups.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have a coffee machine at home, so I generally don't drink it first thing, but I like to hit up the drive-thru Dunkin Donuts while I'm out and about with the kids. When I worked, I always drink one or two cups every day, even while I was breastfeeding/pumping.
  • Loading the player...
  • I stayed away from caffeine throughout my pregnancy, so coffee is now my daily treat in the morning. DH doesn't drink it, but he makes sure to make me a cup before he leaves for work. It doesn't seem to have any effect on Connor, and it makes me much more interactive and amicable.
  • vv101010vv101010 member
    edited January 2015
    I drank a cup a day while I was pregnant, but have yet to drink any now that LO is here. I've been so nervous it would keep her up or make her more colicky than she is.

I miss it!!
  • I have two cups every morning! When I started back on it after Austin was born, I did one cup half caff, then one cup full caff. Now I am up to two cups. I eased back into it just like I weaned myself off of it.
  • I drink 2-3 cups in the morning and LO is EBF..it doesn't effect her. I can't live without my morning coffee!

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• I am not a coffee person. I hate the stuff! I'm more of a tea drinker, but more during the evening time. In the morning I stick with water, water, and more water.
  • edited January 2015
    I never drank coffee, but you ladies who are saying it doesn't affect your LO makes me hope that maybe me drinking caffeine won't affect DS. I'm scared to try it though, he's a pretty good sleeper and I hate to take risks! :)
    And good luck @lissydee at going to work tomorrow!!
  • I obviously love coffee. I limited myself to one cup a day while I was pregnant, but now I have 2-3 cups a day. I EBF and my baby is a great sleeper.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • I have a cup of coffee each morning and the caffeine doesn't seem to affect LO.  I also have a diet coke or cup of tea every now and then in the afternoon if I really need it!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• One cup a morning for years! Baby seems to handle it fine.
  • I drink 1 cup of coffee every morning. When I go back to work (night shift nurse) I'm sure I will drink way more to get through the night.
  • I'm sad :( I can't have any of this deliciousness in this thread... No dairy for LO. And black coffee is a no no lol.

Mostly lurker here (was on O14 but ended up having a November baby!) but have to pipe in because I love my coffee with cream and sugar, and my LO has a milk protein intolerance, too.

SO Delicious brand makes both a coconut- and almond-based creamer, both dairy-free. I really like the unflavored coconut one. It's not cream, but it does the trick.

I was really missing my one cup of morning coffee until I found my fake, not-terrible non-dairy cream.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I drank a cup a day while pregnant and I drink a cup or two a day now. I EBF.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I drank one cup of coffee a day while pregnant but stopped in the early days once at home with LO. Just didn't have time to make it and drink it while hot and delicious.

• I am EBF and I still have my cup of coffee every day, usually only one, but that's all I get a chance to make. My ob told me it was fine to drink while pregnant too (my one cup) so I did. It has never effected DS.

I couldn't live without it!
  • I drink decaf. I have been since I was pregnant with DD a few years ago. I figured I'd just not start with the caffeine again once I was used to it.

I have had a few full caf coffees (on separate occasions) and unfortunately LO was very difficult to get to sleep. I assume because I don't normally drink caffeine so he's not used to it either.

• Before i was pregnant i would have 3 or 4 cups a day. I haven't had any since bfp. I go back to work in a week. I think I've gotten used to no coffee. Sometimes I'll have hot water.

N14 mommy to be :)

My favorites: husband, chocolate.

• I drank the occasional cup during pregnancy, and now have 1-2 cups each morning! I am happy to say i broke the diet coke addiction when i was pg, though!
  • Coffee drinker here just one cup though and I use non diary creamer I need to try the almond milk it sounds delicious.

• gldnbearz said:
    I drank one cup of coffee a day while pregnant but stopped in the early days once at home with LO. Just didn't have time to make it and drink it while hot and delicious.
    @gldnbearz DH is always making comments about my half cups of coffee. Sometimes the only way I get it in me is to chug it in the kitchen as soon as its poured. Now I want coffee but it's almost bedtime.
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I drank 1 cup a day while pregnant and have continued that to this day. I don't know how I would survive these newborn months without caffeine. It's a gift from heaven.

I'm an iced coffee drinker so I have to wait at least 1/2 hour after I make it before I can drink it. It's a LONG 1/2 hour. I wish Starbucks delivered!

I love iced coffee too! The pioneer woman has a great iced coffee recipe. It's really smooth. I used to make a pitcher every week. Then all I had to do was add cream.
  • I look forward to my cup of coffee every morning! I try to stick with one since I'm breastfeeding but my baby doesn't like to sleep so many days I'm forced to have two!
  • I used to drink a cup or two in the office but stopped when we started trying to get pregnant. I do miss it sometimes. Specially my flavored favorite caramel macchiato. But now that I'm home with Mr. A there's not much time for it anyway.
  • I have a cup every morning (on the weekends I might wait til we run errands and get a diet coke instead). And now that I am back at work I've been taking an extra mug in case I can't make it through the afternoon. LO doesn't seem to be affected at all, but I had a cup a day throughout my pregnancy until the last few weeks when it just wasn't appealing.
  • Never been a coffee drinker but I'm a total Dr. Pepper addict. I've been trying to give it up just to be "healthier" and so far I've had withdraws and usually give in at least once a week. I seriously crave it like no other...well that's a lie...I crave chocolate just as much too. I didn't give up any of it for pregnancy. Between hormones and withdraws that would have been a bad idea!
  • I drink 1-2 cups in the morning, and then usually 1 cup at around 2-3pm. I couldn't function during the newborn stage without it. I did drink 1-2 cups a day throughout pregnancy though as well (sometimes I'd switch one of the cups to half caf).
  • I drink decaf. I have been since I was pregnant with DD a few years ago. I figured I'd just not start with the caffeine again once I was used to it.

Same here
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • vv101010 said:
    I drank a cup a day while I was pregnant, but have yet to drink any now that LO is here. I've been so nervous it would keep her up or make her more colicky than she is. I miss it!!
    Ditto. But I'm kind of obsessed with coffee since I used to be a barista.
    vv101010 said:
    I drank 1 cup a day while pregnant and have continued that to this day. I don't know how I would survive these newborn months without caffeine. It's a gift from heaven. I'm an iced coffee drinker so I have to wait at least 1/2 hour after I make it before I can drink it. It's a LONG 1/2 hour. I wish Starbucks delivered!
    I love iced coffee too! The pioneer woman has a great iced coffee recipe. It's really smooth. I used to make a pitcher every week. Then all I had to do was add cream.
    Have you guys tried cold brewing?? Just set it up at night, and you have super smooth cold coffee ready. You can freeze leftovers in cubes, too. 
    Ugh I want some now.

Same here
    I can only do decaf. For years I wondered why I fell asleep after coffee, my system is totally opposite! Caffeine makes me sleep! But I heard the process in making decaffeinated is bad?
    I'll need to look into that...

• kfo22 said:

vv101010 said:

I drank a cup a day while I was pregnant, but have yet to drink any now that LO is here. I've been so nervous it would keep her up or make her more colicky than she is.

I miss it!!

Ditto. But I'm kind of obsessed with coffee since I used to be a barista.

vv101010 said:

I drank 1 cup a day while pregnant and have continued that to this day. I don't know how I would survive these newborn months without caffeine. It's a gift from heaven.

I'm an iced coffee drinker so I have to wait at least 1/2 hour after I make it before I can drink it. It's a LONG 1/2 hour. I wish Starbucks delivered!

Have you guys tried cold brewing?? Just set it up at night, and you have super smooth cold coffee ready. You can freeze leftovers in cubes, too. 
    Ugh I want some now.

Freezing it in to cubes is such a good idea!! I want some too >_<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"