January 2015 Moms
Options

Breech at 39w+5

Has anyone had any experience with their baby turning breech this late in the game?  My baby had been head down in nearly perfect position since 27 weeks.  Yesterday I noticed hiccups that were very high.  I've been having contractions off and on for the past week that never really take off.  And, for the last 24 hours those have stopped.  I don't feel like the baby's head is squished up to my bladder anymore.  I'm 90% sure the head is lodged up in my rib cage.
To top things off, my bp started climbing a couple days ago.  I'm starting to worry that my only option will be a c-section.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I'm hoping someone has a positive story about their baby flipping back to position that they can share with me. TIA

Re: Breech at 39w+5

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I felt something similar the other day I felt his hiccups in my upper right part of my stomach and was disappointed because I thought he wasn't head down anymore but a few days later my ob checked me and she said she could feel his head and I was dilated a 1-2 and 40% effaced
  • Options
    It's pretty rare for a baby to turn this late in the game (there just isn't enough room), but anything is possible. My LO is head down, but I feel hiccups in different locations all the time. As PP mentioned, your OB should be checking position at every appointment.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is unlikely that baby would have turned and you didn't feel it this late in your pregnancy. My baby went from breech to head down at around 35ish weeks and it was very intense and uncomfortable. I actually had to stop what I was doing and get on my hands and knees while she turned. 
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• Options
    My 1st was breech and this one has been head down for forever.  I was worried she had flipped head up when I felt hiccups up high, but it was just her bottom shaking from them too.  It's incredibly unlikely for a baby to flip this late, and unheard of for a baby to flip to breech this late.  Typically, the only flipping that takes place this late is a baby realizing they're in the wrong position for birth.  
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"