April 2014 Moms

It's Monday...

I need some coffee or an IV of caffeine please! Good morning!
NTNP 11/2011 CP 11/29/12 BFP 8/6/13 EDD 4/16/14 ♥ 
Logan Timothy - Born 4/5/14 @ 38w3d, 7lbs14.8oz, 20½in.
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's Monday...

• Same here. The last few nights LO has reduced the number of wakeups but has compensated by starting the day early. I guess its a win???
  • Morning! Got a little extra sleep on this MLK day, but still need the coffee!!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Coffee for me too, please! I strained my neck Christmas Eve and I really haven't had a decent sleep since because of it. Waiting for the Advil to kick in this morning.

Hoping to get to Target today and check out if they're having any liquidation sales. Or at least stock up on Up and Up products!
  • @MissHSoonToBeMrsS‌ lovetit for the house cleaning, that sounds amazing!
  • Yeah I'm hoping they disinfectant the shit out of everything so we can stop cycling our germs! We keep a pretty clean house, but it will be nice to have clean ceiling fans that don't shower dust when we turn them on.

• I wish my commute was as nice every day as it was today... No slowdowns, easy driving - it's the biggest reason I don't mind working when so many others have the day off!

• DD wants to pull herself up bad. All she did yesterday was crawl over to everything, get up to her knees grunt a little then this a fit. All day long!
  • @MissHSoonToBeMrsS‌ lovetit for the house cleaning, that sounds amazing!
    SarahL2P said:

Coffee for me too, please! I strained my neck Christmas Eve and I really haven't had a decent sleep since because of it. Waiting for the Advil to kick in this morning.

Hoping to get to Target today and check out if they're having any liquidation sales. Or at least stock up on Up and Up products!

I'm heading there today also...do you think they would have started marking things down yet?
    I'm not sure, but I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and there's a Target close by the restaurant so I thought I'd pop in. I will let you know!
  • I really want to do our taxes on this long weekend, but we've only gotten one 1099, no w2s, and none of our bank info or condo rental info. I'm sure they'll all get here the first week of feb.... Grrrr.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Ds climbed the stairs at my inlaws four or five times yesterday and then proceeded to not sleep most of the night. Trying to not be too much of a bitch today.
  • allyandmike24allyandmike24 member
    edited January 2015
    Ugh I'm so annoyed. There is a long, long story to all of this, but the short version:

I swap childcare with Boss 1 (I teach part time at a small, private school). M-W she watches LO. Boss 2 got stuck in an ice storm and wouldn't make it back, so Boss 1 asked me to watch her kids today so she could work for Boss 2. Fine, great. She asks me to come by 7:45 so she could be at school by 8. I live 1 block away. 7:40, I'm putting my coat on and about to grab LO to stick her in the Ergo and she swan dives off the couch and lands on the floor. So naturally I'm trying to comfort her and assess her for injury. I'm at Boss 2's house by 7:50. 

She calls me flipping out at 7:54 saying she's in the car with all 3 of her kids driving to school...uhm okay? She's bitchy to me and hangs up. I text her, explaining what happened and asking her to call me back so we can figure out child care. It's been over 1.5 hours and radio silence...

First of all, yes I was late but she lives 5 min. from school and would have easily made it on time. Secondly, shit happens dude- I'm doing you a favor, give me a break. Thirdly, it's SUPER unprofessional to just hang up on someone and then not respond to them at all. I have no idea what's going on with her, but I'm beginning to think I may need to consider another care situation. 

Ugh awesome way to start my Monday am. 

/vent over

*eta because words
  • Acers said:

My MIL just offended me big time on FB. I posted a link (only on my sisters page) to a blog where they have a tutorial for making crib rail covers out of fleece fabric. This morning I woke up to my mother-in-law's comment on it that said "I think if this happens, the child is left in the crib too long".

Um excuse me? My child enjoys standing right now and so at the beginning and end of every nap she wakes up and stands at the side of the crib, and her mouth is level with the crib railing. It makes complete sense that she would chew on it.

She made it sound like I borderline neglect my child.

My nephew chewed all around the perimeter of his crib. He was not neglected, he was a teething baby who could pull to stand. That comment would offend me too... I'd delete it!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • SarahL2P said:

Coffee for me too, please! I strained my neck Christmas Eve and I really haven't had a decent sleep since because of it. Waiting for the Advil to kick in this morning.

I'm heading there today also...do you think they would have started marking things down yet?
    Our Target has had things marked down for a couple of weeks already. My sister is due in May and she scored a travel system at an awesome price!
  • @SarahL2P‌ I didn't end up going to Target, LO was on the verge of a "too long since my last nap" meltdown after lunch. My friend told me she went yesterday and it was super busy and the deals weren't that great. I might attempt it again later on in the week.
  • Those of you who do a sippy cup with meals...do you use water or milk? Right now, LO gets 2 6-oz bottles at daycare. I was thinking of switching to 3 5-oz bottles, but he's not having it. So now I'm wondering if we could offer BM in his sippy cup when he has breakfast...

• I don't know where to post either. I keep reading all of them but don't have time to answer any of them.
  • Those of you who do a sippy cup with meals...do you use water or milk? Right now, LO gets 2 6-oz bottles at daycare. I was thinking of switching to 3 5-oz bottles, but he's not having it. So now I'm wondering if we could offer BM in his sippy cup when he has breakfast...

I use water, he gets formula after his meals.
  • We have been doing water but this week we have started cows milk. She doesnt really drink the milk though, she mostly spits it out
  • Suddenly within the last week naps have been elongating for us. It's lovely. She also seems to be falling into set nap times as opposed to going by awake times. Is this happening to anyone else?
  • AprilMay9 said:
    Those of you who do a sippy cup with meals...do you use water or milk? Right now, LO gets 2 6-oz bottles at daycare. I was thinking of switching to 3 5-oz bottles, but he's not having it. So now I'm wondering if we could offer BM in his sippy cup when he has breakfast...
    We do water. It's supposedly supposed to help them keep from getting constipated when we switch to solids
    This. A gets 2 6-oz bottles at daycare as well, and we give him water with meals, but he still doesn't get much of anything out of the straw, it's much more fun to throw. With that happening, I'm not going to waste the BM in the sippy until I know he'll actually drink it!

• juniper75 said:

Suddenly within the last week naps have been elongating for us. It's lovely. She also seems to be falling into set nap times as opposed to going by awake times. Is this happening to anyone else?

This happened about a month ago for us. Went from 20-minute naps all over the place to two one-hour naps. It's glorious.
  • Well it has been a truly fabulous fucking day. Currently on the side of the highway out of gas because I forgot my purse going to work this morning and DH has a wonderful quirk where he tries to see how empty he can get our vehicles. Going to be late for daycare pickup and I am pretty sure I'm going to be killed by a semi trailer.
  • @Jessimax‌ oh no! Your DH owes you big time. But at least you don't have LO with you. :-(

Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Jessimax said:

Well it has been a truly fabulous fucking day. Currently on the side of the highway out of gas because I forgot my purse going to work this morning and DH has a wonderful quirk where he tries to see how empty he can get our vehicles. Going to be late for daycare pickup and I am pretty sure I'm going to be killed by a semi trailer.

Ugh! That's awful! Hopefully your day gets better.
  • Vinny424 said:
    The fb group is wicked confusing but so far
    @jessimax Ugh, that stinks!  

I'm too lazy to go anywhere else but the bump.  

Anyone else remember the cute thread A13 did for us when we had our babies/their babies were turning 1?  I've been thinking of some baby hacks I'd share.  #1:  When in doubt, pat it out.  It has saved my sanity many times.

Yes and I can't wait to do this for a15. I can't believe it's us that's are going to have 1 year olds.
    I was just thinking about this too.  I'm excited to share wisdom with a15.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• So my car battery died a few weeks ago, and we were lazy about getting the battery. So a week ago we went and purchased the battery for DH to install and it rained. today the battery was put in and my car is back! Sharing a car sucked and I missed my baby.
  • Took my nieces (and myself) horseback riding today. We had a blast , but I missed my boys. Rocking LO right now, and know that DS1 is going to want "mummy" when I'm done. He is tough to get to bed, and I have tons to do to get ready for work tomorrow. Why do great days always end with the punishment of prepping for work?
  • embear22 said:

@talltrees teach me your napping ways. My LO wakes up at 530 every morning and by 830 looks so tired so. Put her down for a nap, but I know she's ready to go to two but I don't know how to get her to sleep longer. I'm in sleep hell basically. 
    I think it happened after we sleep trained him and he got better at falling asleep on his own. I do the exact same routine at naptime as I do at bedtime: sleep sack, bottle in the nursery, bed. He's always ready for a nap two hours after waking in the morning.

And he's got the unicorn baby thing going on. I'm afraid to jinx it by having another!
  • It's hard to follow the conversation on FB. But I like seeing who people are.

• I found out Friday that work is hiring a director over me but I'm "not being replaced". Plus I was planning on telling my team today but HR posted the job while I was at DDs 9 month appointment Friday afternoon. Thanks for the appreciation for the last 5 years. Good luck finding someone before I GTF-Outta there a-holes.
  • embear22 said:

Soooo this is neat. Anyone seeing the giant red deletes onthe side lol wtf is going on,

I went and saw it. I was lurking the tri boards earlier and that user was posting links on every thread.
  • @deidremaria‌ I was thinking the same thing. You don't want to talk to us for months but then randomly pop up on FB? What the hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"