February 2013 Moms

Burden removed

I'm sure this makes me sound crazy, but it is a great relief to finally have my Feb baby answering questions.  I mean, I just say, here are the fruits we have, what do you want, and she decides.  I don't have to.  Want to play inside or walk to the park?  She decides.  I don't have to.  This makes things a lot easier!

Re: Burden removed

• Yeah, last night M woke up and said, "milk."  DH said, "you don't get milk at night, only water."  She then said, "water."  

But more than that, I just don't have to think as much.  Like, I don't really want to go to the park when it is 34, but it would probably be good for her to get out.  If I ask, and she declines, at least I feel like I am not limiting her opportunities.  I used to try to vary her fruit and consider how long it would take to prepare vs how impatient she was to eat...now I just ask her, and since she's getting what she wants, she can deal with waiting.
  • Yes, it's true! I'm still getting used to it though! Sometimes I forget he has that ability and start getting stressed trying to figure something out and then I remember...I can just ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, yes, yes! It takes a lot of guessing out of interactions. Now...I'm being a good listener and giving her what she wants, why isn't she doing what I ask? Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"