August 2014 Moms

What equipment are you done with?

Just curious what everyone is not using anymore?

Re: What equipment are you done with?

• I think we are just about ready to put away our swing. Also, LO has not been into the bumbo so that may go as well. I am thinking we are about done with the activity gym because he doesn't care about the hanging stuff anymore and wants to be on his tummy and roll all over and throwing a bigger blanket on the floor would work.
  • We are done with the RnP as well as the activity gym hanging toys. We moved the swing by the window so he still likes that for a few minutes here or there when needed.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Given that her feet dangle over the swing, we should probably retire it. Bumbo, also-her thighs are getting stuck. :smiley:
  • RNP, Kick and play activity gym(we'll still use the piano).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, the swing is on its way out for us too. His feet are hanging over and he's within an inch or so of grabbing the mobile that rotates overhead. I can just see it coming apart and crashing down with one good yank. And well, the whole thing creeks now when he's on the lowest swing setting. Kinda scares me. But he still naps great in it!
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • We could probably put the swing away.  We only use it sometimes in the evenings before bed.  We put away the RNP (thank god!) and now that she is sitting on her own, I need to put away the bumbo.  She still likes her play mat, so I'll probably leave that out for awhile.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We've been done with the swing for a while and DS started boycotting the cosleeper a few weeks ago. We should probably retire the RnP soon too since his feet are almost hanging out of it.
  • RnP is only brought out when we go somewhere but he's getting too long. Swing is probably almost done which makes me a little sad
  • Swing is packed up and in MIL's attic, also bassinet attachment of stroller, and took down the crib mobile now that he's reaching up for things. So weird to have outgrown these items already

image    image
  • RNP, cosleeper, boppy lounger, swing, reflux wedge (yay!), I think that's it! Still using boppy for BFdg and another one for sitting up. I can't wait to retire the activity mat and the Exersaucer but my LO still likes it. now I'm on the hunt for a high chair so I swear it's like retire one thing and then you get more stuff:/
  • We haven't retired anything yet but we are on the verge of getting rid of the swing, RNP, and the play mat. I see all of those being gone in the next few weeks. The RNP really should go today because her feet are at the edge, but we still use it.

The awesome thing for me about being done with kids is I get to get rid of all of it instead of storing it. Our garage is going to have so much room in it now! Makes me excited.

imageimage
  • So far just the mamaroo. He screamed everytime we put him in it, I think he was getting bored. He's still interested in playing on the activity mat. We have the summer infant seat with tray instead of the bumbo and he is still liking sitting and playing with all the toys but not sure how much longer that will last. His new favorite thing is the jumperoo :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Nothing yet, but the swing will probably be packed up soon.  I still use her bouncer when I'm showering or getting her bath ready, so we'll use that for a while longer hopefully.  I haven't used her activity gym in a while though, so that can probably go too.
  • The swing needs to go soon, but when he's super fussy it calms him down quick so I am the one not quite ready to give it up. His mobile and play mat should last a little longer. RNP is long gone. It was so nice to have Christmas around a transition time. He now has a jumoeroo and activity chair he loves.
  • The RNP is the only thus far.

Swing is still his soother (and we have 2!) and with his reflux a bit better, we are just now getting use of activity mat and vibrating chairs (at nearly 5mos!)

He reaches but mostly chills in the swing.
  • Swing and bouncer. Hopefully the RNP and swaddles in the next week or so. As soon as he gets over his cold.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RnP is done and bouncy seat's days are very numbered. We have to first put him in the bumpo-like seat until he's tired then go for the bouncy seat or he'll just do a crunch to try to sit up the whole time. Once he can last through our family dinner sitting up the bouncy seat can be put away.
  • LO still loves his rnp so not ready for that yet and he is somewhat entertained by his playmat. I could probably pack up the swing and bumbo he never used. And he never uses the pnp.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Leskay said:

I had the same experience with the bumbo. Had it out for a few weeks but DD never took to it. And I put it back in the box and returned it for a store credit. Am I the only one who does that? I have kept the box to everything and returned anything she didn't love (even if we used it a bit X_X)

I am the queen of returning!!
  • The only things we are done with are two things she never used - Bumbo and Exercauser. We are passing those on this week. She hasn't hit the weight limit on anything yet and still seems interested in everything we have out.
  • Leskay said:

Am I the only one who does that? I have kept the box to everything and returned anything she didn't love (even if we used it a bit X_X)

We got all of the big items hand-me down. But I think that's smart.
  • For those of you who have gotten rid of rnp and bouncy seat, where do you put LO when you're getting ready in the morning (LO happily sits in one of these in our room/bathroom while we get showered/dressed)? We need to get rid of the swing but nothing else gets her to nap. I think we will cio for naps at six months. :(
  • @Peripatetic14‌, in the mornings DS is happy to roll around on the floor surrounded by a few toys. I put him just outside the bathroom door on the carpet.
  • So far just the RNP. She had been sleeping in that in her room since 7 weeks and last weekend we transitioned her to her crib with no problems. For now I just moved the RNP to the spare bedroom next to her room just in case. I'll give it 1 full month before I actually fold it up and tuck it away in the closet.
  • The swing broke (stopped swinging) so that's done for, also I no longer pump since Itty bit has been breastfeeding well and I couldn't keep up on washing the parts.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Were not done with any 'equipment' but I we never use swaddling clothes anymore. I keep one in the car in case I forget my nursing cover or if it's really sunny and dd is sleeping to put over the car seat but otherwise.... We have so many I feel like I should use them for something. Other than the things listed above (+actually swaddling) do you use yours for anything else?
  • Gave away the Bumbo which was a giant waste of money.  I think we're done with the swing but haven't committed to getting rid of it yet. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"