July 2015 Moms

ftm want to know about how pragnet u get befor dh could feel baby move?

I'm starting to feel our baby a little bit (13 weeks tomorrow) and I wondering when he can feel it to??

Re: ftm want to know about how pragnet u get befor dh could feel baby move?

• I'm pregnant with my second and I didn't feel my dd with my first pregnancy until 18 weeks. Dh didn't feel her until around 25 weeks. Most first time moms don't feel baby before 16 weeks. I'm 15 weeks now with my second and feeling some irregular flutters.

FWIW it's more likely that what your feeling is gas and not baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 16w3d and haven't felt anything. I am also a FTM. DH will put his hand on my lower belly to see if he feels movement and is convinced he has!

I think normal FTM can feel around 16 weeks on, but mostly will think it's gas that you're feeling. I am hoping I feel it soon because I am so excited to know that feeling for the first time <3
  • I think it depends on how active and strong the baby kicks and how heavy or thin you are. I wouldn't expect others to feel anything until you're at least 20+ weeks. Also if you have anterior placenta you wouldn't feel the baby yourself maybe until 20-24 weeks. I don't think a straight answer exists but I'd tell DH to be very patient it will be a long wait.
  • What's the debate? While I admit I was thrown off I still wouldn't comment because it's obviously something wrong. I'm a long time teacher too and wouldn't doubt if there was some type of LD.
  • Im 15 and 4 and i think i felt my baby move for sure last night. .. for was the same feeling you get when your eye twitches. I could feel it on the outside but as soon as i had dh try and feel "she" stopped. Lol.Thats how i can describe it anyway. :)
  • You aren't feeling the baby at 13 weeks. It's gas.

• You're most likely not feeling the baby at 13 weeks, especially if you're a FTM. So no, your DH can't feel the baby and likely won't be able to until around 25ish weeks

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• With my first DH felt her kick at 20 weeks exactly. So I'd say 20 weeks or more. Like PP said there are several factors that will come into play.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pragnet?................. Fo' real?

'Squze me while my eye twitches the fuck out.

13 weeks, I highly doubt you're feeling baby move.  Give it a few more weeks.

• You are feeling gas!
  • I honestly don't understand why some people on here are so rude?!? If she says she has dyslexia can we not simply take her at her word and not bite her head off and make her feel terrible?!? If a 13 weeker feels that she can feel her babe move does that really give any of us the right to make a snarky remark? Kindness goes a long way in this life, we are all on this road together ladies.
  • I keep thinking I feeling something at 15 weeks but can't be sure. I've heard that others can feel around 25 weeks.

@mine555, don't listen to the rude people, everyone knew what you meant, its wasn't that bad :)

• Your husband won't be able to feel anything until about 20+ weeks

BabyFetus Ticker
  • muffyvonmuffmuffyvonmuff member
    edited January 2015
    I didn't personally feel until at least 20 weeks and even then I wasn't sure.  At around 23 weeks I knew what I was feeling was baby and then by 26 weeks DH could feel him too.  For a FTM I would find it highly doubtful you're feeling the baby, more likely gas bubbles.  
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• I didn't personally feel until at least 20 weeks and even then I wasn't sure.  At around 23 weeks I knew what I was feeling was baby and then by 26 weeks DH could feel him too.  For a FTM I would find it highly doubtful you're feeling the baby, more likely gas bubbles.  

I told a pregnant friend of mine that a lot people on here said that when you first start to feel the baby move it's sort of like 'goldfish flutters'.

'Nah, it's more like gas bubbles,' she said.

Little less poetic than goldfish flutters, but probably more accurate.
  • I felt flutters and so did my hubby with my first pregnancy around 15-16 weeks so hang in there! Soon! And ignore the miserable ladies who having nothing better to do than spell check, criticize and judge others. I hope they disclose what districts these "professionals" work for because I will be certain to never move there or have my children exposed to such nasty individuals! I too am a teacher and understand that all disabilities vary from case to case. My heart goes out to you and I'm sorry that grown women could behave that way towards you or anyone else for that matter! Good luck with your pregnancy.
  • Why be so rude! Does it matter!
  • Im 13 weeks with my 4th pregnancy and feel flutters ... I wasn't sure at first but at my ultrasound appt. I KNOW I felt it moving under the wand.
    The baby is also measuring a little bigger so I'm sure that also helps.
  • Thank goodness somebody else feels this way. We come here to SUPPORT one another not shoot each other down. My son has dyslexia and I see him suffer every day with it. Not something to shoot someone down for.

Lol this is our 5th babe and is thought I felt baby around the 14ish week as well. But we are all different, some of us could feel earlier or later. All is normal and good :)

I haven't spoken up before, but some of the comments on here are very surprising, couldn't keep quiet any longer.
  • @LiLDuck353‌ I appreciate it. Sometimes I feel alone in my endeavor to clear the nastiness. I will never understand how grown women can behave the way I see on here and promote it amongst each other. It really is like junior high often. I just shake my head on all the threads I see it on and think how miserable they must be in their lives to be that way. Kind of feel sorry for them. I enjoy humor with an edge. What I see on here often is straight up rude.

Sorry to hear about your son. I've substitute taught before I did full time computer work and I saw the struggles first hand with some kids! Good news is I've also seen how strong they can be too!

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• Beautifully said BabysMomma4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"