September 2012 Moms
Options

Valentine's talk

We are less than a month out. If you are planning to get something for the hubs, let's hear your ideas. 

I think I am going to go urber romantic and get him a chocolate gun and ammo.
Solid Milk Chocolate Revolver GunChocolate Bullets in Mini Ammo Can

And I think I'm going to put together a little shared doctor's kit for the kids.
Primacare DS-9194 Classic Series Pediatric Blood Pressure Kit With StethoscopeOuch Heart Sweetheart BandagesFox Outdoor Products German Medic Bag, Black

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: Valentine's talk

• Options
    jenndub said:
    The chocolate gun and ammo is hilarious. I have spent hours obsessing about which Valentine's the kids are going to do for school and zero minutes thinking about what to get DH. Oops.
    I ordered the kids' school valentine's so I can move on to our family now. I just went with foam airplanes from Oriental Trading Co and I'm going to add a tag off the back like a banner. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hmp1 I really like your chocolate gun and ammo idea!  My H wants a gun, but that's a no go for me, so I think this would be cute/funny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MH's been drinking a lot of tea, rather than coffee, lately, so I think I'm going to get him tea & honey.

For the kids, no clue. Probably a small heart shaped box of Russell Stover. That's what my mom always got me growing up & they are still my favorite box of chocolate!

• Options
    All this talk of Valentines Day makes me feel like i am uber behind - do i need kids valentines for 2 year old's?   

Do they start exchanging them at school/daycare already?  I think we missed the last two years as my kid is always sick on holidays.

I am going to take the best idea from pintrest and call it my own :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    bosha711 said:
    MH's been drinking a lot of tea, rather than coffee, lately, so I think I'm going to get him tea & honey. For the kids, no clue. Probably a small heart shaped box of Russell Stover. That's what my mom always got me growing up & they are still my favorite box of chocolate!
    My parents always did that too and still do! They did it for the kids last year with a little 4 piece box so I think I will let that be their thing. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @hmp1‌ where did you find the chocolate gun? DH would think that's awesome!

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    Here is the site. His wife has a kids clothing line that I like so that is how I found his company.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited January 2015
    @mrskipper I'm not @hmp1, but I did a Google search after she posted and found this:

https://www.chocolateweapons.com/chocolate-guns.html/
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    Here is the site. His wife has a kids clothing line that I like so that is how I found his company.

My husband is going to love you!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options

I haven't thought of a single thing for DH but I'm not sure if we're exchanging gifts. We're in the thick of the kitchen remodel and possible new car.

I already got DS a doctor kit since he plays with one so much at my parents house and I got him 2 "love" related books. I need to order the personalized one from Groupon too. And we'll get him a  piece of candy I'm sure.

• Options
    We do Valentine/love themed books for the kids too! No idea what I'll do for my husband...maybe a fun gift package from here https://www.mouth.com 

• Options
    jenndub said:

That's awesome. Emma and Beckett are both going with a Star Wars theme.

This is Beckett's, but we're doing Pixie sticks instead of glow sticks.
    Valentine Star Wars Jedi Candy Bar Wrapper Party Favor Digital File or Printed FREE SHIPPING
    We're doing candy bars for Emma's class and I think we're going to give home made crayons to Sawyer's class.

Or I'll completely fuck up the home made crayons and give out boxes of crayons.

I was thinking of trying the crayons too. Good luck to both of us! Either that or one of the stuffed animal lots from OT. We'll see how lazy I'm feeling.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and DH gets a card.
  • Options
    Oh man, do you guys remember our valentine exchange!? I tried to find the post but Google doesn't like me.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    DH is going to be on Navy orders over V-day, so I haven't planned anything.  I'll probably spam his email with funny V-day cartoons and e-cards, but that's it.  Whenever we say "Oh, we'll celebrate XYZ (COUGH my birthday COUGH) when I get back" it doesn't happen or it's rushed and lame.  It's better to just skip it.

I need to come up with something cute for DD to take in for her class--maybe "Lots of Fish in the Sea" goldfish cracker packs or "Stuck on You" sticker packs...dunno.  I have time to think :)
  • Options

I ordered a bunch of different flavored applesauce "go-go squeezes" and will attach a heart and that says "You're my main squeeze!" Love, Carter - for all his daycare friends and cousins.

DH will most likely get a card. Super special.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"