October 2014 Moms

XP NBR Aw of something DD1 wrote

Posting it on both boards, sorry if you've already seen it.

There is a "what does freedom me to me" essay contest at DD1's school.  This is what she wrote and emailed to me for corrections.  I haven't touched it yet, but I wanted to share.  I love the way she thinks.  It's a little all over the place, but she's 10.  I'm only checking for spelling and grammar, because I really enjoy her being able to express her own thoughts here.

What does Freedom mean to my family?

Freedom to my family is like an ice cream sundae. It’s the right we have mixed with NO SLAVERY. We have fewer taxes on stuff. NO KINGS or QUEENS to rule us. We are also thankful for the people who served our country including my dad, my step dad, and my great grandfather. My dad was in the Army; my step dad was in the Marines, and my great grandfather in the Air force. We love freedom more than we love dark chocolate. We can choose our own path. We get a free education.

Here are some more things freedom means to my family. We have our own beliefs. Nobody, I mean nobody, can tell us what to believe.  We have freedom of speech, the freedom of press, and the freedom to choose whether or not we want to carry a gun as long as it's done safely.

When I get candy I think of freedom. I say the pledge every day. We can choose how many kids we have. Blacks and whites can go to the same place. It’s a way of life. I can make my own choices and deal with the consequences. If freedom is on your side you won’t need friends. You are never alone.

We don’t just love freedom, we also love our family. If you want freedom you do not steal from people, don’t rob people, and don’t murder people. Don’t ever be scared God is always with you. Life isn’t always about being rich it’s about family and friends. It doesn’t matter where you live you will always have freedom with you. That’s what freedom means to my family.

By: Katelynn
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP NBR Aw of something DD1 wrote

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"