What is everyone up to?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: Weekend fun?

• L decided to be up for the day at 5. Fun. It was raining so DH & I were trying to figure out what to do with her. Whenever it rains here everyone flocks to indoor play areas and I just get pissed at all the oblivious parents. Ikea to the rescue. No really. We contemplated dropping her in the play area there, but the kids were all so much bogger than her and they only had 2 people on duty, so she came shopping with us. She sat in every chair, laid in every bed, and we played in the kids section for 30 + minutes. It was brilliant. 

Now we are home and napping/watching a movie wondering how long she will nap after her early wake up. 

Anyone have any big ideas for tomorrow? We are contemplating the zoo, but I don't know if the rain will pass before then.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • We are stuck home because of the rain too. I spent the morning cleaning but somehow twisted my knee while vacuuming so I'm done. I got done most of the cleaning I wanted to do anyway.

Tomorrow I'll take Ethan to daycare and take Maya with me to get my oil changed at the car dealership. Then we will probably do some grocery shopping and hang out a little before picking him back up.

It all sounds so blah when I type it out. I guess it really is. Oh well.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a great weekend here. My SIL had a housewarming yesterday afternoon, so DS got to ham it up with all the relatives.

Today we did a Target run, and made some morrocan stew. DH and I even got to go see a movie this afternoon while the inlaws watched DS and gave him supper. We got home in time for supper clean up and bath, which was really nice!

Hope everyone with a long weekend enjoys their day off tomorrow!
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The boys were with H yesterday. I had to bring keagan for a follow up X-ray from his pneumonia last week. Of course H didn't offer to come or help at all, I dropped them at his house afterwards. I was able to go into work for a few hours, then I did a run to BJ's before he dropped them off. Colby was up at 4:30 yesterday so I was in bed by 9. So lame. I dropped the boys off with him after breakfast today, got the house clean, all the laundry done, the grocery shopping done and filled my gas tank for the week. Some A hole ran a red light when I was on my way home and missed my car by inches. It set me off into an anxiety attack so I spent the afternoon on the couch. Just finished giving the boys baths and getting them to bed. I still need to pack lunches for tomorrow and put out the trash. Yawn.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • We did not much of anything yesterday and today. Lots of tv watching and being lazy. DH is about to get his butt kicked because our Christmas stuff has been sitting in the kitchen since New Years and he hasnt put it in the attic yet.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • DS came with me to my mom's Friday night. She watched him while I went to a baby shower Saturday morning, then the three of us hung out, went to TJs and we hit the road after dinner. DD stayed home with DH, and seems to better after her bout of RSV.

This morning I got all suited up for a run, stepped on the sidewalk and fell on my ass then smacked the back of my head. So much for exercise, so i basically sat around with a headache and ate snacks the remainder of the day. Thank God the kids took a good nap since DH had plans to go out this afternoon. Now, hours later, my neck and part of my head are sore. I'm really over winter.

• My sitter, who is taking W-F off this week and M-Tue off next wk for her H's surgery asked if she could have MLK day off. I actually grew some balls and told her it would be really rough on us with all of the other time off. Ok, she was staying open.

So tonight at 540pm she calls and leaves a message. The doc "just" called and wants to do some checkup before the arm surgery and so she has to call off for tomorrow and Tuesday.

Okaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. I hate to doubt her but JFC, I call at least some degree of bullshit on this one. So im taking W to work with me tomorrow because I we literally have no backup and I spent all day today having contractions so I'm freaking the fuck out about getting a few things done for work tomorrow.

We are on long waiting lists for two daycare places and I'm going to look at more because im so far past my tolerance level. So she's closed all week and payment is due Friday... I guarantee she'll be reminding us to drop it by and you bet your ass mine is going to be short 7 days even though she has told us this is "paid". So over it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I hope the whole world is off for MLK day so I don't get any calls :p

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Oh man THT I'm so frustrated for you! I hope you find a center you like, without a waiting list and with a significant sibling discount! (That exists somewhere, right?!)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Went shopping & to dinner the 4 of us yesterday.

Today I went to a giant Nestie GTG in memory of the Marie, who is the Nestie I mentioned who died with her 2 babies when the jet crashed into her house. There were about 70 ladies at the gtg & it was a great time! Some I haven't seen in years & others I met for the first time, despite having known them for over 10 years.

Tomorrow I have to work, but mh has off so he will be on kid duty.

@tinyhumantoe‌ I really hope you can find a new DCP soon. I would be so friggen pissed!

@melody921 ouch! Hope you feel better soon. Did you fall on ice? We had crazy freezing rain last night into this morning & a couple people I know fell on black ice today. Roads were a mess too.

• @tinyhumantoe‌ let us know how she reacts to her short check. Sitter issues is that last thing you should deal with right now. Good luck!

I have my first ever all by myself coaching trip tomorrow.  Going over 2 hours away.  Driving 6-8 teenagers is giving me anxiety right now.  I hope I can get some sleep.  

Biggest news is the Packers lost.  My heart is broken.  
    =((

• MRoxy0628 said:

@tinyhumantoe‌ You should ask her for a doctor's note. I'm not sure how an extra appointment constitutes two whole days off. She is rude and I wouldn't pay her either. I hope you find a replacement soon!

Im not going to press the issue because we are already leaving her and I don't want to piss her off when she's watching my kid.... But I also LOL'd at the 2 extra days.

He has an arm issue where a muscle and bone are pinching a vein or something when he lifts his arm, making it go numb. They can't put a stint in because it is in such a high movement area. The problem caused a clot to develop. She called in for a few days when he had that addressed.

They have had this surgery scheduled for a few weeks now and just found out late on a Sunday night that he has to go in to make sure another clot didn't develop before the surgery, and this takes 2 days? Hahaha, I don't know anything about this area of medicine but that seems highly unlikely. Maybe I'm wrong, but the surgery itself is only a few hours.

I think she thinks she has everyone fooled. I wonder if she is getting burnt out on child care. Maybe losing the income of half the kids she sits will wake her up.

• The new way to sell Girl Scout cookies: have your parents and relatives post 5,000 times a day about how you are selling them. ::eye roll::

• I guess I should say I've had a couple families do the cookie thing tastefully, but some of them ... Geez o Pete

• @melody921‌ Ouch, that sounds not fun.

@tinyhumantoe‌ I would be fuming. She is completely ridiculous.

I'm letting the kids play a while before taking Ethan to DC and going to get the car serviced. The kids are fighting over every little thing. There is a giant pile of laundry and I'm just sitting here pretending like it all isn't happening.
  • @hmp1 as long as the lot is cheapish it will sell pretty quick. People have been snapping up summer stuff lately. I sold a few outfits and pieces of Zeke's and its paying for his summer wardrobe, it's crazy how some of these women are willing to pay over retail for used children's clothes!
    This weekend Zeke got a cold as his party favor from his cousins birthday, so the next few days should be fun :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Does anyone know how long people have to pay for a purchase on EBay? I'm looking but can't find the info. I sold my diaper bag yesterday and they haven't paid yet.
  • Does anyone know how long people have to pay for a purchase on EBay? I'm looking but can't find the info. I sold my diaper bag yesterday and they haven't paid yet.
    You usually say it in the listing.  I think a reasonable amount of time is 2-3 days unless they arrange otherwise.  After that I'd contact them.  One day isn't too long though.

You usually say it in the listing.  I think a reasonable amount of time is 2-3 days unless they arrange otherwise.  After that I'd contact them.  One day isn't too long though.

Thanks. I'll wait a day or two. I usually pay right away so I'm just being impatient.
    Thanks. I'll wait a day or two. I usually pay right away so I'm just being impatient.
    Well that is the right way to do it (paying right away).  I'm impatient too ;)  I actually usually just do Buy It Nows so I can't avoid the wait.  Ebay is such a pain.
  • bosha711 said:
    Went shopping & to dinner the 4 of us yesterday. Today I went to a giant Nestie GTG in memory of the Marie, who is the Nestie I mentioned who died with her 2 babies when the jet crashed into her house. There were about 70 ladies at the gtg & it was a great time! Some I haven't seen in years & others I met for the first time, despite having known them for over 10 years. Tomorrow I have to work, but mh has off so he will be on kid duty. @tinyhumantoe‌ I really hope you can find a new DCP soon. I would be so friggen pissed! @melody921 ouch! Hope you feel better soon. Did you fall on ice? We had crazy freezing rain last night into this morning & a couple people I know fell on black ice today. Roads were a mess too.
    @bosha711, that's so sad about Marie. Glad you got to meet the other Nesties, but sorry it was under those circumstances.

And yes, I slipped on ice bc I'm apparently an idiot who had no idea it was slippery out at all until I set foot on the sidewalk.

• So Maya had a complete meltdown when we got to daycare because she was "so scared "of Ethan's class. She fell on the floor and busted her lip. I swear I don't know what to do with all of her drama sometimes. I feel bad for her but good lord.
  • @BeebopandBuddy, that IG pic you posted yesterday of Maya sleeping with her tiara on?  Cutest thing ever.

@tinyhumantoe, your sitter is a complete asshat.  I hope you guys find somewhere else ASAP.  Also, you have to either email me or post the instructions on how to make your light up frames that you made for the girls.  Did you find a tutorial online?  

My weekend was pretty great.
    We had a reunion at the bar I used to call home.  Holy crap.  It was so awesome.  Some of the people who were there I haven't seen in just about 10 years.  Most of them it was around 5 though.  It was so much fun.  I was definitely nursing quite a headache yesterday, but it was worth it.  My DH was a big crab because Cal was up like all night on Saturday (because he hates going to bed for a babysitter) and then the Packers lost so yea.  Like we're not still going to make delicious food and watch the SuperBowl anyway?  FFS.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @melody921 Be careful on the ice, my friend's dad passed away and I had assumed it was a heart attack.  Turns out he slipped in a spot on town square where I almost bit it after lunch on Friday.  So sad :(

• @melody921, you better make sure you don't have a concussion!  I'm sorry you fell, but I'm really glad you didn't hurt your ass.  Butt injuries are no joke, as I have learned over the last 9 days...

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @beebopandbuddy is it easy to sell on Ebay?? We've been thinking about listing some stuff, but on the surface it seems like kind of a pain. 
  • @hmp1 as long as the lot is cheapish it will sell pretty quick. People have been snapping up summer stuff lately. I sold a few outfits and pieces of Zeke's and its paying for his summer wardrobe, it's crazy how some of these women are willing to pay over retail for used children's clothes!
    This weekend Zeke got a cold as his party favor from his cousins birthday, so the next few days should be fun :(

I noticed big lots are selling really well and it is so much easier to deal with.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

I think ebay says 3 days but I would send a reminder at 2.5 days.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @tyrannasaurusjess‌ I've sold on eBay before and it's gone okay. You just want to make sure to account for the eBay, shipping and Paypal fees in your price.
  • @beebopandbuddy is it easy to sell on Ebay?? We've been thinking about listing some stuff, but on the surface it seems like kind of a pain. 

I like BST groups better to avoid the eBay fees. Just depends what you are selling.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

I prefer to sell on Amazon if I can. It's much easier. I only do EBay if Amazon won't sell it, like used baby stuff. On Amazon you just list, they buy, you ship and they deposit your money. eBay seems to have more buyer inquiries, and longer waits for payment from the buyer and payment from eBay.
    Not beebop, but I've sold stuff on Ebay.  It's not hard at all--the set-up is really easy.  I think if you were trying to game it to make a profit, it would  be different and more tricky, but for making a few bucks offloading stuff it's not that bad.  Fees are really minimal--the one tricky spot is that the consistently underestimate shipping so you have to be careful not to lose money there.  All the money is deposited through PayPal so if you use PayPal to buy stuff, you just have extra cash in there.

I've had good luck with small home goods/textiles, cloth diapers, and higher-end clothes (like cashmere sweaters or name-brand dresses).  

I take a "if it sells, great, if not, no biggie" approach and donate unsold items.  
  • melody921melody921 member
    edited January 2015
    @melody921 Be careful on the ice, my friend's dad passed away and I had assumed it was a heart attack.  Turns out he slipped in a spot on town square where I almost bit it after lunch on Friday.  So sad :(
    Holy hell! That's horrible @tinyhumantoe. As for the concussion, @MarisaKathleen, I am pretty sure I don't have one. I didn't have any of the signs, except being tired, but that could be attributed to a million other things. Oh, and I bruised my ass pretty good too, it's just that the head/neck took priority in my whining. Like seriously, I look like an idiot drinking out of my water bottle because I can't tilt my head back at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"