August 2014 Moms

BFmoms, how often do you drink?

As I'm sitting here getting excited about my weekend alcohol consumption... I wonder how often other BF moms drink. (I do supplement as well).
With my first, I didn't even have a drop of alcohol my entire BF experience. With #2 I have become informed (mostly thanks to you ladies) and know it can work.

For now I only drink on weekends. I usually drink after my last pumping session (10:30). I usually have 3-4 drinks. And I don't nurse/pump until morning... About 8 hours after my last drink. I feel 100% sober when I do and used testing strips at first to test.

How about you ladies?

Ps. Changed username from Les2014. Same avatar.

Re: BFmoms, how often do you drink?

• Usually only on the weekends, I may have 1-2 glasses of wine in a night. One before DS goes to bed usually while I make dinner, and one after he is asleep. If I want a third or a beer, I will wait until after my last pumping session.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I can't finish a glass without feeling goofy so I stick to just one glass. Usually about 2-3 nights a week, depending on what we have for dinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1-2 glasses of wine about 3x a week. I try to drink it after LO goes to bed so it will be out of my system by the time he nurses again.
  • RedBean84RedBean84 member
    edited January 2015
    I have a beer or a glass of wine after I put LO to bed most nights of the week. Sometimes I will have none, and sometimes, if I'm feeling really wild, I'll have two. ;)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I drank a glass of wine a 3-4 times a week all through my 2nd and 3rd Tris and while BFing. Current research says that that amount is perfectly fine, and only trace amounts pass to BM from even tipsy mothers. (I can try to find the article if you're curious).
  • 1, occasionally 2 glasses of wine a night but at least 2 hours apart. I nurse LO whenever needed when I've had a drink because my lactation consultant said there's no need to pump and dump etc if you're drinking moderately. I was having a glass almost every night around xmas and started feeling nervous so I checked on the La Leche League site and they say 1 drink per day has not been shown to cause any harm and that made me feel better.
  • I only drink 1 drink or so very rarely, but I was never a drinker to begin with.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• I drink 1-2 glasses probably 5 times/week. My LO sleeps through the night and plus, like other poster said, only trace amounts get into BM when you've only had a couple/few drink. My sister is a lactation consultant and she also says just don't get drunk and no need to pump and dump.
  • 1-2 glasses of wine or beer about once a week. But we're going out for margararitas tonight!!!
  • Saturdays only, usually 2 glasses. I would feel comfortable having 3 since DS doesn't nurse until hours later.

image    image
  • I drink 2 bud lights most nights, not until after LO goes to bed. LO is in bed by 7:30 and I stay up for no other reason than to pump at 10pm. So the window of exposure is 2 beers in the 2.5 hours leading up to that pump. Honestly, I worry more about the beer dehydrating me and lowering my supply for that last pump.
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • RedBean84 said:

I have a beer or a glass of wine after I put LO to bed most nights of the week. Sometimes I will have none, and sometimes, if I'm feeling really wild, I'll have two. ;)

Me exactly!
  • Rarely. I have a very small glass of wine on occasions. I had one for Christmas and my birthday and that's been it really
  • Since LO has been STTN, I was drinking about 3 drinks-drunk (4 drinks?) a few times a week. I think I was celebrating all the sleep and enjoying my craft beers and Pinot Grigio a little too much. I've since cut back because I was just feeling yucky. I guess I'm done celebrating!

Before he night weaned, I'd have 1-2 glasses of wine 2-3 nights a week.

This is me too. I think I got excited between holidays and LO STTN. I feel like such a lush mentioning my 4th drink! Ha ha. But in my defense, I've only had drink 3 &4 on full belly and once my buzz started to fade.
  • I'm definitely not against having a drink or two, but I rarely do. DH buys what I like to call "fancy beer", and I feel bad if I take one because I'm such a slow drinker and end up not finishing them half the time.

We aren't huge wine drinkers, but our wine fridge broke and I don't feel like keeping it in the fridge or feeling like I need to finish it right away.

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• I was a huge drinker so we decided when we started trying back in July 2013 I'd stop. I had once last hooray in Las Vegas in July and haven't drank since.

LO is dairy free so I am too becuase I BF so I figured with being dairy free and not drinking it helps keep the weight off.

I've been a gym rat for almost 10 yrs so dieting is easy for me so giving up alcohol hasn't been too bad.

I do plan to have a few this summer. I'll be beach body ready and deserve it then:)!!
  • I have a small glass of wine 1-2 nights per week...probably 4 oz. Recently I have been having 2-3 glasses on 1 weekend night....and pumping/dumping. ...only because I would be too engorged and I want to send my body the signal of LO'S last feed.
  • None, but I didn't drink before either.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I've been having one or two beers a week lately, although I often go long periods without any.  I can't wait until after LO goes to bed since he's such a night owl.  I don't worry about having one drink, but I wouldn't have any more than that since I'm such a lightweight when it comes to that stuff right now.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a glass of wine 3-4 nights per week after DD goes to bed.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• I usually, but not always, have one beer or one glass of wine after LO goes to bed at 7:30.  His next feed isn't until 1 at the earliest, so I am not even a little bit worried.  On weekends, I usually have 3 drinks. 
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I might drink 1-2 times a week. Usually just one drink. I'm a super lightweight after over a year of not drinking (we did IVF and were not risking anything).

I've been trying to stick to wine because beer makes me engorged.
  • 1-2 times per week. It would be more, but I don't have the energy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"