Attachment Parenting
Options

Bedsharing question

My son is 8 months and we have been bedsharing since 4 months. He goes to bed at 7pm but I obviously don't always want to go to bed that early. He falls asleep with me laying there or nursing then I can get up and do things quietly in the room but I am nervous to leave the room and have him roll to the edge. Has anyone used a sound monitor for this? Afraid I wouldn't hear him rolling. Any suggestions on how to get a few hands free moments after he goes to sleep or time with my hubs

Re: Bedsharing question

• Options
    You can side car his crib to your bed or put your mattress and box spring right on the floor. We did the latter, but will sidecar for the next.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our bed has been on our floor for a long, long time. And my baby has falled on a whole bunch and slept through all of the falls. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bed rails or side car the crib.
  • Options
    We kept out mattress on the floor, and used a sound monitor. I would make the bed safer mattress only, or make a sidecar) and use a video monitor to keep an eye on him.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    We used a video monitor, plus bed rails / pillows to block her fall. The video helped ensure she hadn't gotten too close to the edge after I heard a rustle. 

Bed on the floor helps too so if a fall happens, it isn't a big fall. Now DD is in a twin mattress on the floor in her room. She routinely climbs out or falls out several times a week  Her room is carpeted and set up Montessori style. DD is 2yo...so probably early for your little dude. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options

A floor bed is the safest of all of the options, but I compiled all of our family's ideas and attempts into a blog post: https://moregreenforlessgreen.com/how-do-i-safely-bedshare-with-crawling/.

• Options
    Thanks for all the tips. We have a huge wood frame bed so floor bed is not an option. I have considered bed rails or moving the bed against a wall. He sleeps between us now so that he won't fall but if we did the wall he could sleep by it. I'm also considering getting another baby monitor for in there. So much work! Wish he would sleep in his crib but no go right now. @usernameedit‌ I think we are from the same bmb!
  • Options
    @usernameedit‌ I kept reading all of the sleep treads on our birth month board and felt terrible as a mother because no one there said they co slept. This board makes me feel better about my choices.
  • Options
    @cowpoly959‌ yes, I feel like most ppl sleep train, CIO etc. and when I mention co sleeping or god forbid bed shearing I almost get yelled at. Lol. This board is awesome, very Knowledgeable and reassuring. After my DD told us a big no on a crib we transferred her to our bed. It felt good and it felt right. When she started be more mobile we moved spare mattress to her room ( full) and now have a floor bed where I sleep with her. Sacrifices ? Sure. But I'll not let her CIO. We have a super happy baby and I'm rested too.
  • Options
    We used mesh bed rails when DS1 was little and side-carred when our twins were little.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    MerryLoveMerryLove member
    edited January 2015
    @usernameedit‌ @cowpoly959‌ @kc83‌ I'm May 14, too! We co-sleep with a big wooden frame bed as well and just this week put up the Regalo swing down extra long bed rails (Amazon). I also use a sound only monitor and LO pretty much yells for me the minute he wakes and realizes he is alone so I'm not too worried about him getting into trouble yet. I'm really happy with the Regalo bed rails, though, and wish I would have bought them two months ago. I, too, was pretty much going to bed with LO before we had them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @MerryLove‌ I have had that almost in my amazon cart so many times! Thanks for the personal recommendation!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"