Boston Babies

south shore midwife?

I'm hoping to be pregnant by the end of the year and want to deliver with a midwife this time around (delivered last time at SSH with Crown OB/GYN.  Anyone have experience with any of the SSH midwives (Amy Baron, Elizabeth Bwogi, Deb Carlson, Mary Hogan-Donaldson, Julie Honan, Nannette Landry, Julie Paul, Susan Scotti Smith, Jessica Wilson, Susan Yount)?  Alternatively, I am considering seeing one of the midwives at Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth as I have heard good things about them.  I am primarily looking for a provider that is natural birth friendly, specifically one that won't push induction before 42 weeks.

Re: south shore midwife?

• Following. I'm in the same boat. Delivered at SSH in 2013 and it wasn't a bad experience, but I wish I had the midwife who checked me in be there for the delivery. I also wish I knew what her name was, or if she (or someone like her) is in my insurance network. In my dream world i want someone (a midwife) to be the same one I see at most appointments AND the delivery.
    I wish SSH had the option for water birth, but then, I'm not sure I'm up for that...
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Just started seeing Nanette Landry and really like her!

*** BFPs and Loss Mentioned ***

TTC since 08/2012

BFP 12/28/12-- EDD 9/19/13-- M/C (d&c) on 1/31/13

7/15/14 -- IVF #1

ER on 7/26/14 -- 15 R, 8F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4aa); 4 frosties!!!

BFP 8/5/14-- EDD 4/18/15

Beta #1 (14dpo):  223, Beta #2 (17dpo): 898

First u/s -- 8/28/14= 1 beautiful baby with a hb of 131

10/25/14- It's a GIRL!

11/24/14- DX with Complete Placenta Previa (Stage IV)

1/12/15- Placenta Previa has moved to Marginal!! (Stage II)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • jlb902 said:

Just started seeing Nanette Landry and really like her!

That's great to hear! I have my first appointment with her in two weeks!
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Nannette was there through my labor!!! Ultimately I had a c-section, but after she labored with me for about 12 hrs she came off duty and held my hand during the c-section. She is phenomenal!!!
  • I actually met Nanette at the Meet the Midwives meeting at SSH. She seems awesome. She was the first midwife at SSH!
  • I am seeing Nanette Landry out of Crown and SSH, due in August.  I went to a meet the midwives class and I LOVED the whole team.  I highly recommend visiting that group once you are pregnant so you can see if they are a fit for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"