TTC after 35

Final decision made regarding my TTC journey...and my thanks to all of you *sensitive CFNBC topic*

Hey ladies, this is an XP from the TTCAL board. It's long...very, very long. 

I hesitated posting this because I don't want to take anything away from the wonderful BFP's everyone has been getting lately. I am so, SO very happy for all of you <3 I understand if you don't continue reading, I know it's a sensitive topic, especially in TTC 35+ 

**sensitive childless not by choice topic/losses briefly mentioned**

Hey ladies, I am not sure if it needs a warning but so many of you are still on your TTC journey and I understand how the topic can be a sensitive one. 

After my mini break down on Saturday MH looked at me yesterday and said "I wish you would talk to me". So I did. I laid it all out to him. The decision to throw in the towel is such a hard one and it's hard to talk about with your partner because you don't want your words to sway that person one way or another. You want to know exactly how they feel and what THEY want. After our talk I realized that him and I are definitely on the same page. I didn't realize how much this was impacting me until I talked to my mom yesterday afterwards and she said that I sound the best she has heard me sound in a long time. A weight has been lifted...and I know MH and I are going to be ok. 

We both decided yesterday that we are done trying. With that came the decision to cancel my upcoming RE appointment on Wed. This is not a decision I take lightly and it's not a spontaneous one. I have been thinking long and hard for a while now. Some may not understand my decision to not see an RE but if we have made our choice I see no reason to start all of the testing. Not only because I hate to use insurance unnecessarily, but because I don't think it would be beneficial to get the results. MH and I feel comfortable with our decision and I find no reason to find out if the three MC's we've had is my fault, his fault, or just plain shitty luck.

There are two things I don't want here, (1) sympathy (we all know how we feel about that!), and (2) I don't want anyone reading this to let it impact their journey or to lose hope. I do realize there is most likely other options we could have done, or they could have found a root cause that medicine could have fixed but this is a decision that is right for us.  I really questioned sharing this decision but you have all been so wonderful to me, I couldn't imagine just slinking off into the night.

With that said, thank you, thank you, thank you..from the bottom of my heart. I haven't been here long but as you all know the TTC journey can feel like it's much longer than it is. I think that's why I feel as if I have been here for so much longer. Even before I started posting and I was a dirty lurker, you helped me. Your experiences, your stories, everything. I honestly don't think I would feel as comfortable with this decision as I do right now if I had not been a part of this board. I wish I could tag everyone personally but I would be here all day and I would probably miss someone. So, if you are reading this, my thanks goes to you. <3

I am sure I will have some bad days, I am sure there will be days that are littered with "what if's", but I can't let that scare me into not living my life and getting closure. With that said, I sure hope I am still welcome here. I will be honest, I may not be around on the bad days but I still want to be here, cheering you ladies on. Also, I am open to anyone PM'ing me if you want to discuss CFNBC. 

What is next for us? Well, I want to spend some of the money I have been hoarding so the first thing will probably be a trip. Maybe Ireland, Germany? Not sure yet but I am excited! We are also going to start planning to work on our bucket item list where we go to every hockey arena in the US. That is something that may take a few hockey seasons but it's a goal and one we will accomplish :) 

So sorry so long! Here is a short version:
1. MH and I made the decision to be CFNBC...and we have found peace with that. 
2. Thank you's ALL over the place for all you wonderful ladies :x
3. MH and I have to decide what our next big trip will be :D 
4. I hope that I am still welcome here and I want you to know I will be your best cheerleader as you continue your journey's
5. And I want to add one more time how awesome all of you are!

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

Re: Final decision made regarding my TTC journey...and my thanks to all of you *sensitive CFNBC topic*

• @nikolie93 there is suck a strong sense of clarity and peace in your post. If anyone gets upset by this post, they are asshats.  You and YH made a decision for you guys and that is what is important.  Please do stick around if you can. You are such a great contribute here and bring so much to this board.  

I have always wanted to travel to Australia. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• @sonpetitlapin I just wanted to be sensitive to those that may fear the end of road dicussion, I know it's such a difficult decision and I don't want my post to cause people to lose hope. Thank you for your kind words and saying I am still welcome here :) 

As for the trip, I  have always wanted to go there too! It will probably make our short list. 

@agpjt413 thank you, honey!  :x
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm really going to miss you. Your time here was very much appreciated. You bring comfort and humor to your posts and I love it.
    Be a dirty lurker and keep us informed of your new adventures.
    Sending you hugs

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Thank you so much @hooligans4, I am happy to hear that me being here has been a little bit helpful :) I plan on sticking around and definitely lurking. I want to continue providing support to you ladies but it's hard to say right now if it will become hard being here at times. I am going to try my best though! 

• Thanks for sharing. I agree that there is such peace in your message. Best of luck and enjoy that h of yours
  • @Nikolie93‌ I'm happy for you that you and your DH have reached peace in your decision. I'm glad you will still be lurking. Best wishes to you in your adventures!
  • @Nikolie93‌ I'm am definitely hoping you will stay with us in some capacity, you've been wonderful and so supportive! That said I think knowing your own heart and mind is one of the best things in the world. You and YH know what is best for you and your relationship. I know your decision did not come easy and that there will be times of doubt but I believe making a decision and having a plan take away the stress and weight of what is troubling you. I hope that you've felt lighter and more at peace since coming to this decision. Please stay in touch!
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • Thank you ladies!  :x

• I cannot imagine the weight that has been lifted from you.  This is something that can completely consume us.  I actually took a sigh reading this and felt the stress leave for you.  What a wonderful thing that is!
    Good luck to you and have a wonderful time planning your trip!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• CML11CML11 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm happy that you have made peace with your decision. Either decision is a difficult one, so my heart really goes out to you. Just take this time out for the two of you to celebrate being together and happy.
    I hope that you will sick around, this board wouldn't be the same without you!
  • @Nikolie93, I have to agree with the ladies who have already chimed in.  I feel your peace in your writing.  I teared up a little reading it, as I think of how supportive and uplifting you've been, though you've been weighed down with this.  Please stay on in some capacity.  Your words and your happy attitude have helped me on multiple occasions.  AND, I want to hear about your travels and be jealous of you! :)  (I've been to Ireland AND Germany - both are worthy of your short list!).  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • You're so kind @CML11, thank you :)

Thank you everyone!

• I'm glad you'll still lurk. You are so much fun! Will miss you, but really appreciate you sharing. Something about knowing others have been there empowers you to not rule out the option. Thank you.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • I am glad that you and YH found the right decision for the both of you. We have appreciated your optimism, love, and support on this board. Please continue to lurk or participate as much as you feel comfortable.

Much love to you. 
    >:D<

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Thank you @vh2014‌ and @URMySunshine77‌ :x

I'm not sure I could just quit you ladies so I hope to stick around for now :)

• What they said :D I also hope you will stick around and share stories of travel and adventure with us!
  • Thank you for your honest and heartfelt post. I am glad you were able to make the decision with YH through open and honest communication. I wish you the best on your life's next journey...literally and figuratively. Sending hugs.
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • I already replied to one of the copies, but is it weird that I would be more upset about you leaving than your decision to be CFNBC?  Maybe because as someone stated earlier you feel so at peace and relaxed.  You would definitely be missed if you left.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @lcwed it's not bad at all, that warmed my heart :)

Thanks @dream2be3‌ and @wannabmama23‌!

• Well, I wish you all the best. I can see it being a total relief and I would totally plan a trip too! I haven't been TTC that long but it already weighs on me constantly. I really appreciate your contribution here so please lurk and say hi once in awhile!

Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • @Nikolie93, I'm so glad you posted this. In fact, my husband and I were just discussing the topic of "how much is enough?," after reading an article about the actress Jaime King who went through 5 rounds of IVF, 26 rounds of IUI, had 5 miscarriages, and finally had a son at 35 years old. Even if we had that kind of time, and money, neither one of us feel we could let it consume our lives and our marriage for that long. In fact, we started talking about what we would do if we couldn't have a child... we would travel, I would raise a horse from a foal like I've always wanted, we would retire much sooner... we laughed that maybe we don't want a child! All kidding aside, the point is, we've known each other a long time, and while we want a child more than anything, we don't necessarily need one to complete our lives together.

After that conversation, I logged on to TB, and read your post. I could just feel how at peace you are, and I know that if my husband and I need to make a similar decision we could be at peace with it too. Like you said, sometimes it'll sting a little (honestly it's usually at holidays like Christmas that I have the most difficult time...), but overall, I know we'd shape our lives without kids, and find meaning and fulfillment in other ways.

Thank you so much for sharing your decision with all of us. I'm glad you're sticking around for a while!
    Me: 37  DH:39
    TTC #1 Since May 2014
  • I'm so gonna miss you lady! Pop in every so often just to make me laugh okay?
  • @luvmyponies you and YH sound just like MH and I when we had our discussion! I realized that there are so many things we want to do, and now we can do them. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad that will miss out on all the things we would do with a child in our life, but we are definitely going to be ok with just the two of us..and our furbabies! 

I am here if you ever want to talk through things and get a perspective from someone who has already made the decision. I am just a PM away :) 

@flyliceandcoffee I am planning on sticking around for a while as much as I can since you ladies are so open to me staying :D 

• Health and Happiness wishes to you!  Have fun on your future trip(s)!
  • Girl you know Im sad. I don't want you to go but I know this isn't an easily made decision but i think you are still welcome here no matter what and I hope you keep poking your head around here. You have been a huge support for me personally during your TB time. HUGE. 
    Im reading this for the second time and I'm crying again! I swear losses make us more emotional don't they? 
    Enjoy your H and traveling and fill your life up anyway! I think you have the best attitude possible about this. Inspiring to me for sure. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • i'm very grateful for your notes, they have helped me.  sounds like you and YH (like many of us here) encountered a very tough challenge managed to not only survive intact but bring you closer.  For that i congratulate you both!  it is not easy, and a very important lesson for me.  a very sage girlfriend recommended i stop putting my life on hold and use this as a time to enjoy things like travel because you never know what the future will or will not bring for any of us.  i think it is very good advice.  hope to see you around.       

• @Nikolie93, I so appreciate the offer to PM! It's so nice to know there's someone out there who truly understands.

@ladydc78, your girlfriend is SO right. I was always afraid to plan anything because "what if I'm pregnant?" "What if it's during my fertile window?" I finally stopped putting my life on hold and I feel so much better. I refuse to let my fertility (or lack thereof) completely control my life!
    Me: 37  DH:39
    TTC #1 Since May 2014
  • I've tried to write this response several times and I keep getting pulled away, but I have to say something before you leave this board & community. I am going to repeat what many others have already said. But I want to give my 2 cents. 
    You have been such a huge part of this community and I hate to see you go but I commend you and YH for being so strong and open with each other. You sound so at ease with your decision and that to me means it's the right one. I have to thank you for your candid, kind, funny, informative and generous support you have given me and others on this board. I found myself looking forward to how you would respond to some posts, I knew you'd be heartfelt and humorous. I'm sorry if this seems ridiculous from someone you never met but you and a hand full of other ladies have been so helpful in me learning my way through this journey I reluctantly find myself on. 
    I hope you enjoy YH, your trips and exploring your bucket list. Thank you for sharing your story and decision with us. You will be missed! But if you do still choose to lurk and chime in it will be more than welcomed.
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you so much @teenie16. It really means a lot to me to say that and I don't think it's ridiculous at all. I have never met any of you ladies and I feel the same way about you all <3 

• Glad that you & your DH on on the same playing field. Best wishes to you. Have fun in Europe,
  • wow. That sounds like a really intense decision, but I really applaud you for it.  I hope that your travels are wonderful and that you get to have lots of new experiences.  You have been a wonderful member of this board and we will miss you!
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"