Trouble TTC
Options

anyone need a good laugh......on my painful expense!

hello ladies, hope everyone is having a sunday funday!  my fiancé and I, within last 4 months, went through 2 IUI procedures with both resulting in BFN.  we procedded on this month to IVF. I was on birth control last month and started follistim and menopur about 8 days ago......I had a painful but funny (now that its over) experience and I thought id share it......

After my baseline ultrasound came back clear of any cysts, my doc called in my meds to my horrible pharmacy (walgreens).  I went over to pick them up, cried on the way home because of the outrageous expense but was excited to start the process the following morning.  My fiancé was going to be working for the next day and a half so the first 3 sets of shots were going to be on my own.  I was able to administer them to myself........ but the menopur hurt like a son of a b****.  Upon my fiancé returning from work I asked him to give me the night shots.  He couldn't, he said he thought there was something wrong with the menopur, that it didn't look right.  I, of course, rolled my eyes and said a few choice things and proceeded to give myself the menopur on my own for another 2 days (4 rounds).  my fiancé kept telling me, stacy I think something is wrong with that needle, it looks way to big.  finally I broke because it was so painful and I began to wonder if he was right.......

upon calling my doc office....... come to find out....... I was giving myself the shot with a needle 3x longer and bigger than the one I was supposed to get.  my pharmacy sent me home with the progesterone needle (22 gauge, 1 1/2" needle IM needle) instead of the menopur needle (30 gauge, 1/2" sub Q needle).  I was literally stabbing myself.  ugh, I cant believe I did that.  needless to say, I had a couple things to tell my pharmacist, and hardest part of all...... I had to tell my fiancé that he was right :-/

I took a pic of both needles but im not good with computers and don't know how to post it for all to see.  im working on that part.

I just thought id share my "funny" story.  have a good day, ladies!!!!!

me:33 Fiance: 34
Diagnosis: DOR
TTC since June 2013
IUI #1---BFN
IUI #2--- BFN
IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015

Re: anyone need a good laugh......on my painful expense!

• Options
    Oh dear girl!! Ouch!!!

Me: 34 Mild Thin PCOS DH: 36

5 Clomid & TI= BFFN

IUI-IVF coming Soon...

• Options
    Yeah, my doc office said that I'm not the only one. Total airhead moment on my part. I figured I screwed up the whole process but they told me I should be fine. Follicles are coming along! Thank god I've got a little gutting on. I can't imagine how much more it would've hurt if I had a flat tummy. :|
    me:33 Fiance: 34
    Diagnosis: DOR
    TTC since June 2013
    IUI #1---BFN
    IUI #2--- BFN
    IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only experienced needless from follistim and ovidrel. This IM talk is freaking me out.
    Ugh!
    Oh well, I'll just need to suck it up

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    You are brave!! That is a scary needle. Good thing you figured this out now without having to use the scary needles for your whole cycle

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Yikes! Glad you got it sorted out!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I, too, have been stuck with the mixing needle instead of the subq needle. Friggin sucked!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    Oh jeez!  I'm glad you can laugh about it now!   

Funny thing is that I just told my husband the same thing about a flat tummy...it's a good thing I'm not doing this with my fit, toned early relationship body, those needles wouldn't have much to go into :)
    Me: 26, PCOS, Clear HSG
    DH: 29, Perfectly Normal SA

Married Since 10/6/2012
    TTC Since 6/2013

2/2014: Visited OB-GYN, Low Progesterone
    3/2014: 50 mg Clomid, Ovulated, BFN
    4/2014: 50 mg Clomid, Ovulated, BFN
    5/2014: 50 mg Clomid, Ovulated, BFN
    6/2014: 50 mg Clomid, Ovulated, BFN

7/2014: First RE visit, Diagnosed with PCOS, Started on 5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI, 1 22mm Follicle, BFN
    8/2014: 5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + TI, 2 Mature Follicles, BFN
    9/2014: 5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #1, 3 Mature Follicles, BFN
    10/2014: 5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2, 1 Mature Follicle, BFN
    11/2014: 5 mg Femara + 75 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI #3, 3 Mature Follicles, BFN
    12/2014: Starting IVF in January

1/2015: IVF with ICSI, Currently Stimming

*****Everyone is Welcome*****

• Options
    OUCH!!!!!!  You poor thing.  Hopefully now you can have some relief when taking your shots.  It is also great that you have a good sense of humor about it all.

Smile, Be Happy, and Live Life to the fullest!!!!

*************************  Siggy Warning (Loss mentioned)************************************
    Me:  38  PCOS
    DH: 37 Everything normal 
    Sept. 2013   Married and started TTC
    March 2014   CP
    Aug 2014     CP 
       HSG and MRI done
    Sept. 2014   Started seeing RE
    Dec. 2014  First IUI
    Clomid, 75 mg bravelle on Days 9 and 11, Ovidrel- Trigger
    Jan. 2015  2nd IUI  
    Clomid, 150 mg bravelle on Days 9 and 10, Ovidrel-Trigger
    Feb. 2015  3rd IUI

• Options
    Wow!! You're a trooper! Glad it didn't negatively affect the cycle. I guess as long as the meds get SOMEWHERE in your body....

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    OUCH....when I was reading your post I was cringing!!! Glad to know you're ok though and it didn't effect anything!
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    Ouch! You are one tough chick! Glad to know things are still on track for you. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"