July 2015 Moms

gender dreams

Hello. I am having my first and I am at 13 weeks. Last night I had my first gender dream. My husband and I are not going to find out the sex of our child, but I was wondering how accurate those dreams are? Have you had them and have them correct? Thanks!

Re: gender dreams

• I've had 3 dreams about a boy this pregnancy (even 1 after I knew the sex) and my blood tests says girl so.....two other people I know says they have had dreams about me with a boy too. Weird. We're waiting until the 20 week ultrasound to confirm before we announce to everyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had two dreams my baby was a girl. And she is. That being said I have about a 50/50 chance.
  • I don't think they are accurate at all, there are only two choices so if you're right I think it's more of a coincidence than clairvoyance. I have heard people say they had a feeling on what they were having but I think the reality is that every pregnancy even for the same woman is different, it's fun to guess but there is no way to prove the accuracy of something like this.
  • I was convinced I was having a girl up until our fourteen week ultrasound when we clearly discovered we are expecting a boy. I even had a dream the night before about having a girl. Turns out my intuition isn't that reliable!
  • It probably has more to do with what you think you're having or what you hope you're having. With my last pregnancy, everyone in my family, and all of my co-workers were convinced I was having a girl. One night I even dreamed I was having a girl. In real life, I gave birth to a boy. So, I don't think the dreams are very accurate, especially in pregnancy when your hormones are going all crazy. If they were then I'd know how to fly using a single helium balloon and have a pantry full of cocoa powder. Sadly, I do not.

Me: 33  DH: 32
    Married: 5/19/2006
    Hashimoto's Disease dx 9/2013
    BFP#1: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/16/15 pPROM: 7/31/14 (15w6d) D&C: 8/10/14 (17w2d - possible IC)
    BFP#2: 11/8/14 EDD: 7/17/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersBabyFruit Ticker  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • how can I leave out my dream about my baby alligator =)) I'm definitely giving birth to an alligator
  • I dreamt I was having a girl then I dreamt boy then I dreamt puppy and last week it was a litter of raccoons.

I think gods telling me to be happy with a healthy human baby. Although surprising someone with my baby raccoon would be kind of awesome.

BFP - 10/28/2014!

EDD 7/13/2015

Ultra Sound 12/2 @ 8+1 measuring 8+4

• Like a PP said, you've got a 50/50 shot lol
    But last night I had what felt like a million and one dreams about our baby being and boy and this morning at the A/S we got official word that we are Team Blue! haha 
    I don't know if it was the dreams or mother's intuition. ;)
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • I had a dream I was having a girl then a dream I was having a boy, it's deffo going to be half and half -.-
  • I had a dream I was having a girl then a dream I was having a boy, it's deffo going to be half and half -.-
    This. I've had both. There's definitely only one in there, so its a 50/50 shot. 
    BFP 11-20-14 EDD 7-27-15 Late Miscarriage at 14w5d

Forever in our hearts, Gabriel Alexander
  • sarahsairsairsarahsairsair member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't dreamt anything ..... Does that mean I'm not really pregnant?
  • KoalaknucklesKoalaknuckles member
    edited January 2015
    I've never believed that dreams have any actual meaning.

Your brain just likes to make random sleep movies out of the things you encounter in your waking life.

My best friend is pregnant, and her mom had a dream that someone close to my friend would be pregnant at the same time.

I found out I was pregnant a month later.

Does that mean her mom made me pregnant?

I think it's more accurate to say that my boyfriend's penis did, but maybe that's just me.

Asking if someone dreamed about their baby and if the baby came out like it was in the dream is legit (for the sake of fun discussion).

But I wouldn't have used the words 'are they accurate' without expecting people to wonder if you're actually serious.
  • BabysMomma4BabysMomma4 member
    edited January 2015
    Dreams are totes more accurate than any other "wife's tell"

@DaBearsFansWife‌ Just a quick question for you - why do you always feel the need to be sarcastic in nearly every thread you post on?! Lol! I started noticing it and then I went and looked at your user profile and sure enough, 90% of what you say is sarcastic. If you don't like the environment as you've said you wish more users would leave, why do you hang around? I'm not trying to be mean to you - it's a serious question. I'm sure you'll probably respond sarcastically, but I just don't get it. I've attached the screen shot of your most recent posts to explain what I'm asking about...

I'll just leave this here from legal definitions. Note the literature about the ugly comments and intent to embarrass another person.

Cyber bullying refers to any harassment that occurs via the internet, cell phones or other devices. Communication technology is used to intentionally harm others through hostile behavior such as sending text messages and posting ugly comments on the internet. The National Crime Prevention Council defines cyber-bullying as “the process of using the Internet, cell phones or other devices to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person.” Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating another person.

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• krkmpage said:

Hello. I am having my first and I am at 13 weeks. Last night I had my first gender dream. My husband and I are not going to find out the sex of our child, but I was wondering how accurate those dreams are? Have you had them and have them correct? Thanks!

I also keep having dreams it's a boy... I'm sure to some dreaming isn't seen as a relevant source of information.. But I'm a firm believer that your subconscious picks up more than your conscious... those dreams could be showing you things stored away in you're subconscious... We haven't unlocked all the mysteries of the brain, but who knows what our brain is capable of picking up. Maybe our brain somehow know's exactly what chromosome was used to make your little baby and it's telling you... or maybe not. Doesn't hurt to believe your mind is capable of awesome things. I'll let you know when I find out if my dreams are accurate...

Sidenote,
    My baby talks to me in my dreams... lol its so weird. Doesn't say anything weird... it just like tells me that its okay. I guess thats cool. Lol
  • Last time it was accurate this time I had a dream about each sex. I wouldn't give them too much weight, but I have heard mothers can have intuition about the sex of their babies.
  • I come from a family of people who see in dreams and believe they can be premonitions. Things change all the time so not all dreams are accurate to what happens. From experience, I dreamt in my last pregnancy I was walking and holding hands with a little boy. I really wanted a girl and was in denial so much that I never told my husband about the dream until much later. But I am looking at my son now in living color definitely the kid from my dream.
  • my partner started having dreams of a baby boy from the time we started seeing (not having sex) but seeing each other. And just passed it off as someone he knew was going to be expecting a baby boy, little did we know that'd we'd be pregnant ourselfs 6 months later. I am now 14 weeks and very keen to find out if it is a boy :smile:
  • I have had dreams of having a boy, and apparently my mother has as well. We've also had other relatives tell us they're getting boy "vibes" lol. It's all just a guess at this point though. I will be happy with either a boy or a girl, so I can't wait to find out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had dreams that we were having a boy and everyone kept telling me that we were having a boy. Needless to say we have a baby girl growing inside me!
  • So tell us what gender does your child associate with?
  • I had a dream it was a girl, and a dream later it was twin boys. My ultrasound says it's one boy, but dreams are way more accurate so I'm clearly have triplets 2 boys one girl!!! So excited!!
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had a dream I was having a girl, then another that I had a cat (it was a girl kitten cause her room was pink!) And then two dreams about having boys. I'm pretty sure they're all exceptionally random lol. I feel like I'm having a boy though and I'll find out if I'm right in two days.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• @Andindria Yeeaahh...not the same thing. Sorry. I didn't post an ugly comment or have any intentions to embarrass someone. Was just an honest question with some guidance. No sarcasm. If there is any embarrassment at all, it's not because of what I've said and/or asked. Sorry you see it that way, though.

Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015

• I dreamed my baby was a goat. The whole damn pregnancy. She was human.
  • Andindria said:

Dreams are totes more accurate than any other "wife's tell"

@DaBearsFansWife‌ Just a quick question for you - why do you always feel the need to be sarcastic in nearly every thread you post on?! Lol! I started noticing it and then I went and looked at your user profile and sure enough, 90% of what you say is sarcastic. If you don't like the environment as you've said you wish more users would leave, why do you hang around? I'm not trying to be mean to you - it's a serious question. I'm sure you'll probably respond sarcastically, but I just don't get it. I've attached the screen shot of your most recent posts to explain what I'm asking about...

I'll just leave this here from legal definitions. Note the literature about the ugly comments and intent to embarrass another person.

Cyber bullying refers to any harassment that occurs via the internet, cell phones or other devices. Communication technology is used to intentionally harm others through hostile behavior such as sending text messages and posting ugly comments on the internet. The National Crime Prevention Council defines cyber-bullying as “the process of using the Internet, cell phones or other devices to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person.” Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating another person.

The primary purpose of this serious question was to bring out the fact that she is "do you always feel the need to be sarcastic in nearly every thread you post on?! Lol! I started noticing it and then I went and looked at your user profile and sure enough, 90% of what you say is sarcastic." In your words. Which in turn is basically a way of shaming her. Per your defination of cyber bullying.

Thats how it appears to me anyway.

I understand how you're reading it, but you're not grasping it. Standing up to someone's behavior is not bullying. I was as kind as I could be in my question. I think it's super silly that with your theory, you're saying...You cannot stand up to someone being a bully without being a bully yourself. Really? Is that what you'd teach to kids? To not question someone's bullying behavior? 

I'm okay with you thinking that because it doesn't affect me, but I somehow believe you're just reading too much into it. I have not and will not ever harass anyone on here or be sarcastic with the intent of making someone feel stupid for no good reason other than to make ugly comments. As I said before, if there is any embarrassment from my post, it's from seeing the posts she's made on her profile. It was a simple question that I tried to ask in the kindest way that I've seen several other people on here not do so easily. I'm not alone in my thoughts.

I'm not here to argue with anyone. I asked her the question and I moved on. I'm not offended easily and I'm not into arguing a moot point. Thank you for your opinions.

Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015

• @Andindria Yeeaahh...not the same thing. Sorry. I didn't post an ugly comment or have any intentions to embarrass someone. Was just an honest question with some guidance. No sarcasm. If there is any embarrassment at all, it's not because of what I've said and/or asked. Sorry you see it that way, though.

You could have sent a PM...
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dreams are totes more accurate than any other "wife's tell"

/ded.
    You could have sent a PM...

Possibly an idea. Then again, no one who is a rude commenter does that. Nor do their butt slapping, high-fiving buddies. So I only see it as fair to post a defense for others in public as well because the comments weren't directed at me. They're always to some poor woman who has posted a question and then gets publicly shamed. So I didn't pm so I could also publicly stand up to the negativity. Thanks.

Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015

• I once dreamt I was having kittens. I had a human baby girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"