August 2014 Moms
Options

Bedtime

dvmmommadvmmomma member
edited January 2015 in August 2014 Moms
just wondering what the average bedtime is for our LOs these days.

Bedtime 163 votes

6 or earlier
1% 2 votes
6:30
9% 15 votes
21% 35 votes
7:30
17% 28 votes
20% 34 votes
8:30
11% 19 votes
6% 11 votes
9:30
3% 6 votes
3% 5 votes
10:30 or later
4% 8 votes

Re: Bedtime

• Options
    I usually lay LO in her crib by 6:30 and she is asleep by 6:45-7.  I was putting her down later, but she dropped her last catnap of the day so I moved bedtime.  It seems to be working bc she is going to sleep really easily.  Now only if I could get her to stay asleep!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    LO and I start working on bedtime between 9-9:30. He usually nurses to sleep at some point before 11:00. I rock him in his room and read a book until I am ready for bed too and then we go into bed. We recently started a new schedule because hubby switched from nights to days, and now he cramps our style because he goes to bed at 9:00.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved up bedtime to 730-8 but I'm not sure if that was a good idea because he wakes up at 11-12 to eat and before bedtime was 930 and he'd sleep until 2ish... I'm moving it back tonight and we'll see how it goes :)

We moved it up because he always took a late nap that I'd have to wake him from to put him down and I tried a dream feed a few nights ago and he would not wake up enough to eat.
  • Options
    I said 730 because that's the most common time, but basically any time between 630-8 that he seems tired. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We start the process at 645ish and usually have him in his crib by 8
  • Options
    She's down to two naps so we are at a 6:30 bedtime, which is a godsend. DS' bedtime is at 7:30, and her waiting for him to have supper and get him ready for bed has been hard on all of us. It's so nice to plunk her into bed, have a nice supper with DS and then put him to bed. And she sleeps until 7-8, so it's all good. Except she's up every 2 hours. (I feel like I point this out in every one of my last 10 posts. I'm a little obsessed about it).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bath at 6, bedtime between 7 and 7.30

image    image
  • Options
    7-8:30, voted 7:30.

• Options
    7:00 to 7:30. Voted 7
  • Options
    Usually about 7:00. Sometimes earlier if he looks ready and sometimes a little later if we're finnishing something up. But he seems to wake in the am at nearly the same time regardless.
  • Options
    She goes to sleep between 8:30-9. She usually cat naps at 7.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    I used to put LO down at 7 but he's always tired by 630 so I put that as his bedtime.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Our bedtime varies depending on LOs last nap. I don't have a hard and fast schedule for her, but I try to get her to sleep 2 hours after she wakes up from her previous nap/morning wake up. Her last nap is usually at 5-5:30 on the drive home from work and it lasts until anytime between 6 and 8 (depending on how well she napped throughout the day). Her bedtime is just 2 hours after the last wake up, so "bedtime" is no earlier than 8, but always by 10:30.
  • Options
    Bath at 6:30, bottle at 6:45, in crib at 7! :smile:
  • Options
    6:30-6:45 down in crib. Asleep by 7 or just before
  • Options
    We start bath at 6 and she's usually asleep right around 7. She is not a fan of staying up later!
  • Options
    DS gets his bath around 7 and then is fed and put to bed at around 7:30-8. I like to keep it closer to 7:30 just because he'll get to wired after 8:/ he usually will stay asleep until about 1 which is nice! Me and BF will have our dinner and alone time and then join little man in bed(:
  • Options
    Asleep between 9-10. Awake by 6:30-7am (unless I accidentally wake her up earlier as I'm leaving for work). Diaper change and bottle then a nap around 9am.
  • Options
    Rosebean said:

She's down to two naps so we are at a 6:30 bedtime, which is a godsend. DS' bedtime is at 7:30, and her waiting for him to have supper and get him ready for bed has been hard on all of us. It's so nice to plunk her into bed, have a nice supper with DS and then put him to bed. And she sleeps until 7-8, so it's all good. Except she's up every 2 hours. (I feel like I point this out in every one of my last 10 posts. I'm a little obsessed about it).

This is us exactly too. @Rosebean‌ recently every time you reply to a post before me you always write exactly what I was going to say! I feel like our LOs are the same kid!

imageimage
  • Options
    Usually around 8:30. I feel like that is late after reading all your comments, but he usually needs to eat for the last time around 7:30-8:00. Also, he doesn't nap great at daycare, so we are still having a nap around 5 pm.
  • Options
    So jealous of you all!  You've probably heard me mention this many times on other threads, but my baby doesn't go down for the night until 1 or 2 am most nights these days.  However, when he does finally go down, he's been sleeping several hours straight so that's good at least.  The kid is a night owl, I tell you.  I feel like there's nothing I can do about it.  He'll go to sleep earlier, just won't stay asleep until much later.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm starting LO in crib tonight. If your LO wakes up at night are you feeding them or letting them soothe themselves back to sleep?
  • Options
    @etaguines‌ , I would try soothing before feeding.

Bedtime is usually around 8. DS is starting to sleep much better again so right now we're getting a 8-6 kind of schedule.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"