Trouble TTC
Options

Is Trouble TTC the right group for me? Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of seeing my family doctor for my infertility.  Where I live we don't have access to an RE, so I will likely be sent to a OB/Gyno.  I just want to know if I can seek support here during my journey.  I know I won't have the same experience as the majority of you seeing RE's… (I have read a lot of threads).  I hope I can find support, and good advice in this group.  If not, are there any suggestions?

A little bit of my background:
Canadian, 24, married since Oct 2011.  TTC since Oct 2013.  My mother had fertility issues (had to use Clomid, got pregnant after 8 years of trying).

On a personal note, I'm feeling very down/depressed lately… Our close group of friends are all having babies, and got pregnant right away…  I work as an ultrasound technician and scan babies everyday, get asked my patients regularly if I have kids of my own.  Trying to put on a brave face at work, with my family and friends - even my husband - is emotionally exhausting. And yes I know I am still *young*, but it's hard to explain to everyone how I feel hopeless and "broken"...betrayed by my body. 
=((  It might sound dramatic, but it's how I feel at the moment, and writing it down helps!!

Thank you.
**Trigger warning**

Me: 25  DH: 28
TTC Sept-Oct 2013

Journey:
-Stopped BC pills Sept-Oct 2013
-First ovulation June 2014 *8 looong months later
-Very long and irregular cycles.  Sometimes spotting during tww. Always BFNs.
-On cycle 9 of TTC: BFP @11DPO.

Testing/Therapy:
-Hormone testing with Naturopath showed very low progesterone  
-Prescribed topical Progesterone cream twice a day starting at ovulation
-Husband's SA excellent  
-My HSG normal.
-Undergoing treatment by TCM (Chinese acupuncture/herbs)

Re: Is Trouble TTC the right group for me? Newbie

• Options
    Sadly, you do fit here. So sorry about that. I completely understand feeling sad. I can't imagine how difficult your job is. Age is no matter here, so don't worry about being young. Some IF issues know no age. 

As far as getting referred to an ob/gyn, I'd be nervous about that. Do you know how far away the closest RE is? Some ladies who have been prohibitively far from the REs office can see ob/gyns who work directly with the RE for monitoring appointments. The ladies who do that (as I understand this) make the trip to an RE's office for the major appointments (consultations and treatment reviews) and an ob/gyn's office for ultrasounds and bloodwork (monitoring stuff). But all treatment decisions and protocols come from the RE. I wonder if that may be a possibility for you?

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry you find yourself here. I get the 'you're too young' thing too. I don't know how you do your job; you're a brave soul.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Can you consult with a RE via skype or another method? Some REs have satellite clinics or other programs. (I'm also Canadian - welcome!)

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    You fit right in, and I'm sorry your going through this. It's so hard to come up with a response even when your asked the question over and over. I feel the same way. I always think to myself I shoulda come up with a blanket statement by now. I get the questions at work all the time (teacher). But most of the time it's straight out "your pregnant?!" I'm skinny so I know it's not the way I look. It's just they're waiting for it, I guess. And my husbands side of the family asks at every get together. It's quite annoying!! He feels like we should tell them we're having a hard time but I really don't want to, that would be harder got me. And honestly I don't want them to know, my family either. You'd think common courtesy would be to shut it and not ask (over and over again) until told. Especially every single time. It's something I still struggle with being asked and not having a response. I feel your pain and I hope things work out for you soon. It hurts too that alllll my friends are mothers or pregnant. I just don't fit in anymore. And my sister and SIL already have two. I feel like my kids will have no cousins to play with. Except for my sister who is thinking of a 3rd and says she's trying to wait for me.
    2001 diagnosed with pit tumor-surgery, radiation
    Conditions: Acromegly (controlled), colitis (controlled)
    2/2014 met with RE and High Risk doc
    5/2014 stop BC, TTC naturally
    Never got period or ovulated
    12/2014 provera (very little shedding), chlomid 50mg -No follicles growing/no ovulation
    1/2015 chlomid 100mg -so far no follicles growing
    1/20/15- nothing growing-staring Menopur injections for IUI
  • Options
    Hi and welcome, you do fit in here.  I hope your stay here is short! I understand all that you are feeling with everyone around you.  I'm 38 and still have to deal with it, although now everyone is announcing they are pregnant with their 2 and 3rds... It's hard but thats why we are here, to vent to and to ask questions.  Good luck with your journey!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    Welcome. I think you fit in here. Hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Welcome! Sorry that you find yourself here, but it's a great place for support and answers. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kind words… Feels so good to let it out and see that I'm not the only one struggling (although I wish nobody was struggling).  

It's nice to hear something else than "If you stop stressing about it, it will happen" (close friends of mine.)  … "Just be patient." …"You're still young!"

@Emy426, I also wonder the same about common courtesy (I've been in similar situations), but then I think am I'm just being bitter? It's frustrating too giving out the same empty answers "Ohhhh no kids yet!"  *fake smile*

I had this one patient, a woman in her 50s, ask me "What are you waiting for?!  With your job it must give you the urge to have a baby!"  It's like nobody ever stops to think - what if she can't get pregnant?  What if she has already, but lost it?  THINK PEOPLE.  But I know, I know… For some, it's like talking about the weather, a general topic…. But NO.  Just, no.

Anyways… That was my vent for the day.  I have other little incidents that have upset me lately, but I will save them for another night.  Thinking about it now, it's probably what brought me here… Too many little incidents, and nobody to vent to.

** Ohh and a little update: went to the family doctor today, he filled up a requisition for the infertility clinic.  Told me I had to ask my husband to come in so he can give his SA (or he CAN'T send the requisition).  Then it's a 4 to 6 month wait, and older women get priority (which I understand), so it could be longer…  Fingers crossed that it's not too long.  He said my blood tests came back normal (hormones all within normal range).  
    **Trigger warning**

Me: 25  DH: 28
    TTC Sept-Oct 2013

Journey:
    -Stopped BC pills Sept-Oct 2013
    -First ovulation June 2014 *8 looong months later
    -Very long and irregular cycles.  Sometimes spotting during tww. Always BFNs.
    -On cycle 9 of TTC: BFP @11DPO.

Testing/Therapy:
    -Hormone testing with Naturopath showed very low progesterone  
    -Prescribed topical Progesterone cream twice a day starting at ovulation
    -Husband's SA excellent  
    -My HSG normal.
    -Undergoing treatment by TCM (Chinese acupuncture/herbs)

• Options
    So glad you'll get your referral. The waiting is really difficult, but you'll be on the books! Hopefully they have a cancellation list you can get on - always ask about that!

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"