December 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy nostalgia

I never thought I would say this when I was 39 weeks pregnant, feeling like a whale & could hardly walk, but I miss being pregnant. I miss feeling LO moving around in my belly, her little hiccups and feeling her tiny feet poking out... Am I crazy or does anyone else miss this too?

Re: Pregnancy nostalgia

• Options
    I totally miss it! It is one of the most wonderful things I've ever experienced!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd have to agree here. First of all, I barely had any of the normal negative side affects. I got nauseous maybe twice, and there wasn't anything I couldn't eat. The best was my 2nd trimester. I could still fit in my clothes, looked pregnant but wasn't uncomfortable. The 3rd was alright. I was uncomfortable at the end but honestly it wasn't that bad. I did have trouble sleeping but as long as I had a chance to catch up I'd be fine. The first two weeks of my leave were amazing. I caught up on rest and got so much done.

However while we want other children, we'll be waiting a bit :)

What's so weird is going for 10 months which is almost a year being pregnant, changing diets, wardrobes, preparing for another life, and then boom they LO is here. For me atleast even though I was getting ready for her, it wasn't until she was here that it really hit me, life was different and forever will be.
  • Options
    Let me join Team Nope.  I had a fairly easy pregnancy, but I don't miss sore nipples, sore wrists, sore hips, having to pee every hour, the impossibility of finding comfortable positions when I came back to bed after peeing, being out of breath, abstaining from alcohol and sushi and smoked salmon, heartburn, and maternity clothes.

DD born December 2014!
  • Options
    I miss being pregnant. I had a fairly easy pregnancy and while there are def parts I didn't care for....I liked it.

Of course I have an 8 week old who had suddenly decided sleep is not something she needs anymore...day of night.... So it could be my total frustration with my Lo talking. And she decided to make this declaration 2 days before mommy is going back to work.....which was thoughtful. I miss being pregnant. :(
  • Options
    I am getting more sleep with a new born than I did for most of my pregnancy, so that tells you something about how I feel on the subject.

This is must likely my last baby, so I'm a little nostalgic in that I won't do it again, but more so for this newborn stage than did the pregnancy.
  • Options
    I do miss being pregnant. I had a relatively easy pregnancy physically-I worked up until I was in labor and I have an my feet all day job, I never had MS, and I barely gained weight until 3rd tri (gained like 25lbs total). I was more surprised by the adjustment of suddenly not being pregnant than by having LO around.

However, PgAL brain was really rough at times, especially from when I graduated from the RE and got to 24 weeks when I felt more consistent movement and when I started having every other week appointments. From 24 weeks on though, I LOVED being pregnant!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Options
    Ahhhh @marsavary‌ I keep thinking I should donate/consign my clothes since we're 99% sure we're one & done, but then I hesitate just in case...

I had a super easy pregnancy but just didn't love the experience. I think any nostalgia I feel is more for the ease of pre-baby life than pregnancy (which is not to say I'm not super in love with my LO!).
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    I don't miss the 16 weeks I spent throwing up but I do miss always having her with me. I miss her when she isn't around (and I didn't even go back to work yet). 

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Options
    I'm extremely sad that I will never be pregnant again.  Almost wish DH would let me have a fourth! 

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I found myself crying looking at my Snoogle... Even looking at the towel we had put in the passenger seat of my car after my water broke for the ride to the hospital. I even miss my maternity clothes... At least they fit. I had a very easy pregnancy (although my little was born at 38 weeks at 9 lb 6 oz), with the typical discomfort at the end. I even missed getting up in the middle of the night to waddle to the bathroom with my aching hips. Within 2 weeks I was mentioning baby number next, and my hubby thinks I'm freakin nuts. Unfortunately, we have been discussing our next chapter which may involve a move across the country for him to return to school, so we may be one and done by fate. We will see!
  • Options
    I have said the same thing a few times this past week, how I miss my baby bump and LO stretching and hiccuping in there! I also had a fairly easy going pregnancy so I can't really complain. Although towards the end was the worse I still miss it! We came from IVF so this could be our only LO. Makes me a little sad that it could of been my only bump.
  • Options
    I loved being pregnant and it was really easy. I never got nauseous but did get huge! So now I feel like I have a gross deflated tummy. People are so nice to you when your pregnant too.

We plan on having another but it will be a little different since I have to have a repeat c section.

I am still wearing my maternity clothes :( gained 40 and so I still have 15 left to go.
  • Options
    Let me join Team Nope.  I had a fairly easy pregnancy, but I don't miss sore nipples, sore wrists, sore hips, having to pee every hour, the impossibility of finding comfortable positions when I came back to bed after peeing, being out of breath, abstaining from alcohol and sushi and smoked salmon, heartburn, and maternity clothes.

you have an odd definition of the word "easy" lol ;-)
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    @xc1148 haha, just minor aches and pains for the most part. 
    DD born December 2014!
  • Options
    This pregnancy no. I was in immense discomfort & stress the whole time.
    Post-Natal Loss at 32 weeks, LTTC of 26th Months, 5 failed IUIs, Conception via 4th IVF Cycle in April 2014
    EDD: January 3rd, 2015! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"