February 2013 Moms

How dark is your LO's room?

Nicky's crib is still in our room, but I'd like to start transitioning him to his own room soonish.  I'm just not sure how dark to make his room.  Our room is DARK dark.  DH used to work nights, so he's got it rigged so that no light comes anywhere, not around the window, not under the door, etc.  It's pitch black.

Nicky's room has blackout curtains, but there will still be bits of light coming in from under the door or around the curtains.  I'm not going to make his room as cave-like as ours, but do I need to keep it as dark as possible, since that's what he's used to?  We don't have a video monitor, so I don't need any light for that, but I wouldn't mind being able to peek in and see where he's sleeping, etc.

What kind of set up do you have for your LO?  TIA!

Re: How dark is your LO's room?

• Dark! I'm Actually surprised she's not afraid of the dark but I guess she's gotten used to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have blinds on the windows so at night, there's not really any light coming in there (daytime and morning are a different story; they're not blackout shades so during the day it's pretty light in their rooms). They both now have the same sound machine/projector that also has a built-in blue nightlight. We turn that on for a little bit of light. Until recently though, DD didn't have a nightlight at all and she seemed fine with it. I didn't notice any changes in her behavior when we added the light.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Both our bedrooms have east facing windows and are covered with "blackout" curtains and darker blinds. His room is pretty dark, but not as dark as ours. Right now, he's easily sleeping from 7:30 pm until 9 am. Summer time he doesn't sleep as long. Maybe until 7 am. So it's definitely the sunlight waking him, but I want him to have that to help him set his circadian rhythms.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ours is obviously dark at night but for naps and morning it's just blinds so it's semi dark. I will say I'm glad he can sleep in semi dark tho because if we go places and needs to nap I know we don't have to have 100% pitch black.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I don't know about the dark part, but as far as video monitors most of them have night vision.  We have the Infant Optics one (on amazon for $99) and have loved it for 2 hours.  Just an FYI if you want to be able to check in without going in.  We use it every night and it is awesome.  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"