September 2015 Moms
Options

Really just needing some support...

Ahhh.... iam so frustrated I could cry. I feel so alone. My boyfriend is not excited about the pregnancy. In fact so not excited he has barely spoken to me and I feel has completely withdrawn from the relationship. He asked me what I wanted him to say and I told him the reassuring words I had hoped to hear and.... Nothing.... he hasn't said anything. He told me he didn't want me to abort, but he didn't want me taking progesterone either to hold it. I feel an overwhelming sense to protect the baby and do all I can for it so I have started the pills and will continue to take them. So far so good. The stress and heartache I feel being so alone through this hurts so badly. I know this was a shock to BOTH of us... but I feel like this has just hurt me so badly he could be so heartless during my time of need. Ladies... iam sorry to vent... iam just emotional and hormonal. Can life get any worse?!?! :'-(

Re: Really just needing some support...

• Options
    Stay strong...reach out to the support system you DO have around you.
  • Options
    Don't worry @Maggie8716‌ you are not alone! You have all of us! T&P for you. Hang in there and stay strong.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that you're boyfriend isn't being supportive, I hope he comes around! Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i can only imagine id be feeling the same way. but youre not alone remember! you have everyone here and that little one inside!
    Married 9/5/14
    Me:24/Hubbs:29
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. He is an amazing person but I am just really sad he is acting this way. Now I don't know what to think about him as a person anymore. Sad sad days.... hope he wakes up...
  • Options
    Men can act like real douch bags when they are scared of something. I'm so sorry you are going through this, hopefully he comes around. Hugs
  • Options
    missliz53 said:

Men can act like real douch bags when they are scared of something. I'm so sorry you are going through this, hopefully he comes around. Hugs

What missliz53 said. In the mean time turn to your support network--friends, family, even your doctor if he/she's a good listener.
  • Options
    Iam 4 weeks and 2 days.... did u guys cramp alot? I feel ok... just crampy.... and I don't know if it's cause of all the stress or what
  • Options
    I felt really crampy, like my period was coming and it has kinda been on and off like that. I am 5.5 weeks now and still crampy and bloated.
    TTC: Dec. 2014    -     BFP: Jan. 3rd, 2015    -     EDD: Sept. 15th, 2015   
  • Options
    It's a shame he reacted like that but hopefully he will realise what an amazing gift if is. My husband threw up from the shock as we'd given up completely and my sisters bf ran off for 3 days. They now have two kids and are happily married. Hang in there he might just need s little time.
  • Options
    @Jenni329‌ aweeee.... yah maybe he will come around.... I hope....
  • Options
    Hope he comes around for you. And remember, family and friends (and all of us) can be there to support you if he's not xx
  • Options
    You guys are TRULY amazing. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart... I appreciate it....
  • Options
    I'm crampy too And in week 6...My friend had an unsupportive partner and now her little man is 3! Life goes on and no matter what you will be ok!
  • Options
    Be patient I takes guys longer to come around sometimes. We r having # 2 and when I told my hubby (who was very all about having another child) I took a hpt he said nothing is real to him until I get my results from my dr. He said the same thing with our DS too he was planned and we were trying for 9 months for. So he might just need to process it good luck!
  • Options
    I've heard a quote that was something like- a woman becomes a mother when she finds out she's pregnant, a man becomes a father when he meets the baby. Meaning they take more time to process. Don't give up yet. But please don't let him treat you badly, this is just as much his responsibility. You deserve love and respect too.
  • Options
    Good for you for doing what is best for your baby, even if you don't have your boyfriend's support. Hopefully, he will come around but if he doesn't, at least your LO will have one parent who will protect and do all she can for him or her. I'm sure that no matter what happens with your boyfriend, you will never regret that. Good luck and big hugs. You can do this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry ((hugs)) I hope he comes around.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry he's acting this way!! In my experience, it takes men until they see something visual - the baby bump or even the actual baby before things become real. For what it's worth, my husband acted weird when I told him and this is our 3rd child!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Keep doing your best for you and your baby, but I'm so sorry you have to deal with this right now. Stay strong!
  • Options
    rachaeld01rachaeld01 member
    edited January 2015
    Men react to this news in odd ways sometimes. I agree with the above posts. My husband is disconnected from it now I think, but once the doctor confirms it and he sees the ultrasound I think it will be more "real" and easier for him to attach to.

Give him a little time to come around!! Either way be proud of your strength right now!!
  • Options
    Sweet girl...sorry you're experiencing this!

I love my husbabd dearly...he is an awesome man. This pregnancy is a surprise to us, as well. Men go through a range of emotions, discuss none of them, then act out I ways we have never ever seen before from them.

It's so common yet not so known...and it makes us feel double alone.

Give him a few months...or at least that's my plan. Right now, I am trying to overcome my own hormonal whatevers and und Rostand this realm of pregnancy. There are so many changes going on and I feel a sense of duty to get to know the changes to stay in tune with my body and Little Blueberry.

When my husband starts acting out, I don't do this well, but I try to see him as a sweet man who is scared more than he has ever been scared before, desperately grabbing at all possible solutions (other than just plain admitting it) to his fear.

• Options
    I feel the same way you do. My pregnancy was unplanned and there are 2 possible dad's. 1 wants the baby and the other didn't at first, after showing him the app and giving him info he's warmed up to the idea. We know it isn't the most ideal situation but he realized that all parties involved are going through something right now and we all need each other. I hope he has a breakthrough and supports you. Please just trust your gut and make a decision for you, not for him. It's okay to rant to anyone. Better than talking to yourself. Feel better♡
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"