August 2014 Moms
Options

All of you people who work out

1. How do you find the time?

2. How do you find the energy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: All of you people who work out

• Options
    Wow @zoegirlTX‌ that's amazing! What time do you go to bed? I was thinking maybe if I go to bed when LO does I could work out after his 4am feeding and just not go back to bed.
  • Options
    I'm basically forced to, because Army. I get up at 5 (stopped pumping so i get a little extra sleep), at PT by 6. I think I'd still get up and workout even if I wasn't forced to though. It's nice to do in the morning so I get out of the way, and I really feel better if I workout.

Caffeine. I drink at least one cup a day. And I'm in bed by 10 on weeknights.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did T25 (10wks) then the 21 day fix DVDs .... I make sure never to skip a day becuase then it's easy to just keep slacking. I do this while LO takes his first nap. DH works 3rd shift so I can't leave the baby home and go the gym which is what I really want :(... bUT we are moving and I have a whole gym set up that will be put back up for me!!

I'm starting piyo DVDs once we move.

I don't have the energy buy I'm so glad afterwards that I did!!
  • Options

I work part-time so a few days a week I go immediately after work before I pick the kids up and one day a week I go after the kids nap and put them in y-care. I also have a standing gym date Saturday mornings with my bf. We go to a class and then over to her house for coffee while the kids run around and play. Honestly, if I waited till I had enough energy to go I would never make it. DS is sleeping like s@^$ so most days I have to drag myself there but I have never regretted going once I'm there.

• Options
    We've only been fitting in walks (and H runs) on the weekends. That and carrying LO everywhere has become my workout. My arms and shoulders are better than ever as are my thighs from squatting while holding him! 

There's no way I could wake up sooner, workout, and function at work or fit it in after work. I've been going to bed when LO goes to bed lately.

• Options
    I have the 21 Day Fix Dvds and they are good. Honestly the sleep regression derailed my exercise. ..but this week has been much better so I am hoping to get back on track.
  • Options
    I wish I had time!! I work full time and with DH gone 4-5 days per week I just can't do it right now. Looking forward to the spring when we can get outside and I can start running with the jogging stroller but that is only if DD1 can ride her bike with us (she is only 4 so it might be short slow runs). DS is finally sleeping better so I may be able to find a few workout DVDs (or Netflix/Hulu have some) and try those after the kids go to sleep. I much prefere running but I can't justify going to the gym afterwork then coming home right before bedtime. I would love to do mornings but if DH isn't home that's a no go.... Maybe some day I'll get back in shape
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
     I'm jealous of those that can function on less sleep, but I just can't....as in fall asleep while driving can't.
    Me too.  I feel like I got stuck at 2yo when it comes to this. I get frazzled and angry at myself and just don't deal well with stuff that otherwise wouldn't bother me.

It's so obvious that H usually goes, "Baby, why don't you go take a nap..."

• Options
    I am a SAHM and will get my MIL to watch LO for an hour and a half in the afternoon, or I go after DH gets home from work. On top of that I love working out, it's a release for me, so if I'm tired I'll go anyway because I know I'll feel better afterwards :) But on the same hand I could never do an early like 5 am workout, I would die lol
  • Options
    I just started doing hot yoga... And it's freaking amazing. I work full time and just go to classes either at night when DH has LO and on the weekends when he can watch her. It's so relaxing and burns lots of calories.
  • Options
    I can literally sleep through Alarms that go off for hours.

Me too! I have to set multiple phone alarms and an alarm across the room to make sure I don't oversleep. I can actually function ok on lack of sleep, but if it's something optional like working out that no one is counting on me for that's when I just won't get up.
  • Options
    I work FT and am training for a half marathon in June. I have a treadmill that H bought me for Christmas, so I run after input the baby down at night. I'm always really tired, but by the end of the run I'm pumped and feel so good. I wish I had the option to run in the mornings because it would be a great way to start my day!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options

Thanks for asking this question.  Although I still don't see how I can fit it in - seems like those with really busy schedules do it instead of sleep.

I'm up at 6am, get both girls and myself ready, work by 8am-5pm.  Pick them up, get home.  One of us cooks dinner while the other bathes DD2 and then I feed her and put her down.  DD1 generally gets ignored which makes me feel bad.  Then we eat dinner, DH bathes DD1 while I clean up, make bottles for the next day, clean bottles and pump parts.  Then I put DD1 to bed around 8pm.  Then she continues to get up and we put her back down for the next hour.  Then DD2 wakes up to be fed again.  Then I shower and it's 10pm and times for bed. Then I wake up 4 times at least usually to feed DD2.  So I am still freaking exhausted and can't see myself getting up before 6am to work out.  Sorry that was long, I'm just so frustrated that I can't even fit in 10 minutes of me time, let alone time to work out! This will get better right?

imageimage
  • Options
    Wow @MC03‌ you are one busy mama! That is truly inspiring :) I'm sure it can only get better from here
  • Options
    It's probably sad that I read the title, saw 18 replies and wondered how so many people worked out before I read the thread.

• Options
    First thing in the morning is key, you're less likely to get off track. I go to sleep at 10, nurse DS at 4.30 then stay up to workout while DS and DH are sleeping, so it's the perfect window.

I never miss a workout and i think the trick is to consider it a meeting or appointment with yourself. If I'm exhausted, i remind myself I'll be more energized after. Sunday is also built in as my day off, and knowing that each week really helps - one morning to "sleep in"!

image    image
  • Options
    leanneriversleannerivers member
    edited January 2015
    I used to only workout on weekends but now since we've got a nanny I'm working out 4 times per week! It is so great! I'm feeling so much better now that I can escape to do things for myself. Before I would dread working out but now it's like a luxury! My LO is STTN so that's how I've got energy. We do lots of walks too.
  • Options
    HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited January 2015
    I go to the gym around 7 once LO goes to bed. I force myself to go and usually do cardio and strength training for about 1.5 hrs. Once I get there it really isn't too bad. Plus LO STTN so I'm not overly exhausted.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    zoegirlTX said:

yea I see this whole house of cards collapsing when i have #2!  Or I have to cook more often and feed my child an actual meal...

I'm obviously a morning person & i'm useless to do anything after about 7 pm, so I could never work out at night....too tired!
    This is me too. Pre-baby we'd go out with our friends to a bar some times, and I was always ready to go home by 10.. I'd just sit there and yawn. I am definitely a morning person.

@MC03‌ , I wouldn't work out if I had your schedule either! Hopefully LO starts STTN soon, or at least waking up less
  • Options
    I run so I do it when I get home at 4 pm. If I can't run, I do it after the kids go to bed at 8 pm. I'll do a video then. I'm tired but working out gives me more energy so I feel better. I've been working out regularly for 6 years now. It's not in the cards to quit now.

• Options
    I need my mornings to sleep, since DS stays up or at least fights sleep until 1 or 2am.  Damn.  Maybe if he starts going to bed at a sensible time...  I used to go for walks with him when it was warmer out but now it's just too cold.  I think I would still have a hard time getting up early to work out.  I tried that once and felt ill after doing it.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I work 830-5 and commute 45 mins each way, so I work out on my lunch break every day. I look like a sweaty hot mess after lunch but oh well. I can't stand the thought of missing more time with him and I'm just too lazy to get on the treadmill after he goes to bed. On the weekends I try to squeeze in a run during one of his naps or take him in the jogging stroller if the weather is nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"