April 2015 Moms

Tell Us About Your Pillow Fort!

Since we're all finding it harder and harder to sleep comfortably, I'm curious what everyone's current sleep set-up is.

My husband jokes that he's sleeping next to a pillow fort. Right now I have four, two behind my head and one on either side. The Snoogle and I do alright for naps, but I don't like sleeping with it all night. Our dog, Fred, loves the Snoogle.

How are you staying comfortable?

Re: Tell Us About Your Pillow Fort!

• I have no pillow fort. I have my normal two for my head and that's it. 
  • I'd end up stabbing the snoogle in the middle of the night. It would be de stuffed and in a million pieces by morning. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one for my head and one between my knees/under my belly. A few weeks ago I started using my boppy nursing pillow for a head pillow, and it does a much better job of helping me stay on my side. It is surprisingly great!
    Met 8/2004  -  Married 6/2008  -  DD1 1/2012
    Looking forward to 4/2015!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have one regular pillow for my head and a body pillow that goes between my knees and I hug it. Whenever I roll over I just take it with me!
  • I don't have a pillow fort. I have 2 pillows under my head and my husband sleeps at my back to help keep me on my side and if he's not there I have my 2 dogs lay behind me for back support
  • I'm actually surprised that carrying twins I seem to need less than I did with my daughter. My normal shredded latex pillow for my head (and often I sleep with my head on my arms rather than the pillow). And then I occasionally put a small pillow between my knees.

This whole pregnancy has been weird. Even with twins I'm gaining way less than I did with dd.
  • I start with 2 pillows and the snoogle to prop me up. Once I fall asleep sitting up, I'm good. After I wake up, I toss the pillows as use only the snoogle. DH loves the snoogle and I've caught him napping with it. Cat has no interest in it.
  • I have one for my head and then I have the snoogle for most nights if I don't have the snoogle I must have a pillow between my knees otherwise I can't sleep! My cat also loves the snoogle!
  • One pillow, one snoogle, one husband, and one dog. I've recently asked my husband to bring in his own blanket because I need the whole thing now. My heartburn is getting intense, so I'd love another pillow or two!
  • Just the snoogle for now, best present ever!
  • I'm thoroughly stacked up with a pillow fort, 2 behind my head, one against my back and the big snoogle/curved one in my left that wraps from my neck to between my legs. My husband and I constantly try to find the silver linings for him being deployed during the pregnancy and one of those silver linings is I have the whole bed to myself and I'm not waking him up with the 3-4 bathroom trips:)
  • I have one for my head and then I have the snoogle for most nights if I don't have the snoogle I must have a pillow between my knees otherwise I can't sleep! My cat also loves the snoogle!

Is the cat wearing a sweater?
  • I start off with 4 pillows and a snoogle, somewhere in the middle of the night I lose 1 pillow to my DH (he ends up snuggling it) my snoogle ends up on the floor with my dog curled up in it. Then I try to get comfortable with what I have left. A full nights sleep is really rare these days.
  • Just the two for my head and the snoogle. I do use an extra fleece since I am now banished to the far side of the bed where the blanket doesnt fully reach - my DH says the snoogle makes the bed too warm :(. I kinda love that the snoogle helps me not flop onto my belly.
  • Cute dog!
    I should make a fort... Currently i've got two pillows under my head and a maternity pillow which will sometimes end up between us, taking up his already small sleeping space. oops.
  • I've got two under my head, plus my snoogle. I would probably have more if there were room for anything else in our bed!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I finally got a snoogle yesterday. My sciatica makes laying flat painful so I'm using 2 pillows and the snoogle to prop myself up in a sitting position with the other half of the snoogle propping my legs up. I'm actually laying like this at the moment and would stay like this forever if I didn't have to pee so badly. So, now I'll begin the painful dance of rolling myself out of bed.
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • tif5596tif5596 member
    edited January 2015
    I've got two fluffy pillows under my head, one on each side of me and one between my knees. This has always been my set up though. I want so badly to buy a snoogle or whatever you ladies have But for some reason keep spending my money on baby instead of myself. Not saying it's wrong to spend the money on yourself for those of you that have them. Money is just a little tight. The only ones I've seen are expensive too!
  • I use the boppy body pillow and put a feather pillow behind my back for support
  • Ndm410Ndm410 member
    edited January 2015
    King size down pillow or memory foam under my head, a body pillow on one side and another king size down pillow on the other. I also have a thinner pillow to add as needed and another memory foam pillow next to my head for my arms when they get all tingly. I'm still waking up on the hour. Maybe I have too many?!?!?

Oh and I have the snoogle which my dog also adores but I can't move around as easily as I need to so its now lying across the head of my bed and is great to prop myself up on when reading, etc.
  • shayrenee86shayrenee86 member
    edited January 2015

I'm not using at extra pillows, just one under my head. But I'm also awake at 2:21 am and cannot fall asleep. I suppose I should try some of the pillow combos you all mention but they don't sound comfortable to me, either. This insomnia is for the birds, though.

I thought any pregnancy pillow would push DH off the bed but the snoogle isn't bad! Seriously helped my sleeping, I'd definitely recommend one. Online you can find them for about $30 @tif5596‌ :-)

Edited to add tag for tif
  • I have one for my head, one between my knees, one in front, and one in back. They all usually end up on the floor.
  • I have a pillow similar to the Snoogle (made by the same company) but bigger so it hugs you from the front and the back. Plus two regular pillows. My boxer loves to steal my spot every.single.time I get up to pee. And I have to move his big dead-weight butt over.
  • I haven't changed the amount of pillows I use. I use two under my head and I hold onto one. It's my 'security blanket' that I've had my whole life. It's gross. My husband makes fun of me for it, but still steals it from me. :(
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • @shayrenee86‌ Where online are they that cheap? The only ones I found were about $50. @MOtown I was traveling last week and will probably have to travel again before LO gets here. I WILL be taking my 5 pillows with me next time! The hotel gave,me 7 pillows but it just wasn't the same and I was miserable the entire week!
  • snegde said:
    I have 4 or 5 plus my hubby. I sleep with at least 3 under my head because of heartburn.
    To be fair, I had a 3 pillow system before I was pregnant (king size pillow for between my knees, and two for under my head while reading...remove one when ready to sleep).

Heartburn and pregnancy have added a body pillow and a wedge pillow to this mix.  I manage to end up with just the wedge and 1 pillow under my head by the middle of the night, but I start out with wedge plus 3 pillows under my head and body pillow between my knees.

Flipping over is frequent and complicated.  My cats are starting to give up on me and just sleep by my feet to avoid getting woken up every hours. :/

DH still fits in there pretty well, but usually he gets about 2/3 of our bed and now he only gets 1/2 or less.  I've been elbowed in the face a few times so far, lol
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • This is my best friend (the pillow, not the model). It's called the All Nighter and it's amazing! DH has a love hate relationship with it because he steals the long side to put between his knees when I'm not using it but it's crowds him when I am.image
  • Two pillows for my head and I might use a flat one for between my knees/under my belly soon. Not much real estate on the bed with 2 dogs, 1cat , a 3.5yr old who sneaks in nightly, and my husband. I cannot wait to be able to sleep on my belly again even though I know I will have to deal with leaking boobs for awhile.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • My husband refers to it as my fortress of coziness. I have 2 for my head, one between the thighs and knees, and a pillow pet on my side. So far it's working well! Wishing everyone here a good night
  • I loooove my Snoogle. I have other pillows, but I tend to shove them out of the way. I couldn't sleep without my Snoogle. It's true love. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lay cuddled up with my husband leg between my knees and his very firm pillows (I normally have no pillows, I'm a tummy sleeper) I put my big belly on hubby's side and he gets about 10% of the bed! Needless to say he can't wait til we break the crib out!
  • Here's a question about the snoogle pillows. I toss and turn all night. I have a pillow on each side of me to cuddle with so I don't have to carry a pillow with me when I turn over. Is it not difficult to turn over with the big huge snoogle thing and still be comfy? Aside from money being tight, that's the main reason I haven't bought one yet. I'm scared to spend the money and not be able to use it because it's too hard to reposition when I turn over.
  • kayneg924kayneg924 member
    edited January 2015
    @tif5596‌ that's why I love my all Nighter. The one side is so long that it will go between your knees no matter which side you are on so you don't have to move the pillow, you just roll over.

Eta- it was also only about $45 on walmarts website which is cheaper than several of the other ones I saw. It's by LeechCo.
  • Um....I put one pillow under my head and that's it.

BabyFruit Ticker'>ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"