April 2014 Moms

Saturday Symposium

2»

Re: Saturday Symposium

• So we went to Jekyll Island for a day trip for our anniversary, brought kids because we have no babysitters. Well it was an epic fail. DH had the same cold that I've had for 2 weeks and I managed to take care of 2 kids who also had the cold and were up all night. He couldn't even handle a fun day. After him being grumpy everywhere we went, storming off because I didn't know he had to go the bathroom and yelling at me about everything is always his fault, we are headed back home. Happy 6th anniversary. I miss my romantic husband whose face lit up when he saw me, who would do anything to make me laugh...
  • Loading the player...
  • @janellemj928‌ I'm so sorry:( how heartbreaking.
  • @janellemj928. Hugs, so sorry for you
  • @janellemj928‌ I'm so sorry :(
    NTNP 11/2011 CP 11/29/12 BFP 8/6/13 EDD 4/16/14 ♥ 
    Logan Timothy - Born 4/5/14 @ 38w3d, 7lbs14.8oz, 20½in.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. It was just so sudden, and he was so young. He would be 2 in April. He was our A13 baby, along with 11 brothers and sisters. I've never had to put a pet down before.
  • The thought of having even 2 babies at once is overwhelming to me. Both of my parents are twins so I had regular pep talks with my eggs to keep their shit together when we were TTC.

Lol! Two at once isn't so bad ;)

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I just ordered one of those activity tables from Amazon.  I'm more excited than I should be.  $35 plus free shipping yay!
  • @janellemj928‌ so sorry

@Tferr02‌ that sucks. My H's face has never lit up when he sees me, and seldom has he ever made me laugh. My point, if you had it once, I'm sure you can find it again. Marriages are cyclical, the hard part is hanging on through the bad times while you wait for it to be good again.
  • Sad for all the A14 animals... :(

Is anyone into photography? I have a great camera and I know that 99% of it is how you edit the photos. I want to get a program, but no clue where to start. I've heard photoshop sucks.
  • I'm kinda sad that I don't miss logging into TB anymore.
  • So sorry janellemj928.

Are you from the 928 area? I'll be down in a week!
  • mamrotu73 said:

So, his 9m appointment was the first time I met A's pedi here (we had others for the two times we've gone before since the move). I liked him overall, but on the questionnaire we got, A was right at the cutoff for communication skills. I thought that's good because he is at the cutoff there and way above for everything else. The pedi kept pushing the early intervention place here and acting like A should have said and understood words already. I told him he says dada but I'm not sure he knows the meaning and that I know he understands a couple signs. Still he gave us the brochure for their speech language pathologist. I'm sure it is the office policy to do that if a kid doesn't exceed standards and just meets them.

Anyhow, I just wanted to vent a little. I know A is fine. Don't call a certain score the standard of it is actually higher and don't do stuff that makes moms second guess their child's development, doc!

Wtf. He sounds like a wackado.
  • @mamrotu - that makes me stressed for our 9 month appt :(. Anyone else with not very verbal kiddos being recommended for EI? 

And it sounds like your little one is doing just fine! At the cut-off means passing, especially since it sounds like he's super good in all the other areas. 
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• @eme520 - Evan makes sounds, but no babbling at all :(. Feel like that isn't good, but he's otherwise very expressive and interactive. Hard to know if I should worry.

• okay....we've booked our trip to Chicago!!! I'm super excited, but I haven't been on a plane in 3 years, ever since I had a really bad panic attack flying back to california - hysterical crying, the whole nine yards.

So, now to get over this fear of flying in the next 3 months! Any tips from those that have been there?

• Ryver only makes sounds, does not babble. She does understand however. She comes when I tell her too, puts things down when I tell her to. Meadow didn't talk until 2!
  • eme520 said:

This Whitney Houston movie on Lifetime is terrible. Yet I'm still watching..

When the hell did I become the woman watching Lifetime movies on Saturday nights?

That's one of my all time favorite ways to spend an afternoon lol! Hmm, that should be my combo UO and FFFC...

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• @Teresa1896‌ and @meg.eliz Any recommendation for an awesome brunch spot in or around Denver? Trying to surprise DH with a day trip up there soon.

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• @Twirple Where do you do Tae Kwon Do? I saw your FB cover photo and was curious. My hubby used to do Tae Kwon Do out in Eagle River for several years, and I thought it would be funny if you knew each other from that. 
    image    image

• @macgrs Fun! I'll be waving at you on 93! But for reals, stop in Boston and come to the Museum of Science with us!!!!!!!! We just got a membership!! 

We will 100% totally meet you there! We're super overdue for a visit. How are T and W almost 10 months?!
  • Vinny424 said:

Ew you can still smoke in bars here?! Gross!

That's actually pretty rare nowadays
    That's what I thought! People were 'vaping' in the bathroom and I was all 'oh shit I didn't think this was big here!' until someone informed me it was tobacco and not weed. Bahahaha loser
    Yes, you can still smoke in bars in FL but not restaurants. If a certain percentage of their sales are food, then its tobacco free.
  • @vinny424 @macgrs @mamafantastic how fun! Yes, let's definitely do a 1st birthday gtg. It's unbelieveable that our babies are almost 1- I'm getting weepy just thinking about it. 
  • Teresa1896Teresa1896 member
    edited January 2015
    Keckers said:

@Teresa1896‌ and @meg.eliz Any recommendation for an awesome brunch spot in or around Denver? Trying to surprise DH with a day trip up there soon.

@Keckers‌ , Snooze, Sam's, Toast! If you feel like going up to Boulder you could also try the Greenbriar- they do a champagne brunch buffet with a carving station, oysters and all you can drink champagne. DH and I got married there. :-) also in Boulder: Lucille's.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• So sorry janellemj928.

Are you from the 928 area? I'll be down in a week!

No, I'm not. 9/28 is my birthday :smile:

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and condolences. All the conversations about sick animals lately made me think about how we would handle something like this. Just never imagined we would be deciding so soon.
  • Thanks @Teresa1896‌ and @meg.eliz1! Snooze it is. And now I've already put in my request with DH to go to the Greenbriar for our anniversary next month :)

• Hi @cnbean I I actually did Tang Soo Do.  Still a Korean martial art.  I did it at Alaska Tang Soo Do, which is off of King Street.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"