July 2014 Moms
Options

still not sleeping through the night....

Anyone else still not sleeping through the night? In fact it seems like the waking has gotten worse? I'm not talking about a growth spurt or something lIke that. Any of you that are so lucky to get to sleep all night how do you do it??: I bf , but lo gets bottles whIle away from me

Re: still not sleeping through the night....

• Options
    He wakes up more now than he did as a newborn (like 3x a night). Blah. But he also just cut his first tooth this weekend so I don't feel comfortable doing any sleep training (and he's not even 6 months yet anyway).
  • Options
    Yep. Still waking up 2-3 times/night. Also refusing naps. :neutral_face:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every 2 hours here. Though I just introduced brown rice cereal and I'm feeding now after a 4 hour stretch! I'm slowly trying to help her learn to self soothe but will do some legitimate sleep training once she hits 6 months in a month. I keep holding out hope that she can work into healthier sleep patterns on her own.

My goal is not sttn but to reduce to 2 and then 1 wakeup per night.

• Options
    Still every 1-3 hours here. Introducing solids didn't seem to help at all.
  • Options
    I'm in the 1-3 hour club. Solids didn't help us either. Nursing is the only way to get her back to sleep.
  • Options
    Yeah solids don't seem to help us at all and weve been looking for teeth, if nothing else but for an explanation and we've yet to get any :/
  • Options
    Yes. DS wakes up once, maybe twice per night. Plus, my 17 month old.....she has never slept through the night. I pray that your Lo's give you rest soon. It's a bitch!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Mine was waking up every one to two hours. So we gave up and started bedsharing this weekend -- put our mattress on the floor and everything. I'm getting a lot more sleep now though I'm sure someday I might wonder if this was really a good idea.
  • Options
    So I thought I was a baby whispering rock star when LO transitioned to the crib from the RNP with no problems the first night.  

Welllllllllll, the subsequent nights have been hell on earth.  Up every 1-2 hours and he's all like "what the eff is THIS!?  This is NOT cozy!  I demand to be nursed!"  

So far I've resisted putting him back in the RNP, but if this is the new normal I am totally screwed.

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    Same here. LO slept great (up to 7hr stretches) until about 4mths which is also about when we transitioned from RNP to crib..now she is up every 3 hrs. Waiting until 6 mths to start any type of sleep training though. was hoping that she would start STTN on her own but doesnt look like that is going to happen :(

• Options
    Up for 1-2 feedings and another 1-2 pacifier fixes. She is starting to self soothe, sometimes she fusses for a few minutes and will quiet back down. This is a huge improvement over where we were a month ago.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    Up 3x a night usually. She won't be rocked or soothed, just wants the boob. She slept SO well a couple of months ago, then this started. Hopefully we'll be back to sanity soon! LOL, though I doubt it...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for posting this, I'm in the same boat as all of you. Ugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Usually up 3x a night here, too. Every once in awhile I get 2 times, and often it's 4. Getting her to sleep at night is the worst. I'm so glad I'm not alone! I'm ready to not be a zombie at the office.
  • Options
    DD will usually only wake once between 3-6 AM, but sometimes she's up 3 or more times. Luckily, she's easy to get back down and she knows how to fall asleep on her own.

• Options
    Our little munchkin is waking up about 10 times within the first two hours of putting her down...and it goes on from there. She's had two colds in the past 6 weeks, I'm hoping it is related to this and will pass. Once the clock hits about 11:00 and she wakes up we take her in to bed with us, THEN she sleeps like a baby all night long. I'm just a little worried that we are starting a bad habit, but I can't deal with getting out of bed every half hour, and I don't think the baby is happy with all this waking up either, so bed sharing seems to be the temporary cure for us.
  • Options
    Yawn. I'm in the same club.

He STTN 12 hours straight for 3 weeks at 3 months old, and for the last 3 months, he's been up at LEAST 1-2 times a night, every night. And his waking is actually getting earlier.

I attempted the moms on call approach of pushing back feedings by checking/soothing every 5 minutes of fussing, no luck.

We just came back from vacation on Saturday, where he slept til 5am 3 nights in a row, and stopped immediately when we got home.

Last night, out of desperation, I experimented with a little CIO with 1-3-5 minute checks and he was infuriated.

I am beyond the point of exhaustion. We were considering a third, but I can't even imagine that right now.

• Options
    We're up 4-8 times a night. Every.damn.Night. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    BPer said:
    We were considering a third, but I can't even imagine that right now.
    That's crazy talk!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Started sleep training cio and now he is up 2x down at 8pm- up at 1 am to feed them wakes around 7-8. Before sleep training he was waking every 2 hours to eat! Finally getting sleep!
  • Options
    You ladies just made my night! My baby was an angel sleeper until 3 months old.. Since then, she gets up at least 2x every night. I'm too tired to not just shove a boob in her mouth
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kid slept well prior to 3 months. I wondered if I had done something wrong that I didn't realize! I miss those 4-7 hour stretches!
  • Options
    I've told Dh that I won't start trying for another until she sttn. Not that we were in a hurry anyway but that's my new qualifier. I remember how exhausting pregnancy was...

• Options
    My almost 3 year old doesn't SSTN yet. Soooooooo needless too say I'm up all night long between the two. God bless coffee! ~O)
  • Options

Thank goodness for this thread! Makes me feel a little less crazy.

LO starts the night in her RNP (still haven't tried to make the transition to the crib) and then usually wakes up 2-3 hours later and I end up bringing her into bed with me because I'm too tired to care (of course we practice safe co-sleeping). But these days, even in bed with me, she's waking every 1-3 hours. Most nights I nurse her back to sleep.

DD is already 6 months old and I'm about to start some sleep training this coming Friday.

Anyone interested in me starting a sleep training thread for when others start or attempt to sleep train their LO's so we can document progress and offer support?!

• Options
    I can't even begin to know where or what to do as far as sleep training goes!  ZZzz
  • Options
    Yes to sleep training thread, but idk when I will start sleep training. I'd love to see what has worked and not worked for others.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DD has decided to scream now when she wakes up instead of just cry. Only thing that stops the screaming is me. Not DH, unfortunately. As much as I love that she obviously loves her mama, I would like it if she would love her dad, too. Running on about 5 hours of sleep today. Ugh.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kid slept well prior to 3 months. I wondered if I had done something wrong that I didn't realize! I miss those 4-7 hour stretches!

Same here exactly. I thought I had an amazing sleeper until she hit just over 3 months. Little did I know.
  • Options

DD has decided to scream now when she wakes up instead of just cry. Only thing that stops the screaming is me. Not DH, unfortunately. As much as I love that she obviously loves her mama, I would like it if she would love her dad, too. Running on about 5 hours of sleep today. Ugh.

You may not believe this but our LO ONLY screams. No crying. It's infuriating and nerve wrecking.

Agree with PP, third kid= not a fat chance. This one did us in.

DD is terrible at sleeping. Way too dependent on paci. I'm thinking of ditching that paci soon. Like this weekend.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Our DD has flat out refused to sleep at all the past 4 nights unless she is in our arms. Nothing works. We cannot live like this (taking shifts all night, every night). I don't understand why she is like this all of a sudden, but I have no idea how to get her to stop. Nothing seems to be working and my DH and I are both admittedly going a bit crazy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    LO refused to sleep at all last night unless he was on the boob.  I couldn't even take shifts, @january bride!!  This is definitely what they call "unsustainable"!!!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    For us the swaddle is the key to her sleeping TTN. She likes one arm free. Now if she breaks out that other arm its a rough night. Problem is, she can't be swaddled forever. I will likely be in the same boat as you girls next week since we decided we will transition her off....
  • Options
    Same here. Everyone swore it would help. He also rolls over to yummy now to sleep. And still wakes up a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"