Military Families

PCSing around due date

We are a Marine family. DH is going for his B billet training which we were supposed to PCS after he finishes. However this is approximately one month before I'm due. We don't live in the continental US so what might I expect? What is the probability of getting orders to move in my 8th month of pregnancy with a five hour flight between our current location and our next duty station? Or how soon could we expect to move after baby is born? This is our fourth move, fifth child so I'm not a newbie at this, just looking for some insight. TIA!
? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PCSing around due date

• o_so_in_loveo_so_in_love member
    edited January 2015
    I also have a history of preterm labor. We're still waiting on official orders...
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're also still waiting on official orders, and H is AF, so I imagine it's a little different, but I can tell you what we've done. So, we would be PCS-ing, based on other people we know who have made this same trip, around 3 weeks before my EDD. I've talked to L&D here, and to my doctor and basically, they do not want me to move. I can either move before 32 weeks or after the birth.

H talked to both his command and his career field supervisor to get an idea of what we needed to do to either move much earlier than expected or be prepared to move pretty quickly. We're still kind of waiting to hear, and it has been suggested to me by my Key Spouse that after my 12 week appointment H and I should have a small sit-down with H's commander to go over what my doctors are telling me vs. what can be done.

I'm guessing, especially if you have a history, that your doctors' opinions are going to come into play here.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are army but I am going through the same thing. We are pcsing from Japan to the states 2 months before I am due with twins(which almost always come early) what I would do is see if your orders get cut and if they do you can file for an extension. I am pretty sure that you can get them for up to 90 days. But don't quote me on that! I would say have him talk to his command and see what all of the options are. I doubt that you would be forced to fly if it was a risk to your health.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"