August 2014 Moms

JFF: Did your baby give clues to their personality before birth?

MandMLeonaMandMLeona member
edited January 2015 in August 2014 Moms
My three little ones were all very different before they were even born. Just wondering if others experience that too.

JFF: Did your baby give clues to their personality before birth? 55 votes

Yep, drama queen.
3% 2 votes
Yep, care taker.
0% 0 votes
Yep, social butterfly.
10% 6 votes
Yep, wild child.
9% 5 votes
Yep, take charge.
3% 2 votes
Yep, some other personality.
32% 18 votes
Nope, I think the personality is still undefined.
12% 7 votes
Nope, but now it's emerging.
20% 11 votes
SS
0% 0 votes
I'm too sleep deprived to tell.
7% 4 votes

Re: JFF: Did your baby give clues to their personality before birth?

• Busy, busy, busy!
  • LO was SO active in the womb... all day long he was go, go, go. He loved it when people were talking to me (or him) and would go nuts. On the other hand, he slept at night while in the womb and that stayed consistent. He would wake to eat at night but go right back to sleep. He is still pretty good at night.

• Loading the player...
  • It's funny how even their movements were so familiar. DD loved kicking her feet while DS loved extending his and basically planking.

In utero, every time I started to worry about DD (yup, I was a very paranoid FTM) she would move as if to reassure me. She's grown to be a total empath and always wants the people around her to be happy. She'll comfort anyone who seems to need it.

DS is such a people person. He's generous with his smiles and will tolerate being passed around for quite a while. He thrives on attention, especially from his sister.
  • SoSayWeAllSoSayWeAll member
    edited January 2015
    I would say yes. My DS was pretty relaxed in utero; it didn't seem like he moved as much as other people's babies. He is a pretty relaxed, go with the flow baby. He does not cry much unless something is really wrong. I noticed a ton of movement whenever I would eat and he is a big eater. My biggest challenge with him at the beginning was the nonstop comfort nursing. ETA: And my theory on why he was breech is that he is a nonconformist. It's too early to tell if that is true.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO was very active and constantly moved. Everyone constantly tells me how much of a wiggle worm A is. Guess nothings changed there. 

• Nope.

DS is busy and has been since he figured out it was fun to roll both ways at 6 months. He talks nonstop and is very social.

DD is also very social. She will smile at anyone and they are huge smiles. She seems more laid back than DS but time will tell...

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I felt as though DS was a calm, serious baby in the womb, and he's turned out to be a calm, serious infant. I might be projecting in retrospect though

image    image
  • leanneriversleannerivers member
    edited January 2015
    My LO is stubborn and super particular and it kinda of matches up. She was breech and wouldn't move from her comfy spot. I tried anything and everything to flip her (including 2 ECVs) and she just wouldn't budge! However, She wasn't super super active in utero and now she's very active and into everything. But I also had an anterior placenta.
  • I noticed that DD wouldn't really move when other people touched my belly or would stop moving if I told someone she was and they tried to feel. I would say that was a little indication On how she is now. She doesn't like To be passed around a group at all and hides her face when new people talk to her. Not really personality but DD had the hiccups all the time when I was pregnant with her and still gets them often now.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • She was a huge kicker and still is! She doesn't like noise and is very shy she always turned away during the sono and now when the music is to loud or there are too many people around she cries of clings to me.
  • LO was very active and constantly moved. Everyone constantly tells me how much of a wiggle worm A is. Guess nothings changed there. 

Mine is exactly the same.

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• LO was super lazy in the womb and didn't move a whole lot. He never was active at night and only a little in the day. He is the most laid back baby and loves his sleep now!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • ekneippekneipp member
    edited January 2015
    LO was very active and constantly moved. Everyone constantly tells me how much of a wiggle worm A is. Guess nothings changed there. 
    Mine is exactly the same.

Ditto here! This boy doesn't sit/lay still.
  • A is silently demanding and uproariously pissy. And stubborn as all he!!. Her nickname is Miss Piss (piss and vinegar). She was quiet inutero, with some quirks, and she's the same now. She was trouble on the inside, stubbornly wouldn't get out, and those traits have stuck around.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"